The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gilo98
Last minute advice/predictions?

I never predict ...
I hope the paper is reasonably hard, because my students do generally better on harder papers ...
(and I hope everybody else does bad too, to help my students even more :colone:)
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
When its Rcos(x-alpha)

Do we work out alpha the same as Rcos(x+alpha)

I swear in the morning I thought we flip for minus, but now just done an example lost 6 accuracy marks FFS

pls someone help me out

use this cos(A + B) = cosAcosB - sinAsinB
cos(A - B) = cosAcosB + sinAsinB
Original post by humayra.ac
no because it is less than 360 not equal to, (the line under the less sign)

jazaak sis :smile:, i missed that sadly.....
Original post by frozo123
yes I can
what do you mean flip? reflection in the asymptote?

apologies if it's unclear
cotx.jpg
how the **** do i reflect in the line y=x this is the hardest thing in c3 for me atm lol
So excited for c3. I'm ready to mash up de boompa
Anyone else use a graphical calc to check answers? Gives such peace of mind!
Original post by TeeEm
I never predict ...
I hope the paper is reasonably hard, because my students do generally better on harder papers ...
(and I hope everybody else does bad too, to help my students even more :colone:)

thought you'd say that :wink: Me too, praying for a bastard of a paper. June 2013 wasn't really that hard for me and 100ums was so low...
Original post by BBeyond
how the **** do i reflect in the line y=x this is the hardest thing in c3 for me atm lol

omfg i feel your pain. no joke the most difficult thing in c3 for me - can never 'visualise' what it would look like
When would you use flip dy/dx into 1/(dx/dy) I can't seem to see when its wanted in past questions
Original post by BBeyond

I might sneak in a mirror
Reply 1830
guys just wondering (and panicking!) how much integration do we need to know for this (C3) because Exam solutions doesn't have a section on integration... :s-smilie:
Original post by Gilo98
thought you'd say that :wink: Me too, praying for a bastard of a paper. June 2013 wasn't really that hard for me and 100ums was so low...

omfg i feel your pain. no joke the most difficult thing in c3 for me - can never 'visualise' what it would look like

****ing tell me about it, i'm lit hopeless at it there must be some easy way of doing it i can't visualise ****, especially when im trying to do the arcsin/tan/cos graphs i havent got a clue
Which paper do you guys find the hardest?
Can anyone explain how bii and c are done? Mark scheme isnt helping muchIMG_20150611_211400.jpg
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
When would you use flip dy/dx into 1/(dx/dy) I can't seem to see when its wanted in past questions

If you have dx/dy you do 1/dx/dy to get dy/dx
Original post by BBeyond

Hard isnt it...same for me.

We should be allowed mirrors :colone:

But one way to do it is reflect all the crossing points , like (0,-3) into (-3,0)
Original post by Viggi
guys just wondering (and panicking!) how much integration do we need to know for this (C3) because Exam solutions doesn't have a section on integration... :s-smilie:

NONE! there is no integration in C3
Original post by Viggi

integration is in c4
Original post by Viggi

None. :colonhash:

There's no integration on the C3 spec...
Reply 1839
Original post by Maham88
integration is in c4

yay thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending