The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dandroff
will i lose marks for too many solutions

Apparently, according to someone, arsey said Edexcel examiners are told to mark every attempt. And carry the attempt that scored most marks.
Original post by Raizel
I think
Raw -> UMS
66 -> 100
60 --> A*
54--> A

I like this prediction hope it is this
Original post by dandroff
wat u get for lambda

i got (ln2)/40
Original post by The fish inspect
For question 7 the range is -0.07326.. And 0.04598..
Correct me if I'm wrong

That's what I got (though I put exact)
I made a stupid mistake on the penultimate question: cosx/cosx=0...
Reply 2785
http://strawpoll.me/4609429/r

This is a respectable number, therefore, I am 100% the grade boundaries will be just as low as 2013 if not even lower.

ALSO!!!!

Given the experience by the IAL C34 people today, the C4 exam will be ****ing hell as well.
Original post by mahatma ghandi
*x=5 you mean

No, it was y=5. :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
where do i click to vote lol

Remove the /r
i.e.
http://strawpoll.me/4609429
Reply 2788
Thanks dude, much appreciated :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who say it was easy are blatantly trolling... most definitely not easy but not particularly hard, perhaps harder than usual if wee lucky 65/75 would be reasonable for 90 UMS
What did everyone get for the range question? It was a 6 marker, I just can't remember what question number it was
Tbh i think they may as well get platinum papers out consisting entirely of this exam
this paper was stupid hard
That is true, last years paper was not as difficult as this. Yes there were some simple questions but the harder questions were wortha lot more and i guess people were rushing making mistakes.
i think it will be lower than last years grade boundaries
Original post by frozo123
are you retarded? If it was 60 for an A last year, how could it be 63 this year?
Please vote on this poll:

http://strawpoll.me/4609429
Original post by The fish inspect
For question 7 the range is -0.07326.. And 0.04598..
Correct me if I'm wrong

I think you had to give your answers exact, so in terms of e
I used g'(x) and found the x-coords for the turning points of the graph and then subbed that into g(x) and got two values for y in terms of e and said that was the range
LHS = sec(2A) + tan(2A)
= 1/cos(2A) + sin(2A)/cos(2A)
= (1 + sin(2A)) / cos(2A) = (1 + 2sinAcosA) / (cos²A - sin²A)
= (cos²A + sin²A + 2sinAcosA) / [(cosA + sinA)(cosA - sinA)]
= (cosA + sinA)² / [(cosA + sinA)(cosA - sinA)]
= (cosA + sinA) / (cosA - sinA) = RHS

Didn't get this in the exam but found it online
Reply 2798
Any idea if the answer to 8b (tan theta = -1/3) was in terms of radians or degrees?
Original post by frozo123
are you retarded? If it was 60 for an A last year, how could it be 63 this year?

No, I'm not retarded. It was an easier exam compared to last year. My teachers agreed with me and a lot of people followed on with this view. I'm not saying I got an A in that paper, but I've definitely got around 60 marks, which will most likely be a B due to the easiness of this paper.

Latest

Trending

Trending