The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

What makes you guys think you've missed your offer?
Original post by Elcor

Nothing's certain I guess, but I'm so unprepared for these exams relative to last year. I feel like I'm just winging it. If I'd have started earlier I'd probably be more like 80% sure I could make my offer, now it's like 40% :frown:
Original post by Elcor

I too feel like I'm winging it. Mainly because my offer is A*A*A in any order from further maths, physics and German. I can't really revise a lot for German because it could literally be anything that comes up on the exam. And further maths, m2/d2 are my last exams and I haven't revised them yet :frown: and I thought physics was going well until I got a B on last years paper. Yet on past papers I've being getting nearly full UMS?
Original post by cerlohee
Me for the second part too! It seems there are a lot of offer holders that think they'll miss their offer compared to the statistics of people that actually end up missing their offer though haha

Almost had a breakdown bc I missed the A* by one mark in a physics past paper I did lol

Yeah I've almost given up on physics, I feel like my chances are much better (although still not great) getting two 2 A*s from chemistry and biology.
Me for the second part too! It seems there are a lot of offer holders that think they'll miss their offer compared to the statistics of people that actually end up missing their offer though haha

Almost had a breakdown bc I missed the A* by one mark in a physics past paper I did lol

Original post by Elcor
Dude I miss the A* like half the time

Posted from TSR Mobile

I lose marks in the stupidest things in physics because fundamentally I do not understand it lol

I should not have been predicted an A* cos now I will feel awful if I don't meet it
Original post by andywells
Any comp scis? And anyone else pretty sure they've not met/ are not going to meet their offer?

Yh second one mate. STEP is kinda hard lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I felt like I was on track for meeting my offer until chemistry today :frown: Anyone else do Edexcel? It seemed quite a bit harder than usual papers :3 Now I'm just hoping I manage my biology A* cuz my chem ones not looking so likely...
The good news is I've finished all my maths exams (and they went pretty well)... until natsci maths next year that is (fingers crossed)
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Nothing's certain I guess, but I'm so unprepared for these exams relative to last year. I feel like I'm just winging it. If I'd have started earlier I'd probably be more like 80% sure I could make my offer, now it's like 40% :frown:

I feel exactly the same way. Last year I had Easter and no study leave to revise and yet I felt pretty alright, whereas this year I'm sure I've done more than before and I'm pooing it.
Reply 2308
Original post by bethanyyyy
I felt like I was on track for meeting my offer until chemistry today :frown: Anyone else do Edexcel? It seemed quite a bit harder than usual papers :3 Now I'm just hoping I manage my biology A* cuz my chem ones not looking so likely...
The good news is I've finished all my maths exams (and they went pretty well)... until natsci maths next year that is (fingers crossed)

I did it. It definitely wasnt a standard paper and i think thats why everyone thinks they did bad and it was hard, but I think in reality the questions were just a bit vague and unusual so the mark schemes will be broad so people will have done better than expected - Im hoping for around 110 ums so then Ill only need 100 in unit 5 for the A* :smile: goodluck
Original post by bafid
I did it. It definitely wasnt a standard paper and i think thats why everyone thinks they did bad and it was hard, but I think in reality the questions were just a bit vague and unusual so the mark schemes will be broad so people will have done better than expected - Im hoping for around 110 ums so then Ill only need 100 in unit 5 for the A* :smile: goodluck

Hopefully you're right... I got 100% in the practicals so I can afford to lose a few extra marks anyway :smile:
Original post by bethanyyyy

I did edexcel today. It was def really different to past years. But tbh OCR had it worse than us so can't complain too much haha
I think the boundaries will be quite low for us, you never know :smile:
You people all need to take a few leaves from DC's book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg7nzK_NdfQ&t=0m30s
Original post by bored565
You people all need to take a few leaves from DC's book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg7nzK_NdfQ&t=0m30s

Lool is that his Bullingdon Club outfit
I did edexcel today. It was def really different to past years. But tbh OCR had it worse than us so can't complain too much haha
I think the boundaries will be quite low for us, you never know :smile:

Yeah OCR sounded worse... tbh ours wasn't THAT bad it was mostly just section B that was weird, A and C were pretty normal. And it took me longer than usual so I didn't have time to check the very end part :frown:
A* physics gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
A* physics gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhetorical Hips

Edexcel.
Wasnt even that hard. Messed up the 6 marker .....
Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait for the grade boundaries :smile: even if you got 0/6 in that question you could still easily get an A* in this paper, plus there are the other papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Wait for the grade boundaries :smile: even if you got 0/6 in that question you could still easily get an A* in this paper, plus there are the other papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally need like 115/120 ish. I missed 2 points on 6 marker. 1 point on the coil and magnet and last question. Got 1 calculation error and 1 MC wrong. I think ive lost 15-20 marks. Which isnt good enough because i wont do amazibg in unit 5. Really wanted the A* this year. I only need an A though.
Whats your prediction for A*? I hope its 60. Last year was 62 and i dropped 5 marks in my mock in that paper and this years should he lower as it was harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you need an A* in Physics? Can you still get one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending