The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4: Physics on the Move 6PH04 (11th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

So for question 17 (a):

Can anybody tell me what they got for the constant E0? So what is the Permittivity of free space in base units? Since in the formula sheet is says: 8.85 x 10^-12 F m^-1, i said: F = m a = kg x m/s^2, therefore kg x m^-1 x m/s^2 which is kg/s^2.

Would be great if you can tell me if that is correct!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dancatpro
That's what I did, yeah

Excellent, that's what I did too and it seemed to work, ended up with a time of 3.03 seconds if I remember correctly?
Original post by LukeBarnett
That frictional force was equal to the centripetal force? F=mv^2/r?

I did this but got the wrong answer somehow. today was not my day
Excellent, that's what I did too and it seemed to work, ended up with a time of 3.03 seconds if I remember correctly?

You do, I calculated a number of 3.04 seconds....
Original post by bbyturtlexox
I did this but got the wrong answer somehow. today was not my day

Maybe it was simple calculator error like mine for the Voltage question, at least you'll still probably get all of the method marks :smile:
Original post by daniel666545
So for question 17 (a):

Can anybody tell me what they got for the constant E0? So what is the Permittivity of free space in base units? Since in the formula sheet is says: 8.85 x 10^-12 F m^-1, i said: F = m a = kg x m/s^2, therefore kg x m^-1 x m/s^2 which is kg/s^2.

Would be great if you can tell me if that is correct!

Dude, the F in that case is a unit, Farads, you've got it mixed up with the symbol for Force. I worked it out from coulombs law which was given, can't remember what I got though.
Reply 546
How do you get an A* in Edexcel Physics?
Do you need to get A*s in both units 4 & 5, or do you just have to average an A* in both units?
(I'm using you also need at least an A at AS)
think you need 90% average in all A2 units including cwk and 80% overall UMS?
Maybe it was simple calculator error like mine for the Voltage question, at least you'll still probably get all of the method marks :smile:

hopefully, how many marks was the question out of, do you remember?
hopefully, how many marks was the question out of, do you remember?

I think the calculation was 4 marks, so I reckon you'd get 3/4 if you used the right method
Original post by merong
How do you get an A* in Edexcel Physics?
Do you need to get A*s in both units 4 & 5, or do you just have to average an A* in both units?
(I'm using you also need at least an A at AS)

average at least 90% in A2 Units and at least 480 UMS in total over the whole a level
Reply 551
average at least 90% in A2 Units and at least 480 UMS in total over the whole a level

Original post by johntoby
think you need 90% average in all A2 units including cwk and 80% overall UMS?

Ok, thanks
That means I can revive myself in unit 5 right? Since it's the average that's taken
Dude, the F in that case is a unit, Farads, you've got it mixed up with the symbol for Force. I worked it out from coulombs law which was given, can't remember what I got though.

I got A^2 s^4 kg^-1 m^-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by merong
Ok, thanks
That means I can revive myself in unit 5 right? Since it's the average that's taken

yes
Yeah I think so, obviously unless you dropped 30 UMS in PSA4 cause you need 270/300. I screwed up so bad in the cwk and got a B, it's still possible for me to get the A* but so difficult, think I did well today though so I'm relying on PSA5 too
i think i got about 55/80. is that B?

unit 4 - 55/80 :s-smilie:
Unit 5 - __
Unit 6 - 35/40 - A*
(edited 8 years ago)

Oh god, no. i am so stupid. Obvious mistake. bye bye easy 3 marks. now i have 74 out of 80 xD
Original post by Freddy-Francis

Unit 5 - __
Unit 6 - 35/40 - A*

wait what, how do you know your coursework mark?!

our school didnt tell us ours :frown:?!
Reply 558
Original post by Freddy-Francis

Unit 5 - __
Unit 6 - 35/40 - A*

A B or a C. But the actual grade you'll get depends on what you got last year as well as how you do in unit 5!!
Reply 559
Original post by Dancatpro
wait what, how do you know your coursework mark?!

our school didnt tell us ours :frown:?!

It depends on the school/teachers! We didnt find out last year, but they told us this year!
Btw, the Unit 5 thread is linked in the OP :smile:

Quick Reply