The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just want to see arsey's markscheme already... I'm sick of seeing trolls on TSR and I need reassurance from arsey
Get a grip peole!
Anyone know how to do 1b? That and 8a were the only questions I didn't understand.
Original post by pinkcrystal
Sorry to contradict the majority, but I found that quite a nice paper, all questions that have come up at least once before?? I guess 62/63 for an A? Anyone else like it?

I thought it was fine too apart from question 8 with the ridic proof :frown:
People that say they found it harder than the june 2013 one, its most likely because you sat this paper under timed conditions, hence the pressure of seeing something in an unusual format threw you off.
Objectively, everything in this paper was doable, whilst in the june 2013 one a lot more thinking was involved imo. After seeing this poll (unrepresentative of the student population), i believe the boundaries may be lower than last year but not by more than a mark or two. After all the exam was made hard to make it more difficult to achieve an A grade.
i got -5 as the horizontal asymptote????????????????
Original post by dominicwild
That means if you've tried to answer the question twice, for example you write 7a) Try to do it, fail. Then do 7a) again without crossing out the previous 7a), they'll mark both of these. And carry only the attempt that got the best mark.

oh, i only attempted it once though, but got more solutions? i got 8
Original post by Randomz96
Guys was 1b meant to have a +- in front of it ? It felt wrong but that's what I got

I don't think so...
Original post by smellybeard
*NEWS FLASH*
The reason people on here think "the general consensus" is the paper was the hardest ever, etc etc, and the reason that silly straw poll is filled up with "very hard" votes, is because the people who do badly on maths are the ones who spend their time moaning on the internet, making Hitler videos, starting petitions, and generally crying about how badly they did.
The people who did well will be geting on with revising C4... maybe take a leaf out of their books?
Unfortunately the way qualifications work is that some people do well,others not so much. If you're the latter, I'm sorry for you, but moaning about it won't change that :smile: nor will "predicting" incredibly optimistic grade boundaries. GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

Couldn't have said it better myself. :smile:

Good plan too, I think I shall be putting this behind me and starting C4.
Original post by RR97
It's called trolling and being a nuisance.
I really don't think this paper was that bad, it was harder than most of the past papers but no where near on the same level as june 13 so I'm sure the grade boundaries won't be that low. I have a feeling C4 may be hideous however.
Original post by Randomz96
Guys was 1b meant to have a +- in front of it ? It felt wrong but that's what I got

Yep that what I got.
Original post by dandroff
i think its y=5 ?? because asmyptotes for e^x is y=0. so ..
0 x 2 = 0
0 + 5 = 5?

WTF are u guys chatting about
I'd say 61 for an A and 67 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the equation of the line for finding the point A where it crosses the y axis?
Original post by 9899thft
There was no question 10 right?

Nope, 9 questions, they're trying to scare us.
Did June 14 and got A* last week (under exam conditions). If boundaries are same as last year, I might be getting a B
T_T
Original post by BobFredric
Anyone know how to do 1b? That and 8a were the only questions I didn't understand.

pythagoris tan theta = p/1
Original post by Hectors
People that say they found it harder than the june 2013 one, its most likely because you sat this paper under timed conditions, hence the pressure of seeing something in an unusual format threw you off.
Objectively, everything in this paper was doable, whilst in the june 2013 one a lot more thinking was involved imo. After seeing this poll (unrepresentative of the student population), i believe the boundaries may be lower than last year but not by more than a mark or two. After all the exam was made hard to make it more difficult to achieve an A grade.

I dont think ive seen some of 2 markers before and the 5 mark proof was quite different...
Original post by frozo123
What course are you doing?
dude it's fine, I'm sure a lot of people won't meet their offer and will still get in

Theoretical Physics for Birmingham, needed an A*AA with A* in Maths and A in physics. That A* is defo needed :/. At least I don't need it for Cardiff - Physics but an A in physics is going to be difficult after a balls up yesterday (b most probs if lucky, damn you aqa for 300K ohms).
Oh well....... just upsetting when it's a stupid mistake and can't believe I didn't see it.

Latest

Trending

Trending