The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightningdoritos
I don't understand what you mean here?

From memory the question said something about the line being a tangent to the other at a point. This means they touch and don't cross. This means the equation that you solve to find the coordinates of intersection of the two functions only has one solution.
Original post by nbofni
I think the replacment papers were made in case the real paper was released to the public.
Honestly, I don't know why this one was 'withdrawn'. Nevertheless, I think they last years maths students would not of been happy to have had to sit this exam,,...

Im just having a flick through this paper... damn... this paper looks nasty...
Reply 1923
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
All of a sudden day before the exam , i feel really unprepared?

Might be that I had a chem exam from hell yday that made the news

But yh I dont know might be nerves and , tomorrow morning ill perform but i dont like this feeling :frown:

The chemistry exam seriously threw me off.. lost all my confidence after that exam :frown:
Original post by Bustamove
Anyone got any recommendation on hard papers that they have done? I've done papers from june 2010 till june 2014, but that was like 3 weeks ago... I've had other exams so I haven't done that much C3, I did june 2012 and jan 2012 2 days ago and got an A.. today I've done the june 2013 paper (again) and the june 2013 R paper... (I had economics unit 3 exam today so I havent had that much practice.. not as much as I would like anyway)...

which hard paper do you guys recommend that I do next? I'm probably going to just do one more paper before I sleep...
but then again.. I don't want to compromise my sleep... Ive had a long day today and C3 is in the morning... **** I hate having exams in consecutive days...

May just end up looking at the paper quickly.. anyway.. any suggestions?

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c3-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/ Gold papers involve all the hardest questions that have come up (apparently). Gold 4 is damn tough.
hey guys, looking through some past papers (done 6 today now :biggrin:)
i've noticed the only formula that might be somwhat tricky and not on the formula sheet is that
tan^2(x) = sec^2(x) - 1
so watch out for this one as it came up on to two or three! any other formulae people can think of that aren't on the sheet, and good luck everyone tomorrow!
image.jpg
Original post by avninsa
Can anyone explain how bii and c are done? Mark scheme isnt helping muchIMG_20150611_211400.jpg

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Medicjug
What paper is this from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea. I was just helping the guy with the question.
Reply 1928
Original post by moment of truth
I sat last years paper and actually thought it was okay. There were a few difficult questions, but that is expected. I just made too many mistakes and flopped. Whatever the paper is like, believe in yourself and your ability :smile:

Good luck!

Ah thank you, It's so scary :frown:
Original post by toddmcnugget
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/a-level-maths-papers/c3-edexcel-bronze-silver-gold/ Gold papers involve all the hardest questions that have come up (apparently). Gold 4 is damn tough.

okay thanks :smile:
Do we need to know cos(-x) = cos(x) and sin(-x) = -sin(x)?

you differentiate it to find dy/dx , and put dy/dx=1/2
differentiation of sin is cos
Original post by JizzaStanger
From memory the question said something about the line being a tangent to the other at a point. This means they touch and don't cross. This means the equation that you solve to find the coordinates of intersection of the two functions only has one solution.

Just had another go at it, not sure what you would do after putting the discriminant to <0 because surely you would have to square root a negative value?
Original post by mb_12
You know the sin^-1 button on a scientific calculator, arcsin is just another way of writing that, it is the exact same thing

Thanks!

didnt know that but we still have to learn those weird graphs.

Holy smack, its just reflected on the y=x axis then :colone:

TYVM!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by suyoof123
Thanks, I'll be sure to learn them in case.

2014 Q7, how would you apply those two rules.

Sorry my mistake, but 2013 Q3 is definately one (you can even check the mark scheme). Was planning going through other papers to find them and update post.
Can anyone help with transformations and things with ln graphs and the asymptotes things. I cannot draw anything! I never got more than a 2b in art :colondollar:
Original post by jf1994
Do we need to know cos(-x) = cos(x) and sin(-x) = -sin(x)?

Probably not, but better to be safe than sorry
Guys what are the tips tricks and **** like that for tomorrow im ****tng myself
Original post by lightningdoritos
Just had another go at it, not sure what you would do after putting the discriminant to <0 because surely you would have to square root a negative value?

I haven't done this question but I'm fairly certain you don't have to use the discriminant. Could be wrong though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending