The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Whats wrong? xxx

feel so depressed and unstable it's painful. wake up with unbearable pain through me and inability to function or get out of bed and then on top of it im cycling between laughing and sobbing multiple times an hour. also got a load of **** going on with 'support' and everything is just going completely wrong
Original post by ScaryScience
feel so depressed and unstable it's painful. wake up with unbearable pain through me and inability to function or get out of bed and then on top of it im cycling between laughing and sobbing multiple times an hour. also got a load of **** going on with 'support' and everything is just going completely wrong

:hugs:
Latest frustration: got tickets for two different tv shows and none of my friends are free to come with me :frown:
Original post by Tree321
Heeey, don't worry maybe the paper was hard, or you could re-sit if thats an option? Chin up hun, its not the end of the the world <3

I'm just not smart enough for the course I'm doing :sadnod:

Original post by Pathway

---

I was feeling a bit better about my results but then flatmate asking how I did and being like 'that's still good' has made me feel crap again.

And then because she'd bought so much food the other day I couldn't fit any of mine in the freezer and it got all squished. and she's exercising in the living room again so I can't eat and the music is loud and none of this is her fault but it's it's just too much and my head can't handle it
(edited 8 years ago)
Saw my psychologist and had a major fail at describing what's going on.

Saber: my thoughts keep disappearing
Psychologist: you're forgetting?
Saber: no, they disappear
Psychologist: You mean like...forgetting?
Saber: :banghead:

We had a nice chat about the voices. With them telling me not to trust her and then escalating to telling me to do something that definitely wouldn't have been a good idea. :s-smilie: New meds don't seem to do anything. :frown:
Had a truly awful day, feel really used by a friend of mine who put me in a really dangerous position and thought nothing of it. I shouldn't let it get to me but it really has :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
Fair enough, yeah they can be expensive. I think, like you mentioned, libraries can be good - maybe get up early to go to one and hopefully do enough work that taking the evening off won't matter so much? I dunno, sorry this probably isn't helpful, I tend to procrastinate hugely myself! :tongue: Good luck with your work though, I hope you find a solution. :smile:

Today, was comparibly successfull. It could be better, but as long as I was at university, I actually did something. But not after dinner. (At least better than before...) ..........though now beginning to worry again, cause of project. (The only good thing about my project is, that it does not take me as much down, as usual, which is an achievement.)
Original post by Odd socks
I'm just not smart enough for the course I'm doing :sadnod:

---

I was feeling a bit better about my results but then flatmate asking how I did and being like 'that's still good' has made me feel crap again.

And then because she'd bought so much food the other day I couldn't fit any of mine in the freezer and it got all squished. and she's exercising in the living room again so I can't eat and the music is loud and none of this is her fault but it's it's just too much and my head can't handle it

But it is her fault, in my opinion she's being inconsiderate, like she needs to share the fridges, and not have her music to loud and she wants to do exercise she should go to the gym or her room. The living room and kitchen are shared facilities, speak to her about it!
Original post by Nathanielle
Today, was comparibly successfull. It could be better, but as long as I was at university, I actually did something. But not after dinner. (At least better than before...) ..........though now beginning to worry again, cause of project. (The only good thing about my project is, that it does not take me as much down, as usual, which is an achievement.)

Good to hear that you managed to get some done! :five:

I would try not to worry too much about not doing anything after dinner. With stuff like this you should start small and build it up. You don't want to burnout from pushing yourself too hard. See today as a success!
Original post by ScaryScience

Try and get the best support you can that is right for you, say if what your currently getting isn't right for you! And surround your self with things that make you happy x
Original post by Sabertooth
Saw my psychologist and had a major fail at describing what's going on.

Saber: my thoughts keep disappearing
Psychologist: you're forgetting?
Saber: no, they disappear
Psychologist: You mean like...forgetting?
Saber: :banghead:

We had a nice chat about the voices. With them telling me not to trust her and then escalating to telling me to do something that definitely wouldn't have been a good idea. :s-smilie: New meds don't seem to do anything. :frown:

Maybe next time write down things you want to discuss and how you want them to be discussed. You need to try and ignore them to the best you can and keep trying if nothing changes with the Meds go back x
Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Had a truly awful day, feel really used by a friend of mine who put me in a really dangerous position and thought nothing of it. I shouldn't let it get to me but it really has :frown:

Maybe they didn't know the effect of what they are doing? And don't let it happen next time, say something to them xx
Original post by jelly1000
Latest frustration: got tickets for two different tv shows and none of my friends are free to come with me :frown:

That's a shame Hun, try a family memember if possible? x
Original post by Tree321
That's a shame Hun, try a family memember if possible? x

Sadly not an option- I'm either not close enough to them or they wouldn't be interested
Original post by Tree321
But it is her fault, in my opinion she's being inconsiderate, like she needs to share the fridges, and not have her music to loud and she wants to do exercise she should go to the gym or her room. The living room and kitchen are shared facilities, speak to her about it!

I think she might need her hearing checked, she always has music or TV really really loud, and I can always hear her music really clearly when she has her earphones in. I get really stressed out by loud noises, it's too much and it makes my head all messy.

But it's as much her living room as it is mine, I feel bad for moaning about it when it's just an hour, its just she does it at dinner time and it's a small room so I feel like in getting in the way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sadly not an option- I'm either not close enough to them or they wouldn't be interested

Hmm, try and ask your friends again? Or are you ok going alone? X
Original post by Odd socks
I think she might need her hearing checked, she always has music or TV really really loud, and I can always hear her music really clearly when she has her earphones in. I get really stressed out by loud noises, it's too much and it makes my head all messy.

But it's as much her living room as it is mine, I feel bad for moaning about it when it's just an hour, its just she does it at dinner time and it's a small room so I feel like in getting in the way

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really need to talk to her and explain what she's doing isn't right! Have you spoken to her in the past? I'm sure she'll understand why your asking her to accommodate you as well x
Original post by Tree321
Hmm, try and ask your friends again? Or are you ok going alone? X

Can't ask friends again, they are genuniallly busy so I'm going to go on my own, its just not as fun as going with a friend.
Can't ask friends again, they are genuniallly busy so I'm going to go on my own, its just not as fun as going with a friend.

I know but there is nothing you or they can do, so try and enjoy yourself :*
Hey can someone tell me if what I'm saying is ok, i genuinely just want to help and support people, so if what I'm saying could trigger someone or make them feel worse, please let me know. Sorry if it does, I really didn't mean to, just trying to help, and if it's not helping, I shall stop. Thank you xxx

Latest