The Student Room Group

WJEC FN4 French A2 15/06/2015

What's everyone doing to prepare for the exam? Vocab learning? Grammar? Techniques for translation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone???
Reply 2
Vocab and grammar, and translation practice is all you can do really. I've done all the past translations though so I don't know what else to do :s
Looking over vocab, memorising general essay phrases, thinking about the possible themes for the essay, final bit of grammar revision.
Reply 4
what essays are you guys planning to do? I'm thinking la haine or au revoir les enfants
We've studied La Haine and L'Etranger
Reply 6
Just learning vocab, going through past papers and doing translations :smile:
Reply 7
Anyone got any good notes on La Haine?
Original post by Askaway
what essays are you guys planning to do? I'm thinking la haine or au revoir les enfants

We have to do Au Revoir Les Enfants at our school. I don't mind that though. :smile:
All the past paper questions are so difficult! I can never reword my answers :s-smilie:
How did you guys find the speaking?
Reply 10
Original post by holliewlouise
All the past paper questions are so difficult! I can never reword my answers :s-smilie:
How did you guys find the speaking?

Yeah went alright, my examiner was really nice and asked good questions, would rather have had social integration speaking card but was happy enough with publicity, how about you?
Reply 11
What are the average marks you guys are getting on essays? :/
Has anybody done la silence de la mer?
Hey! :smile:

Anyone doing ''Le Grand Voyage''?
Original post by Wjec.Lang
Hey! :smile:

Anyone doing ''Le Grand Voyage''?

I did Le Grand Voyage for the speaking exam! :biggrin:
Original post by Askaway
Yeah went alright, my examiner was really nice and asked good questions, would rather have had social integration speaking card but was happy enough with publicity, how about you?

Ah good! I think it went ok... I'm never too sure though :K::K:
Original post by Askaway
Anyone got any good notes on La Haine?

What essays are you preparing? like themes/characters? I hope we get nice essay titles
Reply 17
anyone has good tips for translations please? I'm finding them so difficult!:frown:
also any possible/likely questions for la haine?
Original post by cy21
anyone has good tips for translations please? I'm finding them so difficult!:frown:
also any possible/likely questions for la haine?

I don't really have any tips but try the AQA ones for practice too! They really helped me, seen as they're the same level and topics. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by claudiaelli
What essays are you preparing? like themes/characters? I hope we get nice essay titles

Themes I've prepped so far
Anti-police film
women
Family

still need to do racism but can anyone help me on this topic please with essay points?

And with characters, I've prepped Vinz so far, need to do Hubert and Said, any notes or points on that will be much appreciated!!

Predictions for essays?

Quick Reply

Latest