The Student Room Group

OCR MEI C3 Maths June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Looking at that markscheme I reckon I got 70/72. I forgot to make the integral after translation negative. Maybe only lose 1 but that's all I got wrong so 71or70/72 for me ☺️ Woooo
How many marks am I likely to lose for just saying dV/dH=100π in the cone question and only stating x=√2/2 in the arccos=arcsin question?
Original post by JamesExtra
Ok now I'm feeling very confident I did well on this. Thanks :smile:

haha yeh i had to explain that to a mate....he wasn't happy XD
That was probs one of the better questions :smile:
Reply 303

I've got the first one wrong and probably others

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chizz1889
Looking at that markscheme I reckon I got 70/72. I forgot to make the integral after translation negative. Maybe only lose 1 but that's all I got wrong so 71or70/72 for me ☺️ Woooo

Stop rubbing your cleverness in our faces XD
How did you explain that the integral of g(x) was the same as the area calculated in a previous part? I can't remember what question it was but I'm just worried I missed out a key point or something which I needed for the mark and I found it hard to put it into words even though I could visualise it in my head
Original post by Garn197
Stop rubbing your cleverness in our faces XD

I'm sorry 😔
Question 9, towards the end...
The bit about finding the area between the x axis and the graph

Was it meant to between O and P?
Or infinitely?
It didn't make it clear at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't give limits or anything :s-smilie:
Original post by AlexParmenter
How did you explain that the integral of g(x) was the same as the area calculated in a previous part? I can't remember what question it was but I'm just worried I missed out a key point or something which I needed for the mark and I found it hard to put it into words even though I could visualise it in my head

I put it was the same but the actual answer is infact that the integral is negative of the one before as it gets shifted below the x axis between 1&3
That was one of the worst C3 papers I have ever done . . . couldn't do half of them so I came back to them at the end. For some reason I got a weird answer for the first question even tho it looked easyish :frown: Then I probably got a few of the integrals wrong and couldn't get to the g(x) in the question.... seriously hoping for low grade boundaries
I smashed my calculator to bits when i left the exam room :rant:
Original post by Lissy14
Question 9, towards the end...
The bit about finding the area between the x axis and the graph

Was it meant to between O and P?
Or infinitely?
It didn't make it clear at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't give limits or anything :s-smilie:

I though that but as someone kindly reminded me on here between O & P was the only region 'enclosed' luckily I guessed what it meant and got it right 😊
Found core 3 to be very straight forward for the whole year, 84% in January... Then it came to the exam and got stuck on at least 20 marks worth of questions
I put it was the same but the actual answer is infact that the integral is negative of the one before as it gets shifted below the x axis between 1&3

Ohh right I didn't put that it was negative :frown:
Original post by Alludeen1
That was one of the worst C3 papers I have ever done . . . couldn't do half of them so I came back to them at the end. For some reason I got a weird answer for the first question even tho it looked easyish :frown: Then I probably got a few of the integrals wrong and couldn't get to the g(x) in the question.... seriously hoping for low grade boundaries

Sorry to burst your bubble but they won't be low. If anything they'll be high. It was easier than other papers as long as you knew integration and differentiation inside out
Reply 315
Original post by Alludeen1

Exactly the same here, just couldnt do the first questions and all integrals seemed way harder than everything else ive ever done!
Original post by AlexParmenter
Ohh right I didn't put that it was negative :frown:

Same 😞
Sorry to burst your bubble but they won't be low. If anything they'll be high. It was easier than other papers as long as you knew integration and differentiation inside out

Nah mate your just a neek, lots of people i know (a couple asians included) found it hard, i think they will definitely be a bit lower

I think most people would have preferred a different paper tbh
I though that but as someone kindly reminded me on here between O & P was the only region 'enclosed' luckily I guessed what it meant and got it right 😊

Right!
Thanks egg ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending