The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Excuse Me!
Was watching Wwe list where they talked about Lana controlled Rusev and decided who he 'crushed' and when he stopped.

Does anyone remember when that stopped happening and Lana stopped controlling him? Was it explained at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lana started to gain popularity from the crowd and she acknowledged it which pissed Rusev off. It got to the point where Rusev told her to leave ringside a few times. The final nail in the coffin was in Rusevs "I quit" match with Cena where Rusev was shouting "I quit" in bulgarian and Lana told the ref to stop and that he quits, obviously Rusev didn't appreciate that and had a right go at her the next night on Raw, Lana had enough of been treated like **** despite caring for Rusev and so left him for Dolph Ziggler.
(edited 8 years ago)
RIPDusty.

Never seen his old work but have heard only positive things I enjoyed his appearances in recent Cody/Goldust feuds and will at least look forward to the network specials which will show his best work.

Obviously had a great mind for the business and I'm happy his work with main roster and NXT will live on for years through the superstars
Original post by samir12
Lana started to gain popularity from the crowd and she acknowledged it which pissed Rusev off. It got to the point where Rusev told her to leave ringside a few times. The final nail in the coffin was in Rusevs "I quit" match with Cena where Rusev was shouting "I quit" in bulgarian and Lana told the ref to stop and that he quits, obviously Rusev didn't appreciate that and had a right go at her the next night on Raw, Lana had enough of been treated like **** despite caring for Rusev and so left him for Dolph Ziggler.

Thanks but think i explained my question wrong as I've seen what you described.

When Lana and Rusev started Lana had full control over Rusev. He would attack the opponent after the match on Lanas order and stop only when Lana said so.
Best example I could find is in this clip: https://youtu.be/5YwYGkXqWuA?t=1m13s
Rusev has the accolade on Santino and only stops when Lana touches his shoulder to signal him to stop.

My question is when did Lana stop ordering Rusev around and when did Rusev become the more powerful one in the relationship?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2323
Interesting that Wyatt has been off TV for a while now. Perhaps Creative sees him as an 'attraction' akin to the Undertaker, despite his failure to beat him at WM31.

It's a shame that he isn't being shoe-horned into the MITB main event, because Reigns is clearly the only one who will emerge victorious because it's too soon for Neville, Sheamus and Ziggler and tied up with championships or feuds, Kingston has never been successful in the past, and Kane and Orton have been given the nod before.
Original post by Mackay
Interesting that Wyatt has been off TV for a while now. Perhaps Creative sees him as an 'attraction' akin to the Undertaker, despite his failure to beat him at WM31.

I

Or perhaps he's just not interesting enough. Crazy to even compare him as an attraction like the Undertaker
Reply 2325
Original post by AR_95
Or perhaps he's just not interesting enough. Crazy to even compare him as an attraction like the Undertaker

I was suggesting that's how Creative see him. He's supposed to be the new face of fear, of course, and Undertaker/Kane were used sparingly in the early days to scare and thrill kids in equal measure.

Taking Wyatt out of the limelight post-Undertaker loss perhaps helps that allure.
Turns out Roman Reigns has admitted that he's been molested a few times going down that staircase.

Kind of how I feel when going down the stairs on the bus.

Anyhoo Rip Dusty
Reply 2327
It'd be so cool to see Neville win the ladder match, but I'm hoping he steals the show with his spots anyway.
Original post by Longshot700
Turns out Roman Reigns has admitted that he's been molested a few times going down that staircase.

Kind of how I feel when going down the stairs on the bus.

Anyhoo Rip Dusty

You're very weird...
Original post by AR_95
You're very weird...

Reply 2330
Such a shame that Owens won't be featured in WWE 2K16. Apparently, JR has returned to do voice-over work for it, though. That's a solid coup for the team behind the video game. I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg in there, either.
Original post by Mackay
Such a shame that Owens won't be featured in WWE 2K16. Apparently, JR has returned to do voice-over work for it, though. That's a solid coup for the team behind the video game. I wouldn't mind seeing Goldberg in there, either.

Yup not buying it then if they can't put a guy into the game who's been transferred to the main roster 4 months before the game is released.
Reply 2332
Original post by Depleted
Yup not buying it then if they can't put a guy into the game who's been transferred to the main roster 4 months before the game is released.

I know, it's shambolic. The roster has always been dubious, and they do things so in advance. WWE 2K15 didn't have Ambrose's new theme or attire, or Rollins'. Annoying as ****.
Original post by Mackay
I know, it's shambolic. The roster has always been dubious, and they do things so in advance. WWE 2K15 didn't have Ambrose's new theme or attire, or Rollins'. Annoying as ****.

Yeah I bought it stupidly and Rollins coming in with Shield music pisses me off so much, could've released a patch for god sake at the very least.
Reply 2334
Original post by Depleted
Yeah I bought it stupidly and Rollins coming in with Shield music pisses me off so much, could've released a patch for god sake at the very least.

There's guys who release updates online and ****, but I cba with that.
Jim Ross is actually pretty bad at video game commentary. It's most notable on WWE 13 I think it was with the recreation of the Attitude Era. In real life, Foley falls off the cell and it's "GOOD GAD ALMIGHTY! STOP THE MATCH!! HE'S GOT A FAMILY, KING!!!" when in the game it's the same lines but delivers it like 'meh' like he just saw a nice armbar.
Reply 2336
I think a lot of it comes down to the creators and how they want him to deliver the lines, though.
Which feud are they going to pursue properly with Owens? Zayn, Balor, Joe and Cena could all have run against him.
Reply 2338
Well, Zayn's on the shelf.

I can see Cena getting a dodgy win via a Joe interference this weekend. That could lead to Owens dropping the NXT title to Joe before concentrating on Cena full-time.

Alternatively, if Owens beats Cena this weekend, the feud is done and it's probably Joe's time to challenge him. I find it hard to believe they can book somebody to take the title off him when he's dispatched Cena twice, though.
He won't dispatch Cena a second time, definitely not clean anyway. 1 win is enough to build up his profile, and a dirty win/DQ will be enough to propel him onto his next feud, be it with Joe or whoever.

Quick Reply

Latest