The Student Room Group

Unit 4 - World of Cultural Diversity - 2015

Hiiiii

Is anybody else doing this topic for Edexcel Unit 4?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have found a lot of useful links to help with this topic. I am more than happy to PM them to anyone! :smile:
Original post by lizmoo0721
I have found a lot of useful links to help with this topic. I am more than happy to PM them to anyone! :smile:

Hi, don't know if you can help me out, I'm doing Edexcel geography at A2 but I'm resitting unit 1 as well. Do you have any notes I could use to read through or know any good websites or other users that could help me? I've made my notes but I don't feel very confident when in the exam - do you have any resources or advice for good exam techniques and structure - mainly for units 3&4. Which unit 4 topic are you doing? I'm doing Tectonic Activity and Hazards.

Many thanks,

Molly.

Hi, I am doing cultural diversity. Just wondering how you would set out your report?

What are your topic focuses?
Im doing cultural diversity!!! SO happy because I love sociology/anthropology/human geography and didn't know this topic existed until yesterday!! Any guesses on the question? I have loads of ideas for globalisation and cultural diversity pm me and we can talk!
Reply 5
Original post by FlossieH
Im doing cultural diversity!!! SO happy because I love sociology/anthropology/human geography and didn't know this topic existed until yesterday!! Any guesses on the question? I have loads of ideas for globalisation and cultural diversity pm me and we can talk!

I love human geography too! :smile: I'll PM you and we can discuss the topic! Globalisation doesn't seem to bad. :smile:
Reply 6
hi all,
inbox me for inside knowledge.
Reply 7
Original post by Dr Mo
hi all,
inbox me for inside knowledge.

HAHAHAHHA Are you really trying to stalk all my posts. You're so desperate.
Have you got any ideas on what you think the cultural diversity question will be for unit 4?
Reply 9
Original post by cruxtonlaura
Have you got any ideas on what you think the cultural diversity question will be for unit 4?

It will probably be discuss the impact of globalisation on cultural diversity. They can't really ask anything else from the pre-release I don't think...
It will probably be discuss the impact of globalisation on cultural diversity. They can't really ask anything else from the pre-release I don't think...

do you think that there is any chance at all that they could ask anything about the landscapes in different places within the question?
do you think that there is any chance at all that they could ask anything about the landscapes in different places within the question?

Highly unlikely as they have had that question before. It's going to literally only to be due to Globalisation or global media and TNCs.
Hi I'm also doing this topic! Does anybody know how long we should spend on our introduction, main body of the report and conclusion?
Reply 13
Original post by drewsalexia
Hi I'm also doing this topic! Does anybody know how long we should spend on our introduction, main body of the report and conclusion?

Well we have an hour and a half in total. So I would suggest 15 mins on the introduction, 15 mins on the methodology, 45 mins on the main body and 15 mins on the conclusion but obviously adjust that if you know you are weak in one particular area, for example maybe leave 20 mins for the conclusion if it is something you struggle with.
Original post by kimiaak
Well we have an hour and a half in total. So I would suggest 15 mins on the introduction, 15 mins on the methodology, 45 mins on the main body and 15 mins on the conclusion but obviously adjust that if you know you are weak in one particular area, for example maybe leave 20 mins for the conclusion if it is something you struggle with.

How are you structuring your conclusion. I don't know how to do mine???
Here's some potential questions which I think could come up:

To what extent is globalisation having an effect on cultural diversity?

Cultural diversity is being reduced by globalisation.Discuss.

Evaluate the effect globalisation is having on cultural diversity in different places.

How is the cultural diversity in different locations impacted on by globalisation?

Globalisation has a varying effect on cultural diversity indifferent places. Discuss.
Highly unlikely as they have had that question before. It's going to literally only to be due to Globalisation or global media and TNCs.

do you have any information you could show me about global media please?
do you have any information you could show me about global media please?

For global media I have used the impact of multi-national corporations such as Warner ect.

Can anyone help me out?
I've finished my report and just trying to memorise it now but someone told me you're not allowed to write in the first person or you will lose marks.. Is this true?

Reply 19
How are you structuring your conclusion. I don't know how to do mine???

Well in the examiner reports they say you should introduce nothing new in your conclusion. So what I do is I do a subconclusion at the end of every point in the main body then at the end, in my conclusion, i basically re-write all the subconclusions in one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending