The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE higher Unit 1 Post Test Discussion (Re-Post)

AQA GCSE higher Unit 1 Post Test Discussion
How do you think it went?

Last years Grade Boundary for Unit 1:

47/54 = A*

41/54 = A

30/54 = B

20/54 = C

Wont change much for this year I expect.

I remember these questions:
(In random order)

Pie chart was talking about how many said Yes (basically 20% = the total of the pie chart) Which meant 1/5 of the total amount of people surveyed.

Probability one with the cards adding up to ten. There were 4 possible outcomes.

The stratified sample was IMO the trickiest question because you needed to find the sixth form amount. What did everyone get there?

The percentage question revolving around the votes made. Was a simple reverse percentage.

Histogram Was basically frequency density going up in 2's (i.e 0-2-4-6....)

The box plots were simple but to find the consistent time I Used the range as my prime example.

The data collection was just sourcing primary data via survey and then counting the totals to conclude which gender will study more economics.

Discuss and input!
Reply 1
1/x+2 - 1/x-1 = 2 =>>> 6marks question, I may be wrong with + and -sings though...

3.22x10^7 population of female in 2011. This was a 51% of whole population. The question was about group of boys between 0-14 years old if the boys equals a pie chart of 66deg out of 360deg of circle.
Reply 2
Boundaries too low think. They look ok for non calculator one, but not for 105 marks paper.
Reply 3
Original post by ragged13
Boundaries too low think. They look ok for non calculator one, but not for 105 marks paper.

That is probably because you didn't read the title. It is AQA.
Reply 4
Original post by redsoules
That is probably because you didn't read the title. It is AQA.

You're damn right. Mistakenly I've replied to Unit 1, not 2.

Apologies.

Quick Reply

Latest