The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JizzaStanger
The question right before the one that asked you to sketch the graph.

I gathered that much, but what was it asking me to do?
Original post by Doomlar
I gathered that much, but what was it asking me to do?

How you would use the graph to determine the initial charge stored in the capacitor
Original post by JizzaStanger
How you would use the graph to determine the initial charge stored in the capacitor

I may have completely skipped this question pahahaha
Would you think 53 would still be an A (from prevous year) seems a bit too low but yeah ?
Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be, since section B this year was tougher than last year even tho section A was easier - I'm hoping the A boundary is low too - need that UMS
How did your guys get 131 for the angle?
Original post by ShutUpLegs
I got 72UMS on this paper last year and I needed to improve on that by 15UMS this year to get an A overall and to get into my first choice. Looking at previous years I could drop at least 25 marks and still get the 89UMS. I dropped two or three marks on Section A and I doubt I dropped more than twenty on Section B. Hopefully I got at least 60 raw marks today.

On top of that I resat PHY6 and got at least 15UMS more by previous years' conversions. Quietly hoping for an A* but I'm happy enough knowing I've got my offer!

Thats excellent, well done !!!
What's answer to that damping question? Which box did you tick?
Original post by Zeus579
How did your guys get 131 for the angle?

Well, we know omega w=2pif and its units are rad s^-1. If we multiply this by the time you are left with just rad. Then multiply this by pi/180. Basically I just read once upon a time that angular displacement was 2pift.
Not sure whether people have seen this or not- but personally i'm raging! I genuinely just doubted myself when i thought the resistance being 2000 times greater wasn't right, i ended up wasting time and leaving this question as i was so confused! No happy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-33094306
I did m(2pi/t)^2r=mg tan theta....
And I got 86, which is wrong...
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Well, we know omega w=2pif and its units are rad s^-1. If we multiply this by the time you are left with just rad. Then multiply this by pi/180. Basically I just read once upon a time that angular displacement was 2pift.
for 2 reasons why object wont reach max height of 1.4m, did you have to state and explain or just state?
I put:
Air resistance and also
Capacitor not fully charged to 9V
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod

But they didn't give to w or f, did they?
Reply 4793
what was question 7 on multiple choice that gave 2.33 seconds? and question 6 if anyone remembers the values we had to use?
For two reasons I wrote:
Heat loss due to resistance of the wire
Work done against air resistance due to motion of the mass.
I think I just got a B, made so many silly mistakes.
Original post by Zeus579
But they didn't give to w or f, did they?

But they gave us T
Original post by Zeus579
I think I just got a B, made so many silly mistakes.

High 5 lol hopefully ISA will pull it up
did it ask to state and explain or just state 2 reasons for not achieving max height of 1.4m?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending