The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cotcher
For the describing acceleration from the graph question, the acceleration is ALWAYS increasing, because even though the force was decreasing, it was still a positive force. This meant that the RATE OF INCREASE of acceleration was decreasing, but the acceleration was still increasing

If there's a change in force there must be a change in acceleration, it might not be a negative acceleration. But it certainly decreases. Think it through, Force goes up and mass is constant so acceleration increases. If Force decreased and mass is constant the acceleration must decrease in value (still a positive value though)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ETRC
42 the paper was not that difficult for the later questions but people would make mistakes because OCR cannot word questions properly

ok that's great I need low a or high b for an a overall! I hope =]
http://youtu.be/DVYfKBwggGI

These are the only things that cheer me up after physics exams
Boys read my lips... The exam was so easy literally, if any of you hardscopers don't get over 90% then you are all losers
Original post by SH0405
Has anyone got the paper itself?

I'd really love to obtain the paper, I don;t remember my answers but I remember what I did to solve it. Can you let me know if you manage to obtain the paper.
Original post by Jackasnacks
Bollox
I did a acc-f graph
Goodbye 3 marks
Goodbye A
Goodbye uni

lmao I did exactly this too :'-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is life when you have ocr as an exam board for physics
Original post by ninjasinpjs
what was 80ums last year? I don't have Microsoft edexcel to download the converter ._.

last year it was 39, 42 for 90ums
Original post by baner-2003
Actually wanna dissapear. Bye bye medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow i have an offer for medicine too but physics does not form part of the offer. Me taking 5 A levels, if ihad took 3 A2's physics i defintely would have dropped far too difficult to an A in physics.
Original post by Swinburne
last year it was 39, 42 for 90ums

website says 39 for 72 UMS, where did you get that value from?
Original post by steffanwb
If there's a change in force there must be a change in acceleration, it might not be a negative acceleration. But it certainly decreases. Think it through, Force goes up and mass is constant so force increases. If Force decreased and mass is constant the acceleration must decrease in value (still a positive value though)

yeah the acceleration would have decreased when the force went down but still been positive
is there an unofficial mark scheme up anywhere yet?

He meant 90% but said 90 UMS.
Original post by steffanwb
If there's a change in force there must be a change in acceleration, it might not be a negative acceleration. But it certainly decreases. Think it through, Force goes up and mass is constant so acceleration increases. If Force decreased and mass is constant the acceleration must decrease in value (still a positive value though)

Yup, object is still accelerating but the acceleration decreases, rate of increase of acceleration depends on the positive gradient. Rate of decrease of acceleraetion depends on the negative gradient to sum it up
(edited 8 years ago)
Would I be right in saying that the grade boundaries for an A* for this paper will be 40-42? I think it was harder than last year...
Original post by I Persia I

No... I think he meant 39 for A and 42 marks for 90 ums.
(edited 8 years ago)

my bad, forgot the paper was out of 90ums, 39 was the boundary for an A you're right
Original post by I Persia I

so 3 marks between 80% and 90%?? seems way too close, is that the usual case?
hurry up and do unofficial mark scheme you nerds
Original post by ImLiterally12
I do seem to remember getting 41 moles of helium. I think i either got 86 total or I added 41 to 40 for some reason.

Pretty sure the number of mules of the first tank was givin in the question 45moles I think it was

Latest

Trending

Trending