The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Chemistry B F334 - June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Did anyone else like me put ethanoic acid as the choking gas? I still don't see if it could choke you
Original post by MathsAddict
it was the first tri that on the IR as no 0H group was shown so it was the other molecule without OH

So was it tri or di
Has anyone got the June 2014 mark scheme for F335? Thanks
Original post by LordGaben
My logic was that in the tri all the hydroxyl groups underwent esterification. In di 1 group didnt. no OH led me to believe it was tri

But It did have an OH group?
At wave number: 3600-3640
Original post by diba786
Im pretty sure it was tri.....loads of ppl got tri :/

But there WAS a OH group at 3600-3640?
Original post by Millie0118
But It did have an OH group?
At wave number: 3600-3640

Hmm. Was it a isolated molecule or a polymer?
Original post by LordGaben
Hmm. Was it a isolated molecule or a polymer?

Isolated
Isolated

It was a small peak but it was still there?
It was a small peak but it was still there?

My only issue with that is the range you quoted in the data sheet is supposed to be strong
They asked us to draw part of a structure twice, once on the first page and once on the last page. What link did everyone draw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HItchslapped
Well it's the first year in which the government has lifted the cap on the number of students universities are allowed to enrol on their courses without facing financial penalties.

Which is great but even with that, unis aren't going to let anyone in who didn't get the grades they asked for. It is after all higher education and they need to know that we can cope with it. Unfortunately the only way they can know that is from these stupid exams. 😩😒😠
Original post by Minecraft27
Are you talking about G494?

yeah g484
Original post by chocbrownie
So was it tri or di

tri molecule
Original post by EggsterminateMe
To be honest, the only think biology helped me with is developing my answer in the DNA replication bit. The bonds between the bases - I learnt that through the CGP book for chemistry!

Hey eggy what did you think?
Original post by chemistrykid123
Hey eggy what did you think?

Well I stepped out of the exam hall thinking it was okay.

And then I entered some website call www.thestudentroom.co.uk which basically changed my whole view point.

I'm dead.

How did you find it?
Original post by EggsterminateMe
Well I stepped out of the exam hall thinking it was okay.

And then I entered some website call www.thestudentroom.co.uk which basically changed my whole view point.

I'm dead.

How did you find it?

I actually thought it was okay/decent and yes! I know everyone here is like 'it was ****, lets blow up OCR HQ' but I didn't think it was that bad certainly better than last years one that's for sure!

Are you revising for F335 now?
(edited 8 years ago)
This is a long shot, but for the observations question in the vanadium part (adding sodium hydroxide to the h2so4 and alloy mixture), where you had to write colours, I wrote:
Before: Universal indicator is red as it is a strong acid.
After: Universal indicator turns green as the sodium hydroxide neutralises the acid.

Any marks do you think? Not expecting any myself.
Original post by chemistrykid123
I actually thought it was okay/decent and yes! I know everyone here is like 'it was ****, lets blow up OCR HQ' but I didn't think it was that bad certainly better than last years one that's for sure!

Are you revising for F335 now?

Lol! You're spot on.
And yes just doing exam papers right now. And youtube is currently my bestfriend for revision.
You?
Original post by WaiKon1337
This is a long shot, but for the observations question in the vanadium part (adding sodium hydroxide to the h2so4 and alloy mixture), where you had to write colours, I wrote:
Before: Universal indicator is red as it is a strong acid.
After: Universal indicator turns green as the sodium hydroxide neutralises the acid.

Any marks do you think? Not expecting any myself.

Where even was this question?! Great another question I've missed out :')
Original post by chocbrownie
Where even was this question?! Great another question I've missed out :':wink:

It was the vanadium question near the end. It added excess NaOH and it wanted you to say what would be observed before and after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending