The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
Original post by princessBG
I KNOW I HATE EDEXCEL :frown:((( lets start a petition

http://strawpoll.me/4609429/r

The poll seems to confirm that we will see very very low grade boundaries.
Reply 2601
there was a question 10??!! how many marks was it?
Reply 2602
Original post by RedBullAsh
No, you need a 90% average across both papers. So you could get 80 in C3 and 100 in C4...

Are you absolutely sure about this?
Original post by Ned Stark
Done the exact same thing, the solutions are hard to compare as they are specific values and hard to remember. That and the decreasing/increasing got me but the rest was fine. Was hoping for an A* too...ffs.

That question was only four marks wasn't it? Based on how hard people have found the paper, I don't think missing that question out even entirely would severely dent your chances, assuming you did well in all the other questions
Original post by RR97
Well I hope my teacher is explaining it incorrectly - believe me, I'm not loving the idea of 90 in each.

For an A*? You need to average 180/200 ums in c4 and c3 with the addition of 80ums in 3As papers
Reply 2605
Original post by OliviaLin
sec2A = tan2A

1/cos2A = sin2A/cos2A

1+sin2A/cos2A

Sub. in double angle formulae and some identities.. but how the hell do you go from there?
Literally no one in my exam hall could get an answer.. Do you reckon they confused sinAcosA with sinA+cosA somewhere?
Praying they did!!!

If you split the fraction to separate it out so you have 1/cos2A + Sin2A/Cos2A
I think you get to the correct solution
how do they determine the number of question to give per unit time?
I left out alteast 14 marks because i ran out of time.

word

lol pathetic
Original post by Hanif Ahmed
Guys what did you get for question 10? Did you get e^xlna = a

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got cube root of 269/In3/4

Yeah... there was no question 10
This was one of the easiest papers I've done.

Spoiler

Original post by Mishy96
I still think its a decreasing funtion 😳

I forgot c2 man :'(
Question 10? What?
Wow is all I can say, got 286 UMS last year, been getting at least 85 percent in my C3 past papers and I couldn't actually answer a whole question. I honestly think this is the hardest/weirdest C3 paper I've ever seen. I didn't want an A* anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can start from the right for the trig function right?

This paper was easier than june 2013 for sure but I suppose people may consider it to be harder than the usual papers.
Original post by Nightmare8
So weird that there wasn't a change of sign or an inverse function. Did anyone else find it weird? O.o

I'm guessing you didn't look at the back page...
Did someone say no asymptotes? LOL
"If a known function has an asymptote (such as y=0 for f(x)=ex), then the translations of it also have an asymptote. If a known function has an asymptote, then the scaling of the function also have an asymptote."

what makes it worse is that I am a great maths student, A* pretty much all year in C3 sooooo this paper was like a cheeky slap to the face.
sec2A = tan2A

1/cos2A = sin2A/cos2A

1+sin2A/cos2A

Sub. in double angle formulae and some identities.. but how the hell do you go from there?
Literally no one in my exam hall could get an answer.. Do you reckon they confused sinAcosA with sinA+cosA somewhere?
Praying they did!!!

IMG_1196.jpg
I got this too..

Cross multiply with 1/2 , expand brackets and divide all terms by cosA to get tanA = -1/3 after rearranging..

2 answers right?

YES! I got tanA = -1/3 then manipulate and add pie and 2pie

Latest

Trending

Trending