The Student Room Group

I wear a hijab. AMA

AMA. No hate, i'm just informing and challanging stereotypes and prejudice. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
why do you wear it?
why are u muslim?

what are ur career ambitions?

what do you look for in a guy?

Spoiler

Reply 3
What is your favourite Surah?

Who is your favourite Sahabi?

What do you study?

:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by zippity.doodah
why do you wear it?

Well, i first started to wear the hijab because it was the norm in my family. To be fair i did question why we had to wear it and was reluctant at first as my friends did not wear it. However i started researching and realised the importance and what a significant impact it had on my life and would have in the future.
The main reasons why i wear the hijab is because of modesty - this is because i want to be known and judged for my personality, the way i talk and act - not because of how i look.
This leads on me wanting to save my beauty and modesty for the one i am blessed to marry in future, god willing. It will make him feel special that only he shares me etc.
Another main reason is because i am different! I am an individual and many people recognise and respect that. People dont cat whistle at me, they open doors and see me as a muslim. Wearing a hijab is like an identity, a symbol to say that i am muslim.
But most of all, i wear a hijab because it reminds me that i am a muslim and that i represent muslims around the world and as a result i perform what is expected from me for example i am less likely to get angry or shout etc.

Sorry, may have just blabbed on a bit. I did try and keep it short :smile:. Sorry i replied late :smile: hopefully it helped you understand why i wear a hijab :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by gr8wizard10
why are u muslim?

what are ur career ambitions?

what do you look for in a guy?

Spoiler

I was born into a muslim family so that automaticly gave me a religion to follow; islam. But i started researching more about my religion a few years ago and thats also when i started to question islam and other religions. I found that many of my answers were found through islam and the quran. I have also read the torah and the bible and they believe in similar things with islam but islam gave more answers and made me question it more. Having more questions meant that i would explore more about the religion which made it islam more interesting. Till this day i learn something new.

This one is slightly difficult to answer. I would love to be the prime minister one day. Hopefully, the first female muslim prime minister, god willing just like obama in the US. It is going to be hard getting all the way to the top and i know that there will be lots of issues but small steps. I would like to break the glass window of females and of muslims.

Hmm..in a guy, well i am not very picky as obviously no one is perfect. But i would like someone who also has ambitons and dreams and is a supporter. Someone tall preferably little taller than me, maybe a little beard. They need to be caring, loving, determined etc. But like i said not fussed but mainly that they follow islam and true to themselves. They need not to be afraid of heights aswell because my future plans involve heights quite a bit! Ahah. But i dont mind :wink:

What about you? Are you a muslim? What are your ambitions? And what do you look for in a woman?

PS: can't read the spoiler for some reason...what did it say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many offending comments do you get while wearing it?
Original post by futurePM
I was born into a muslim family so that automaticly gave me a religion to follow; islam. But i started researching more about my religion a few years ago and thats also when i started to question islam and other religions. I found that many of my answers were found through islam and the quran. I have also read the torah and the bible and they believe in similar things with islam but islam gave more answers and made me question it more. Having more questions meant that i would explore more about the religion which made it islam more interesting. Till this day i learn something new.

This one is slightly difficult to answer. I would love to be the prime minister one day. Hopefully, the first female muslim prime minister, god willing just like obama in the US. It is going to be hard getting all the way to the top and i know that there will be lots of issues but small steps. I would like to break the glass window of females and of muslims.

Hmm..in a guy, well i am not very picky as obviously no one is perfect. But i would like someone who also has ambitons and dreams and is a supporter. Someone tall preferably little taller than me, maybe a little beard. They need to be caring, loving, determined etc. But like i said not fussed but mainly that they follow islam and true to themselves. They need not to be afraid of heights aswell because my future plans involve heights quite a bit! Ahah. But i dont mind :wink:

What about you? Are you a muslim? What are your ambitions? And what do you look for in a woman?

PS: can't read the spoiler for some reason...what did it say.

Posted from TSR Mobile

good stuff, you're somewhat liek me, except i don't have plans of being prime minister. how attractive are you?

i'm muslim, an aspiring banker, and value (pre-requisitie if you will is) ambition and general intellect

spoiler said i'm slyly hitting on you.

where do you live? how old are you?
Reply 8
x
Unless you live in a different country to the UK, just saying but we already had our first female PM in the 1980's called Margaret Thatcher :K:
Well, i first started to wear the hijab because it was the norm in my family. To be fair i did question why we had to wear it and was reluctant at first as my friends did not wear it. However i started researching and realised the importance and what a significant impact it had on my life and would have in the future.
The main reasons why i wear the hijab is because of modesty - this is because i want to be known and judged for my personality, the way i talk and act - not because of how i look.

are you absolutely sure people aren't going to "judge you based on the way you look" if you wear a primitive garment in a modern day society?
This leads on me wanting to save my beauty and modesty for the one i am blessed to marry in future, god willing. It will make him feel special that only he shares me etc.
Another main reason is because i am different! I am an individual and many people recognise and respect that. People dont cat whistle at me, they open doors and see me as a muslim. Wearing a hijab is like an identity, a symbol to say that i am muslim.
But most of all, i wear a hijab because it reminds me that i am a muslim and that i represent muslims around the world and as a result i perform what is expected from me for example i am less likely to get angry or shout etc.

Sorry, may have just blabbed on a bit. I did try and keep it short :smile:. Sorry i replied late :smile: hopefully it helped you understand why i wear a hijab :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see the brainwashing process was a success.
How do people treat you? Do you feel you get seen in a less sexual way by men due to it?
Reply 12
Original post by Brubeckian

I see you haven't matured

How was she brainwashed???
She clearly questioned it at some juncture in her life, and she did her own independent research

Unnecessary statement; nor was it a question which was the purpose of the thread.

OP, do you feel as though you're expected to wear a Hijab, or is it worn through free will?
Why do you feel as though covering your hair will make you more modest? Wearing more clothing to cover your body is understandable, but why hair?
Original post by Ruh
Unless you live in a different country to the UK, just saying but we already had our first female PM in the 1980's called Margaret Thatcher :K:

first female muslim priminister =/= first female prime minister

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you think abama is a muslim or do you simply view him as somebody who's leadership style, political stance or career success you which to emulate.

judged on the way I look

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just curious here. Do you not think wearing a piece of cloth that most of the population does not wear will in fact make people judge you more on the way you look?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending