The Student Room Group

(GCSE) OCR B Biology (B4, B5, B6)

This is a thread if you'd like to talk about, or ask for help for the Biology exam on Friday. Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mattiebiniek
This is a thread if you'd like to talk about, or ask for help for the Biology exam on Friday. Good luck!

Hey how did you find B1, B2, B3?
Original post by ChelK321

I didn't think it was too bad. The exam seemed quite full of maths type questions so I found it a lot easier, although I understand that this will have made it harder for a lot of people who were hoping for more biology fact recall type questions.How did you find it?
Original post by ChelK321

I messed it up. I found it really difficult, and skipped quite a few questions.
I messed it up. I found it really difficult, and skipped quite a few questions.

Ah really? A few of my friends found it quite difficult. Can you remember which questions you had issues with?
Original post by wightsnowolf
Ah really? A few of my friends found it quite difficult. Can you remember which questions you had issues with?

Unfortunately not, but it was a general vibe of discomfort.
Reply 6
tips for tomorrow? im not that confident on B5 and B6 , what areas do you think i should focus on most?do you think it will be quite maths based like first paper? did your teachers recommend anything or is there any particular way you revise that you think i helpful
Unfortunately not, but it was a general vibe of discomfort.

Well hopefully there will be low grade boundaries this year, I think that the maths side of the exam made a lot of people uncomfortable. I wonder if this second exam will have so much maths, or whether it will be more factual instead.
Original post by SuzannaJ
tips for tomorrow? im not that confident on B5 and B6 , what areas do you think i should focus on most?do you think it will be quite maths based like first paper? did your teachers recommend anything or is there any particular way you revise that you think i helpful

I always find revision easy as I can remember facts and processes well, but I find it useful to do past papers to see where I need to do more work. Apart from that revision wise I just read the revision guide but try making notes on the key areas and reading them just before the exam, and write them down somewhere as soon as the exam begins.
I have no idea what questions will come up, but I'm hoping for some more maths :smile:
Reply 9
anyone have any predictions for b6? it's the only module i haven't been able to properly revise and i was hoping to do a bit of last minute tonight but i'm not sure which sub-topics i should focus on... any advice? :smile:
Original post by aha1
anyone have any predictions for b6? it's the only module i haven't been able to properly revise and i was hoping to do a bit of last minute tonight but i'm not sure which sub-topics i should focus on... any advice? :smile:

I say try to revise immobilized enzymes/lactase. That might come up.
how did u guys find the exam ?
i think it was so much better than b1,2,3 but still a very dodgy format guessed my way through it. What did people put for the last questions of b6
Original post by big_dreamer
i think it was so much better than b1,2,3 but still a very dodgy format guessed my way through it. What did people put for the last questions of b6

Which ones, my friend?
Which ones, my friend?

if she saw the average number of bacteria on her dish. I put yes as a guess by dividing by 1000000 and getting 3 but that was a guess
if she saw the average number of bacteria on her dish. I put yes as a guess by dividing by 1000000 and getting 3 but that was a guess

Mine was also a guess, but it DID go along those lines :smile:
A lot of the paper was guessing, but I felt more confident than I did with the first three modules. What about you?
Original post by wightsnowolf
Well hopefully there will be low grade boundaries this year, I think that the maths side of the exam made a lot of people uncomfortable. I wonder if this second exam will have so much maths, or whether it will be more factual instead.

So maths makes lots of people uncomfortable? Im good at the maths part xD. Was happy with the first paper. Do hope the grade boundaries are low though.
Mine was also a guess, but it DID go along those lines :smile:
A lot of the paper was guessing, but I felt more confident than I did with the first three modules. What about you?

good! same first modules were nasty. No clue for some questions like that drawing one 😂
i think about the earlier paper was if i was more prepared for the fact that i would have to do maths and tons of graphs then i would be more prepared it kinda threw me off I guess
good! same first modules were nasty. No clue for some questions like that drawing one 😂

Again, a guess. I noticed that the green wavelength took in no light (the middle bit was lower) and the other two gave out more. So I used this logic, and drew high lines for the blue, and green wavelengths, and none for the red. I have no idea if that made sense...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending