The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Hello guys , for the charged particle to move in circular motion, was it at right angle to electric and magnetic fields which are perpendicular, or just magnetic , this confused me!
Reply 4681
Original post by JAW-97
Maybe, wasn't it initial charge though? The charge would always be changing, so don't see how it could be area under the graph?

Im sure it was total charge thats represented with area inder graph because its the same as Q=It

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Are people in agreement with my unofficial mark scheme (see first post) for the multiple choice? Now just need to fill out the written.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question... 15, I think? Should also have an "Upwards" with it, there were two columns and you had to pick the right row.
for the angle ques i got it wromg however converted radians to degrees; would i get a mark ?
Original post by JizzaStanger
But it could theoretically happen in a shorter time.

Yeah, but I think they meant you to interpret it as taking the same time, hence them saying "instantly" or words to that effect.
Original post by imyimy
DAADABCDCABCDCBCCDBABACBC
no idea how ive done therethis is what i remember
forced vibrations are when theres vibrations that are forced that aren't at its natural freqnency with a phase difference and different amplitude
resonance is when the driving frequency=natural frequency causes oscillations large amplitude pi/2 phase diff.
coloumbs law- proportional to product of magnitudes of charges, inversely proportional to square of separation..
27.8 nC i put 28nc approx=to 30nc
4.5x10 to something J
1.4m
some energy converted to chemical energy or sound energy
not 100% efficient in transferring to potential energy
the iron core in the coil causes changing magnetic flux induces an emf, which causes a current. low resistance so higher current.... etc
0.06 Wb turns
0.12V
130 degrees
i got tension as 15 which is def wrong.
2 revolutions
6 marker
constant speed- however changing direction means changing velocity- acceleration-f=ma f=mv2/r... opposite equal forces, resolve tension horizontally=centripetal force and vertically=mg.. not horizontal due to weight. (idk whether this is right)

Do you remember how many marks for each question please??
21. was A not 0.5 x 0.5 since one side wasnt perpendicular to the magnetic field...
Reply 4687
Original post by Lau14
Question... 15, I think? Should also have an "Upwards" with it, there were two columns and you had to pick the right row.

True!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4688
Reply 4689
Original post by Kennethm
21. was A not 0.5 x 0.5 since one side wasnt perpendicular to the magnetic field...

Sorry could you explain? The couple I believe is largest when there is the greatest distance between sides. 0.5L was the greatest distance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4690
Is there a mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did the induction question say that resistance was increased or decreased?
Original post by CD223
Sorry could you explain? The couple I believe is largest when there is the greatest distance between sides. 0.5L was the greatest distance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh k I'm wrong then lol. I just picked the side with the largest length that was perpendicular to the magnetic field. didn't really consider anything else.

Looks like its 20/25 for me - not too shabby I suppose - guessing that's the average A grade MC mark.
Reply 4693
The resistor question was worded wrongly!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-33094306
Reply 4694
Can someone either link me to an existing post with written answers, or type up their answers to the written ones so we can debate? I'll add it to the mark scheme in the first post after.

I'll also attempt to remember my answers...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think AQA will get rid of the mark for the graph intercept or will they only compensate those who used 300,000 ohms?
Original post by eshaq
Why are you using the 30nC and not the 60nC charge? I know most people got an answer around 4.5 x 1^(k) (dont remember the power) but i got the double of that answer.

I used 60nC/4pie0 (5-2) rather than 30nC/4pie (5-2)

Then times it by the 60nC charge to find work done.

Doesn't matter where you use each charge as you get the same answer 😊
Reply 4697
Original post by 000alex
Do you think AQA will get rid of the mark for the graph intercept or will they only compensate those who used 300,000 ohms?

I think that they'll award the mark tbh
Original post by 000alex

In the past exam boards have just given everyone either full marks or no marks at all as it won't have an effect on the grade boundaries anyway
Reply 4699
Why does f become F/9 for 4R
I put 8 R

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending