The Student Room Group

Women wearing mens clothes

Just wondered how many females on here wear men's clothes?

I don't just mean borrowing a man's hoody etc but I mean wearing in general and buying them for yourself.

I've never been a girly girl , I used to be a big tomboy when I was younger and mainly wore boys clothes or girls ones that were "tomboyish" if you get what I mean.

Although I am a bit more girly now , I don't like a lot of women's clothes and prefer to wear hoodies , t-shirts , polos , jeans and trackies. I try to be womanly , a lot of my clothes are women's but I do have some men's clothes e.g t-shirts as I prefer the style as women's t-shirts tend to have capped or short sleeves which I don't mind sometimes but don't want all my t-shirts like that.

I just find men's clothes more practical and comfy.

Also , I've recently started wearing men's boxers as they are comfy , have a better fit and material is better. Do any other women wear men's undies?

What are people's opinions on this ? if you see females in men's clothes do you think anything of it? To be honest , some male and females clothes aren't much different , just the fitting and I don't like how some things are "meant" for a specific gender.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ufo_01
Just wondered how many females on here wear men's clothes?

I don't just mean borrowing a man's hoody etc but I mean wearing in general and buying them for yourself.

I've never been a girly girl , I used to be a big tomboy when I was younger and mainly wore boys clothes or girls ones that were "tomboyish" if you get what I mean.

Although I am a bit more girly now , I don't like a lot of women's clothes and prefer to wear hoodies , t-shirts , polos , jeans and trackies. I try to be womanly , a lot of my clothes are women's but I do have some men's clothes e.g t-shirts as I prefer the style as women's t-shirts tend to have capped or short sleeves which I don't mind sometimes but don't want all my t-shirts like that.

I just find men's clothes more practical and comfy.

Also , I've recently started wearing men's boxers as they are comfy , have a better fit and material is better. Do any other women wear men's undies?

What are people's opinions on this ? if you see females in men's clothes do you think anything of it? To be honest , some male and females clothes aren't much different , just the fitting and I don't like how some things are "meant" for a specific gender.

I don't let my girls wear men's clothes!

But you should wear what you're comfortable in if you don't have a strong partner such as myself. :smile:
I have a few extra clothes i'd be willing to see you try on :sexface:
Reply 3
Original post by futbol

But you should wear what you're comfortable in if you don't have a strong partner such as myself. :smile:

What if your girls wanted male clothes?
Reply 4
Original post by ufo_01
What if your girls wanted male clothes?

They would not get to wake up next to me in the morning.
I don't wear men's clothes but the shirts/hoodies/cardigans in the men's section are usually better :smile:
Reply 6
I have men's clothes - hoodies, jumpers, cardigans, tshirts, coats and I love them.
My day to day wear isn't particularly girly, its just practical and practical for me also means comfortable - something that often is lacking in the girls clothes department!

Now granted my clothes aren't excessively manly or boyish but they aren't feminine either!
Reply 7
Original post by I*HM
I have men's clothes - hoodies, jumpers, cardigans, tshirts, coats and I love them.
My day to day wear isn't particularly girly, its just practical and practical for me also means comfortable - something that often is lacking in the girls clothes department!

Now granted my clothes aren't excessively manly or boyish but they aren't feminine either!

Sounds exactly like me :smile:
I think it's fine to wear anything so long as it fits you well. :tongue:

For example, I have no curves and I like to have proper pockets so I have no choice but to wear mens trousers/jeans/chinos. Both of the two pairs of womens smart trousers I've had to rework in order to narrow the hips down. Otherwise made my bum look enormous and shapeless - could have saved some time just buying mens! :biggrin:

I also have fairly big feet so have to get mens socks too...

I consider myself fairly gender/age fluid so some days I can look and feel like a scruffy 10 year old and others a glamourous sophisticated young lady!

Only thing that is bugging about dressing boyishly though, is people ASSUMING I'm a lesbian when I'm very definitely straight.

(I have nothing against lesbians though, just don't like being mistaken for one!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I could wear girl's clothes except certain stuff like dresses :teehee:
Reply 10
Original post by ForgetMe
I wish I could wear girl's clothes except certain stuff like dresses :teehee:

Such as?
Don't see any issue in it. Also I've seen a few places starting to do unisex clothes more too. Clothes are just clothes, wear what you're comfortable in :smile:
Original post by ufo_01
Such as?

Like jumpers/cardigans, some of them look much better than most of male clothing.
I have lots of male clothes that I wear regularly, especially band tees as a lot of bands I listen to don't have women's tees or the design for the girl tops aren't as nice as the males. I wear guy checkered shirts a lot. My papa gave me a lot of his old shirts and I wear them with skinny jeans. Most of the hoodies I own are men's ones too. I usually just get them from Primark. I find them more comfy, especially because of the extra room. I do have more female clothes than male clothes but I do actively go out and buy male clothes for myself. The last male item of clothing I got a was a Star Trek top from Tesco. They didn't have any in the girl section so I just bought an XS small from the male section and it fits perfectly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a lot of men's clothes. For running - the shorts seem to be a lot more comfortable. (they seem to be longer in general too) Don't own things like men's coats; but do own a lot of mens t-shirts.
Original post by futbol

your username is dangerously close to the word '****boy'
Lol do on thing, change your gender ! Right now ! Lol men undies ? Ahhahahaha and I like women who wears suit and tie , ahm, gives me chills """xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
it would be funny to have a guy over and wear boxers with socks inside lol
Reply 18
Original post by ForgetMe
Like jumpers/cardigans, some of them look much better than most of male clothing.

oh ok. I normally think the opposite lol
Reply 19
Original post by hassyrocks
Lol do on thing, change your gender ! Right now ! Lol men undies ? Ahhahahaha and I like women who wears suit and tie , ahm, gives me chills """xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with it? No one is even gonna see anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest