The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got a list of shape dimension, area and volume etc that we need to know?
Original post by studentwiz
how would you use part a) to do b

Sec is 1/cos... So if you multiply them both sides by cos whatever it is you then get it in the form cosa x cosb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
I cant do domain and range for the life of me! :frown:

Ive been practising since like april for C3 and still cant do it.. sometimes I do get it right but it just seems impossible for the 1/2 marks available for it .

Me too! I suck at domain and range I really hope there isn;t a tough question on it! It always 50/50 with me
Original post by LookIts_Liam
anyone know if its specifically forbidden to take a mirror into the c3 exam?

I doubt you'll be able to, probably could be used to check out other people's answers, is that for sketching the inverse of a function? 😏
Could we be asked to draw inverse trigonometric function graphs? Has this ever come up before?
Which is the hardest Solomon paper?
Original post by Toriar
Could we be asked to draw inverse trigonometric function graphs? Has this ever come up before?

Yes, I don't think it's ever come up though
Original post by Toriar

The last time sketching a trig graph came up was in like 2007, I don't know if it's in the specification anymore
Original post by bbadonde2
Yes, I don't think it's ever come up though

Ok thank you, better learn those just in case :smile:
Original post by jf1994
Anyone got a list of shape dimension, area and volume etc that we need to know?

Area: You need to know cube and cylinder, they'll give you it for cone and sphere
Volume: You need to know cube and cylinder, they'll give you it for cone and sphere

Because you can never have a negative value for Ln in the given range for x

If x >= -1 then the smallest possible value for the 'Ln' part is ln(1) which is zero
ln(-1 + 2) = ln(1)

Any value of x greater than 1 will result in a positive value for Ln, and so you are subtracting a positive number from 4, therefore 4 is your maximum value for y so 4>= Y

That wasn't the best explanation, but hopefully you get the idea :biggrin:
Reply 1693
Original post by Toriar

If it does come up, all you need to do is reflect your desired function in y=x anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone help me with this question please?

The function g is defined byg : x= ln(2x), x >0

(c) Solve the equation g(x) + g(x2) + g(x3) = 6 giving your answer in its simplest form.

The answer is (e/root2) June 2014(R) paper
Original post by Humbers
Because you can never have a negative value for Ln in the given range for x

If x >= -1 then the smallest possible value for the 'Ln' part is ln(1) which is zero
ln(-1 + 2) = ln(1)

Any value of x greater than 1 will result in a positive value for Ln, and so you are subtracting a positive number from 4, therefore 4 is your maximum value for y so 4>= Y

That wasn't the best explanation, but hopefully you get the idea :biggrin:

Ohh okay I think I understand I will need to practice these type of questions more thanks for helping!
Original post by fm81
If it does come up, all you need to do is reflect your desired function in y=x anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks :biggrin:
Does anyone know how to do this question?

sin(A+B) - sin(A-B) / cos(A-B) - cos(A+B) = cotA
Using the result of part (b) and the exact values of sin 60° and cos 60°,
(c) find an exact value for cot 75° in its simplest form.
(edited 8 years ago)
Can I just check that we don't need to know how to do proofs by contradiction etc? I'm pretty sure we don't but it is in Solomon paper K and just want to be sure
Hey, when finding/proving a root, do you sub the values into a) y=f(x) or b) f'(x)?

Latest

Trending

Trending