The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentwiz
thank you, there was 4 answers for that question btw

ye i posted them all in the first post
Original post by Freddy-Francis
then u did something wrong :biggrin:

I hope edexcel wont do that

Ok great thanx!- good luck everyone. Is the quotient rule udv+ vdu we don't use the official terms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2142
Best of luck to everyone!! :h:
Who else is jumping on this thread straight away after the exam? :3
Original post by sorarosa1998
Ok great thanx!- good luck everyone. Is the quotient rule udv+ vdu we don't use the official terms

Posted from TSR Mobile

ye
Good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sorarosa1998
Like when I compare coefficients one answer is minus? Then it will be tan -x/y
Usually it's plus never came across a minus but askin jic

Posted from TSR Mobile

i dont think you use the negative sign
Original post by hajs
Best of luck to everyone!! :h:

Good Luck :biggrin:

Original post by LukeTownsend123
Who else is jumping on this thread straight away after the exam? :3

Ofcourse :wink:
Arsey will probably have the solutions up at around 12/1ish today probably as there are no other exams for Maths Edexcel taking place!!! GOD SAVE ARSEY!
Original post by Maham88
i dont think you use the negative sign

You will use the negative sign if, when you compare coefficients, they don't cancel.

I.e.

2cosx + 5 sin x = Rcosxcos(alpha) - Rsinxsin(alpha)

2 = Rcos(alpha)
5 = -Rsin(alpha)

Doubt they'll do that though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm starting to really panic
I know that I find C3 easy and I should be getting 95+ ums but I'm psyching myself out big time :-( :-(

You know that the y=cosx graph crosses the x axis at pi/2 and 3pi/2. You are dealing with the graph of Rcos(x-alpha), which is a translation of alpha units to the right. As a result, you just add alpha to pi/2 and 3pi/2 to find where it crosses the x axis.

For the y-axis, you know that x=0, so just sub that in into your equation and see what you get :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I know how to answer every question, but I make really stupid small mistakes that cost me several marks each papers and sometimes take me below the A* boundary... Any advice to stop this please?
good luck everyone
Original post by anonwinner
Guys, I know how to answer every question, but I make really stupid small mistakes that cost me several marks each papers and sometimes take me below the A* boundary... Any advice to stop this please?

Take deep breaths :biggrin:

Just try to keep your focus. If you have much time at the end go through as many questions as you can to root out any mistakes you've made, if any. Best of luck to you!
Original post by kingaaran
You know that the y=cosx graph crosses the x axis at pi/2 and 3pi/2. You are dealing with the graph of Rcos(x-alpha), which is a translation of alpha units to the right. As a result, you just add alpha to pi/2 and 3pi/2 to find where it crosses the x axis.

For the y-axis, you know that x=0, so just sub that in into your equation and see what you get :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh thanks a lot dude, good luck! :smile:

I have the same problem, I find taking my time and ensuring time to check at the end is helpful to spot these mistakes and correct them however time is already limited so its a difficult issue to solve.
Original post by rachelc142
I'm starting to really panic
I know that I find C3 easy and I should be getting 95+ ums but I'm psyching myself out big time :-( :-(

I have that feeling
FP2 was fine and yet I'm terrified of messing up C3; it would look rather funny to have a better grade in further maths than maths..

Latest

Trending

Trending