The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ETRC
no idea
i'm sure ocr is gonna find a way to mess us up even more with their crap

Trust me these man change their opinions on what's right or not in the space of 6 months. The mark scheme is disgusting to look at
Reply 1661
Original post by verello12
Man I prepared for this exam so hard, I did all the past papers all the way back to 2009, I did each past paper like 3 times over, made tons of notes, memorized everythng, I was feeling like I'd get 100% or 90% at least, There was no brownian motion question, no list assumptiuons of kinetic model, no 'how preassure exerts walls on gas', no experiments of any kind. Question 1 was utter bullshet, question 2 was pretty difficult.

Now I'm scared I won't even get 59 UMS points ( that's what I need). I know I lost 10 marks for sure probably more.

I feel terrible right now......

How many marks do you recon I need for 59 UMS points

i was so pissed there was no brownian motion or circular motion
those come up pretty much every year except this year
Original post by ETRC

I know I focused so much on them!!!!
Original post by chem@uni
that is what it was last year

True. Very true.
any prediction for the 80 ums?
Original post by ninjasinpjs

Honestly could be anything
lol wtf was that though.
Worse than last years Dx
Original post by chem@uni
Honestly could be anything

what was 80ums last year? I don't have Microsoft edexcel to download the converter ._.
For the describing acceleration from the graph question, the acceleration is ALWAYS increasing, because even though the force was decreasing, it was still a positive force. This meant that the RATE OF INCREASE of acceleration was decreasing, but the acceleration was still increasing
Unofficial mark scheme anywhere? So many graphs and virtually no definitions, expecting low boundaries.
Original post by Flux_Dubstep
Yeah I got this, so s was proportional to u^2 with the other stuff as constant

Where did you get M from. That is wrong. Its a projectile with constant acceleration so distance is independent of the mass.
Original post by MacDaddy101
thats pretty much what i did, did you get 7.14x10^6 or something like that?

I got something x10^6 i remember thinking it might be wrong coz the pressure ended up being lower than the initial because it was x10^7 but i realised the volume had increased due to the introduction of the new canister or whatever it was.
Reply 1672
Original post by ninjasinpjs

42 the paper was not that difficult for the later questions but people would make mistakes because OCR cannot word questions properly
Original post by Cotcher
For the describing acceleration from the graph question, the acceleration is ALWAYS increasing, because even though the force was decreasing, it was still a positive force. This meant that the RATE OF INCREASE of acceleration was decreasing, but the acceleration was still increasing

F=ma so just think of the y axis as a

Therefore it's decreasing from 6.5ms onwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ETRC

Well maybe you should have learnt the theory behind everything and how to apply it rather than just memorising stuff from mark schemes. Personally I thought it was a great paper cos there were no **** questions where you just had to memorise stuff and it was all application of knowledge.
Guys, for the system damped by the oil was it a sinusoidal graph with constantly decreasing amplitude until it hit 0 with the same wavelength as the original and was the graph asking for the 0-12hz oscillation a resonance graph with driving frequency and amplitude as the axes?
Original post by I Persia I
Guys, for the system damped by the oil was it a sinusoidal graph with constantly decreasing amplitude until it hit 0 with the same wavelength as the original and was the graph asking for the 0-12hz oscillation a resonance graph with driving frequency and amplitude as the axes?

Yes
Original post by SomeGuy96
I also got 81 moles total, giving 36.something moles for helium and not 41. I wonder what we did wrong. Any other 36ers?

I do seem to remember getting 41 moles of helium. I think i either got 86 total or I added 41 to 40 for some reason.
Original post by Flux_Dubstep
Theta was the angle at launch

Ah good, thanks :biggrin:
any chance of an unofficial mark scheme ???

Latest

Trending

Trending