The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paradoxicalme
Does it involve e^x? Then e^x can never equal 0

To be fair, we never got taught the term limiting friction, it was always limiting equilibrium, although it should have been pretty clear :tongue:

the graph is (x-1)^2+3 once you've done the composite function thing
Original post by nbofni
I think the more crazy thing about that paper, was 50/75 for an A....

I didn't see the problem with it, it was actually quite a nice paper, I thought.
Reply 1902
Original post by Rimzzzzz
have you even revised for this exam?!
no integration at all!

learning on my own all year - just last minute nerves I guess!
C3 June 2013 was a gift from the gods.
Anyone got any recommendation on hard papers that they have done? I've done papers from june 2010 till june 2014, but that was like 3 weeks ago... I've had other exams so I haven't done that much C3, I did june 2012 and jan 2012 2 days ago and got an A.. today I've done the june 2013 paper (again) and the june 2013 R paper... (I had economics unit 3 exam today so I havent had that much practice.. not as much as I would like anyway)...

which hard paper do you guys recommend that I do next? I'm probably going to just do one more paper before I sleep...
but then again.. I don't want to compromise my sleep... Ive had a long day today and C3 is in the morning... **** I hate having exams in consecutive days...

May just end up looking at the paper quickly.. anyway.. any suggestions?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I didn't see the problem with it, it was actually quite a nice paper, I thought.

Fair enough. I personally thought it was disgusting xD
I marked and was like 60/75, "meh high B low A :frown:" and found out I got an A*, since 57 was the A*!
Original post by Viggi
learning on my own all year - just last minute nerves I guess!

Implicit integration and integration by reduction formulae has come up on the odd paper in the past, but hasn't come in the past few years. So it is HIGHLY likely to come this year.
Reply 1907
Original post by MrBowcat
Implicit integration and integration by reduction formulae has come up on the odd paper in the past, but hasn't come in the past few years. So it is HIGHLY likely to come this year.

thanks! good to know!!
Original post by Nashaa
Anyone think the paper tomorrow will be as disgusting as last year's paper? It was literally the worst paper I think I've done.

I sat last years paper and actually thought it was okay. There were a few difficult questions, but that is expected. I just made too many mistakes and flopped. Whatever the paper is like, believe in yourself and your ability :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by Bustamove
Anyone got any recommendation on hard papers that they have done? I've done papers from june 2010 till june 2014, but that was like 3 weeks ago... I've had other exams so I haven't done that much C3, I did june 2012 and jan 2012 2 days ago and got an A.. today I've done the june 2013 paper (again) and the june 2013 R paper... (I had economics unit 3 exam today so I havent had that much practice.. not as much as I would like anyway)...

which hard paper do you guys recommend that I do next? I'm probably going to just do one more paper before I sleep...
but then again.. I don't want to compromise my sleep... Ive had a long day today and C3 is in the morning... **** I hate having exams in consecutive days...

I suggest doing the withdrawn paper from 2014. It's reaalllly nasty :frown:

Here's a link to the paper and mark scheme if you wanna check it out :smile:)

Paper:
https://07a69ccf283966549a9350d1a66951a7bc96e2dc.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYZ0JQM1NRcmdHdXM/June%202013%20(Withdrawn)%20QP%20-%20C3%20Edexcel.pdf

Mark scheme:
https://07a69ccf283966549a9350d1a66951a7bc96e2dc.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYZ0JQM1NRcmdHdXM/June%202013%20(Withdrawn)%20MS%20-%20C3%20Edexcel.pdf
Original post by Gilo98
thought you'd say that :wink: Me too, praying for a bastard of a paper. June 2013 wasn't really that hard for me and 100ums was so low...

omfg i feel your pain. no joke the most difficult thing in c3 for me - can never 'visualise' what it would look like

use the screen in the calculator as the mirror, i always do that, it's not cheating yayyy
Almost full marks for full UMS.....

Withdrawn paper? O.o
thank you :smile:
isn't that the same as replacement?
are you sure it's june 2014? says 2013... i didn't even know withdrawn papers were even a thing.. O.o... thanks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nbofni
Fair enough. I personally thought it was disgusting xD
I marked and was like 60/75, "meh high B low A :frown:" and found out I got an A*, since 57 was the A*!

The benefit of having low grade boundaries :tongue:
I would like a tougher than standard paper so boundaries are a bit lower, maybe 73 for the 100.
Original post by BioAgent
how does theta = arcsinx turn to x=sin theta?

it's like sin(90)=1, arcsin(1)=90
Withdrawn paper? O.o
thank you :smile:
isn't that the same as replacement?

I think the replacment papers were made in case the real paper was released to the public.
Honestly, I don't know why this one was 'withdrawn'. Nevertheless, I think they last years maths students would not of been happy to have had to sit this exam,,...

How was that paper bad? That's the paper I've had the highest on so far (70/75) and I thought it was the easiest so far.
Reply 1917
Original post by suyoof123
Please dont tell me we have to learn those weird arc cos,sin, tan graphs....

You know the sin^-1 button on a scientific calculator, arcsin is just another way of writing that, it is the exact same thing

Look at the 'gold papers' you can find them on the website mathsandphysicstutor

Latest

Trending

Trending