The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maham88
a^n X a^m =a^m+n
(a^n)^m= a^mn

Original post by somevirtualguy
Easy mistake, the powers are separated by brackets so they're multiplied rather than being added.

Original post by SeanFM
(a)^2 * (a)^3 = a^5. (you add here)

(a^2)^3 = a^6 (you multilpy a^2 by a^2 by a^2 giving a^6), so here you multiply.

ohh yeahh I forgot :s-smilie: I think I need sleep been doing too much c3 I'm starting to make silly mistakes noww lol thanks!
Im going to do every question I can

then come back to the ones I cant do

edexcel examiners are told to mark every response for a Q and award the highest mark solution ignoring others

so im going to go berserk, and answer some Qs three times, ill request my paper back if i do crap and emphasise that point lol

safe to say im not ready for this exam , well 2 months ago I could get an A in gold 4 but now dont know whats happened to me
Need help with part a
ThanksImageUploadedByStudent Room1434059846.472346.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1asdfghjkl1
Capture.JPG

it is???

Original post by NikolaT
Holy ****. Well I'm ****ed if either of those proofs come up.

you guys are misunderstanding the meaning of the WORD PROOF!!

Have you never seen the iteration questions at the end it says prove that the answer of alpha is correct!

dont overthink too much okay:

google defintion: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=what%20is%20proof%20by%20contradiction

THE SPEC SAYS Methods of proof, including proof by contradiction and disproof bycounter-example, are required. At least one question on the paperwill require the use of proof.

HAS IT EVER COME ASKED AS "USE PROOF BY CONTRADICTION"

NOT AT ALL! THE PROOF BY CONTRADICTION IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU GUYS THINK SO RELAX :smile:

SOURCE: CONFIRMED BY MY TEACHER :smile:
Original post by Moniii16081997
Need help with part a
ThanksImageUploadedByStudent Room1434059846.472346.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plug both in and see what you get.
Original post by SeanFM
Plug both in and see what you get.

I don't get a negative number and a positive number.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicjug
For the last part I keep getting two solutions when they only want one :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that is odd. I'm surprised they don't say 'answers' rather than answer. There are definitely two solutions so maybe they just want the positive solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

put your calculator in radian mode
Will the model answers be posted on this thread or on a separate thread?

Good luck to everyone sitting the exam tomorrow. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Radians mode on your calculator needed, I suspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do, something like -0.02 and 0.47. Make sure you use radians and you know arcisn is inverse sin right? sin^-1()?
I'll post my answers. But arsey will post official ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThePrestigeUK
Im going to do every question I can

then come back to the ones I cant do

edexcel examiners are told to mark every response for a Q and award the highest mark solution ignoring others

so im going to go berserk, and answer some Qs three times, ill request my paper back if i do crap and emphasise that point lol

safe to say im not ready for this exam , well 2 months ago I could get an A in gold 4 but now dont know whats happened to me

Really?

So they give us method marks even if we go all over the place on a question we dont know. :colone:
Original post by suyoof123
Really?

So they give us method marks even if we go all over the place on a question we dont know. :colone:

Arsey said yes they do, but there is no point writing 3/4 solutions because youd only get through 20% of the paper

However ill only resort to this if i have no idea what so ever obv first priority is to answer it to the best of my ability

its just exponential I struggle on tbh and a bit on mod functions but meh hope they dont come up as june 14 was packed with them
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Will the model answers be posted on this thread or on a separate thread?

Good luck to everyone sitting the exam tomorrow. :smile:

Seperate thread :smile:

Good luck to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When drawing the transformation of a function... what is the order it should be done?

Say -f(2x-5)+3

What order should I do the translation in? Thanks.

Also, I haven't time to look through the past few pages atm and I've seen mentions of a 'proof' - what proof do we need to learn for C3?
June 2013 question 5c had me baffled - I thought i was going crazy for a bit. Very unusual for an edexcel question
Arsey said yes they do, but there is no point writing 3/4 solutions because youd only get through 20% of the paper

However ill only resort to this if i have no idea what so ever obv first priority is to answer it to the best of my ability

its just exponential I struggle on tbh and a bit on mod functions but meh hope they dont come up as june 14 was packed with them

Thanks, will remember that but I'm hoping I dont have to resort to those tactics.:colone:
Original post by Leking9
June 2013 question 5c had me baffled - I thought i was going crazy for a bit. Very unusual for an edexcel question

and question 7)b)d) :s-smilie:

Some dudes also want a paper like june 13.

That paper is bluuudy abusive...the first question even is not part of what normally comes up and is long division !

Latest

Trending

Trending