The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protoxylic
So you tell me why dividing a number you got given, by another value you got given constitutes 2 marks. Contrast this to the previous question where you were asked to multiply 3 numbers together for 1 mark (flux linkage) then asked the units for another mark (wbturns). All the physicists (as in the teachers) in my school agree with the use of the rms value

Probably one mark for working, two for answer with no working and there was a mark for the unit.
tears.png

that Hitler reacts video killed me
Original post by StarvingAutist
e = -N dphi(t)/dt
therefore Sa,b(e)dt = [Nphi(t)]a,b
No negative because of sin and cos blah blah blah

It should definitely be an integral; time is continuous.

I just realised that the 2nd mark was for the unit, **** me. Why must I get confused over the number of marks rather than thinking through the physics. Oh well, that's the only question I fudged up, rest went good. And you?
Original post by NEWT0N
Nice! Did you halve the electrons in the MC?

Nope. The Q in Q=CV is the charge accumulated (or the magnitude) on one of the plates, not both.
How many marks was the work done question, the electric field question, and the E.M.F question and what were the answers to these?

i actually clicked it -.-
On the multiple choice section, what was the right answer for the number of electrons? I didn't have Scooby Doo so I just guessed it.
I think the boundaries will be:
A*=60
A=55
B=50
C=45
Dont quote me on results day
Original post by kevincarreira
tears.png

that Hitler reacts video killed me

Is there one for this exam? Could you send me the link to it if so. Sorry if it's already on here I couldn't see it
Original post by Protoxylic
I just realised that the 2nd mark was for the unit, **** me. Why must I get confused over the number of marks rather than thinking through the physics. Oh well, that's the only question I fudged up, rest went good. And you?

Well at least you got the unit :tongue:
I think it went well; I might have lost a few marks on MC, 1a and the last question but otherwise I'm pretty confident.
I'm not too sure about unit 5 though. We'll see. Good luck :smile:
Original post by danphil
Is there one for this exam? Could you send me the link to it if so. Sorry if it's already on here I couldn't see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l1XCc4xlws
Original post by NEWT0N
Are any of these accepted?
(Somehow I completely forgot to cross it out properly and ended up scribbling it out -- in pen.)

darn.png

It clearly said at the front put a cross, are teacher said last year one student did what you did and lost 5 marks even though they wew all right. Maybe after a renark by human eye they could go up but i reckon by computer marking maybe not. Im sorry but we got told this on our last lesson just to make sure we didnt loose any silly marks
Original post by NEWT0N
I'm afraid the most one can say is that the grade boundaries MIGHT be lower because the written was harder than last year's (I thought last year's written was really standard with the capacitors 6 marker and all).

But if e.g. you need an A for your offer and you dropped 45 marks there's no reassurance there really, just work harder next time

Oh no no noo I haven't dropped 45 haha just didn't go too welll
Well, what is wrong with my working? Nothing as far as I can see.

Can you post the values provided in the question that you remember? Wanted to check workings, but calculator cleared itself.
Well at least you got the unit :tongue:
I think it went well; I might have lost a few marks on MC, 1a and the last question but otherwise I'm pretty confident.
I'm not too sure about unit 5 though. We'll see. Good luck :smile:

I think I'm on for full marks with MC, with the only exception being the last Q on MC I said it was to increase mechanical stability. MC was fairly standard, 2-3 repeated Qs. Long answer was pretty good (bar the emf 2 marker oops). 1a was weird since you couldn't mention specific phase differences for forced vibrations as it is a range from 0 to pi/2 and pi/2 to pi (not inclusive of pi/2 as that is resonance). So I'm interested to see the mark distribution for that. Unit 5 is alright, I just hate turning points so we will see how that goes. Thanks, you too :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4616
Can anyone remember if the question with the iron rod used a DC or AC current? Was it implied? I can't remember at all.
Original post by JayCS
Can anyone remember if the question with the iron rod used a DC or AC current? Was it implied? I can't remember at all.

DC, it was attached to a battery.
Reply 4618
Original post by salicional
DC, it was attached to a battery.

Thanks
Reply 4619
anyone doing a mark scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending