The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phoenixsilver
Why are people getting values with e in them for the range of g(x)?

How do you get e values..?

The max and min points of graph were e
Stop being a pussy
found it decent? anyone else..?
Original post by Devran22
No need to get angry at other people chill.

F*** you, your mother is a bear
Original post by Johann von Gauss
You're not entitled to hurl abuse at Edexcel, either, just because you didn't do as well as you had hoped.

I didn't call them any names, I said how angry I was. Get your facts straight.
Original post by mahatma ghandi
Because the exact answer had e values in

But how?
g-1(x)=(cubic function)e-2x
was what I got, you then put that with the range,
Reply 2366
Original post by MelonKuma
Yes i got that wooop

The paper wasn't too bad.
It was just tricky and long. Like 9 questions is a lot...

I couldn't answer 1b) cosx in terms of tan :frown:
And 8a) The proving ahhh.
I got up to 1 + Sin 2A divided by Cos 2A and didn't know that you had to equate the 1 to sin^a+cos^2a apparently.

Hopefully I can get an A* still.

I got < or equal to and > or equal to. Is that not right?
What did people get for the range of g??
Original post by emu_neutrino
I found it alright actually :smile: at first the trig proof and the range question had me like WHAT but i got there in the end. I think i probably made one or two stupid mistakes though, like i realised that the gradient on the last q was positive but said that it was a decreasing function for some reason :frown: how about you?

as k was a negative integer it would have meant that the function was increasing, also i think for another question was that it was a one to many function?
guys for the range question, I got that the range was between 0.3 and -0.7? Please someone agree with me :s-smilie:
Please vote on poll:

http://strawpoll.me/4609429
Guess that A* has gone out of the window for me :frown:
so...seems ill be redoing some maths exams next year, no way am i settling for my insurance choice just bc a paper killed me
The only hard questions in this paper was the trig prove one and (although easier) the range one.

I don't understand why people are getting e values for the range though.
The question gave the domain of g(x), so this must be equal to the range of the inverse function. I equated this to inverse g(x), getting a quadratic with x taken out of it.

didnt it say after that, why does g(x) not have an inverse? and how did you manage to work out an inverse for that, it was a very messy function. since it said hence in part b, i put g'(x) =0 and found the x coordinates of the turning points then used these to find the y values which had e in them, the graph had two turning points which is why i did that. also the hint from the previous q to use g'(x).
Original post by lilminster
Guess that A* has gone out of the window for me :frown:

C4?
Original post by big fat poo
guys for the range question, I got that the range was between 0.3 and -0.7? Please someone agree with me :s-smilie:

no. you're wrong lol
The only hard questions in this paper was the trig prove one and (although easier) the range one.

I don't understand why people are getting e values for the range though.
The question gave the domain of g(x), so this must be equal to the range of the inverse function. I equated this to inverse g(x), getting a quadratic with x taken out of it.

6 marks for that I couldnt believe it, should have been 6 marks for a in my opinion as there were two product rules, however I didnt realise you could equal dy/dx to zero find the coord of stationary points thus leading to the answer of the range
Original post by edexcelbastards
F*** you, your mother is a bear

I am sorry you don't know that it is impossible for a bear to have a human child. I guess you worse in biology then you are in maths?
I did a reverse proof thing for the identity question (I multiplied by the denominator, and then again) and managed to get the LHS. Do you think I'd be credited for this?
But how?
g-1(x)=(cubic function)e-2x
was what I got, you then put that with the range,

Nooo it wasn't G^-1(x) = f(x)e^-2x, it was G'(x) = f(x)e^-2x.

G'(x) is differential of G(x),
G^-1(x) is inverse function of G(x)

Latest

Trending

Trending