The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - Thursday 11th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

If you got 4.8 for emf induced I think you accidently multiplied by 40 coils twice
Original post by DysonCube
No, the one in section B with the graph where it asks you to work out the field strength at 0.4m. I got 1875Vm-1 but the MS on here says 1560Vm-1.

i got 1875 aswell. I still think I'm right lol

basically - you find the corresponding value for 2.5 on the graph since 1/0.4 is 2.5.

which is -750V then you use the potential gradient equation which is valid because the same rules from grav field apply to electric fields.

E = V/r

so its 750 x 2.5 = 1875. Makes sence! Not sure where 1560 came from lol.
Reply 4862
Yh
It was 1875
Reply 4863
Original post by Kennethm
i got 1875 aswell. I still think I'm right lol

basically - you find the corresponding value for 2.5 on the graph since 1/0.4 is 2.5.

which is -750V then you use the potential gradient equation which is valid because the same rules from grav field apply to electric fields.

E = V/r

so its 750 x 2.5 = 1875. Makes sence! Not sure where 1560 came from lol.

Original post by Boton
Yh
It was 1875

I think you both accidentally used 750V in your calculations. The corresponding potential at r=0.4m (hence at 1/r = 2.5) was 625V.

As such, you do E=v/r

So E = 625/0.4

= 1562.5 Vm^-1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4864
Plus if you use the standard field strength equation you get 1560 too
Original post by CD223
I think you both accidentally used 750V in your calculations. The corresponding potential at r=0.4m (hence at 1/r = 2.5) was 625V.

As such, you do E=v/r

So E = 625/0.4

= 1562.5 Vm^-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohhh rip :frown: pretty sure thats like 1 mark lost tho - correct equation used blah blah
Reply 4866
ohhh rip :frown: pretty sure thats like 1 mark lost tho - correct equation used blah blah

Not sure how the written will go to be honest. Praying for low boundaries as I made stupid mistakes in section B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xela238
What question are you referencing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the last one with the 6 marker
Anyone got a copy of the MC paper?
HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-33094306

AQA apologises for the question mistake in the exam 😮
Reply 4870
Original post by Sbarron
Anyone got a copy of the MC paper?

Hopefully one will be uploaded later today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do u guys think the boundaries will be for an a*? Also has anyone done the empa this yr... How did u guys find it?
Original post by QueNNch
HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-33094306

AQA apologises for the question mistake in the exam 😮

Aqa better disregard the question because imagine how hard we'd get penalised if we didn't include a 'kilo' in our answer. When I did the paper I thought that one resistor being 2000 times more resistive than the other was a bit strange. Fair is fair so the 3 marks should just be taken from the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if we got that question right, where AQA make a mistake, would that be worse for us because then it nullifies our correct answer?
worked out - 55/75

SO disappointed :frown: hope these boundaries land me an A.
Reply 4875
worked out - 55/75

SO disappointed :frown: hope these boundaries land me an A.

That's likely to be a mid-A I think. Did you need an A* then? It's so hard to assume you've lost marks on the written though, so I don't know how you've managed to guess that? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's likely to be a mid-A I think. Did you need an A* then? It's so hard to assume you've lost marks on the written though, so I don't know how you've managed to guess that? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i marked it harshly for myself but i feel like its the most accurate mark.
Reply 4877
i marked it harshly for myself but i feel like its the most accurate mark.

The only part you can really mark properly is the MC! I'm sure you've done well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone post the graph we were supposed to draw please?
Thank you! That was actually clear! So a top pan balance can actually read negative? I thought it was just like a normal scale in that it can't read below zero but obviously I realise now that it can :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending