The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Philosophy B601/B602 - Your predictions?

What do you think will come up on tomorrows exam papers?

I am doing as follows:

B601:

-Belief about Deity (I chose Islam for this),
-The End of life (I chose Christianity)

B602:

-Good and Evil (Christianity)
-Religion and Science (Islam)

For B601 Belief about Deity, I reckon something about the Shahadah (What it says about Allah), for the 6 marker. And for 12 marker, Explain why the Prophet Muhammad is important to Muslims.

For B601 Life after Death I reckon something about describing what happens after death (e.g. Heaven, Hell, Purgatory etc) for 6 marker, and for 12 marker "Only Christians will enter Heaven".

For B602 Good and Evil, I believe something about the Fall (Adam + Eve) will be 6 marks, for example to describe the fall. And for the 12 marker, something about what causes Evil.

For B602 Religion and Science, I think the scientific theories about the earth's formation will appear for 6 marks, and for 12 marks, something about how scientific theories and religious theories will show up.

What are your predictions? It can be for any module!

Best of luck to all sitting this exam and in the rest of your exams! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I may add - for me, these exams seem much easier than B603/4.
once my teacher saw the ethics paper she said that she thought the philosophy paper could be a beast as the ethics was quite nice. Man i hope not though! do you guys think it will be bad? :smile:
Original post by passmore1999
once my teacher saw the ethics paper she said that she thought the philosophy paper could be a beast as the ethics was quite nice. Man i hope not though! do you guys think it will be bad? :smile:

philosophy is always harder as you have to memorise quotes, and actually there are right and wrong answers rather than ethics where it is your opinion

#timetofail
Original post by kickboxer 98
philosophy is always harder as you have to memorise quotes, and actually there are right and wrong answers rather than ethics where it is your opinion

#timetofail

Nah, for what I'm doing there's not many quotes. You don't really need to include quotes per se, just describe what you mean... I'm sure the examiners do not revise the bible/ other religious books! :smile:

Good luck
I like philosophy better 😏 I hope arguments for believing in God comes up or like ideas on how the world began 👏🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Turns out the paper was a beast. I did Islam for Section A and C in B601 and Islam for section A and B in B602, probably hardest exam I've had in the whole of the exam season.
Original post by Synmatic
Turns out the paper was a beast. I did Islam for Section A and C in B601 and Islam for section A and B in B602, probably hardest exam I've had in the whole of the exam season.

I just did Christianity, as thats all we were ever taught, it was so hard!

Like how can we argue whether religion is needed anymore- Im not even Christian!
Such an easy exam! B601 I did Islam for part A, and for part C I did Christianity.

For B602 I did Christianity for part A, and I did Islam for part B.

The B602 evaluation question for part B (There's no point in religion) seemed difficult at first, but then I started talking about how the big bang theory is more valid than the design argument etc.. went very well, wrote 2 pages just for that!

I felt B601 was the easiest of the two. I felt quite intimidated by B602!

Hope it went well guys.
(edited 8 years ago)
I just did Christianity, as thats all we were ever taught, it was so hard!

Like how can we argue whether religion is needed anymore- Im not even Christian!

You answered all Christianity? Weren't you supposed to do One religion for part A, and another for part B?

e.g. Christianity for Part A, and Islam for Part C.

Maybe it varies from school to school?

I thought that was easy. I started talking about big bang theory vs the design argument.
Original post by abrack
You answered all Christianity? Weren't you supposed to do One religion for part A, and another for part B?

I answered all Christianity as well! I think it might be up to the school with what they teach?
I am at a catholic school and we learn all 3 topics for each exam so we have a choice, I think it works quite well however wasn't really feeling b602
Original post by abrack
I thought that was easy. I started talking about big bang theory vs the design argument.

Yea i spoke about the teleological argument and Big Bang (and Darwin)
But that hasnt got anything to do with religion, its all to do with the existance of God
We've only ever been taught christianity so we do Christianity for each section. I thought the exam was ok, quite hard in places. The ethics was definitely easier! :smile:
Original post by abrack

We were only ever taught Christianity, no other religion... i dont know (tbh i think i failed it)
We were only ever taught Christianity, no other religion... i dont know (tbh i think i failed it)

I see.

Let's hope not, stay positive! :smile:
Yea i spoke about the teleological argument and Big Bang (and Darwin)
But that hasnt got anything to do with religion, its all to do with the existance of God

God influences revision. The teleological argument is used in the bible/qur'an, in Genesis where it talks about the world being formed in 6 days/stages. Big Bang disproves that explain why _______________ so the Big bang disproves religion, showing that scientific theories are over taking religion, showing we don't need it.

You'll be okay! That's the answer they look for! :smile:
Original post by Rachael.86
I answered all Christianity as well! I think it might be up to the school with what they teach?
I am at a catholic school and we learn all 3 topics for each exam so we have a choice, I think it works quite well however wasn't really feeling b602

I see! Probably varies then. :smile:
Reply 18
Most schools do only one religion so that topics and quotes can be linked and used interchangeably for all questions
Very broad and open ended questions for the 12 markers for christianity

Quick Reply

Latest