The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sara_ara98
guys was the horizontal asymptote equal to -5

You multiplied the original graph of e^x by 2 so that the Y value was 2 and then -5 from it so it is now -3, then the asymptote must be 1 less then that so it is -4.
Original post by smellybeard
*NEWS FLASH*
The reason people on here think "the general consensus" is the paper was the hardest ever, etc etc, and the reason that silly straw poll is filled up with "very hard" votes, is because the people who do badly on maths are the ones who spend their time moaning on the internet, making Hitler videos, starting petitions, and generally crying about how badly they did.
The people who did well will be geting on with revising C4... maybe take a leaf out of their books?
Unfortunately the way qualifications work is that some people do well,others not so much. If you're the latter, I'm sorry for you, but moaning about it won't change that :smile: nor will "predicting" incredibly optimistic grade boundaries. GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

This :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
arsey got the MC up yet?
How many marks was 8a proof?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smellybeard
*NEWS FLASH*
The reason people on here think "the general consensus" is the paper was the hardest ever, etc etc, and the reason that silly straw poll is filled up with "very hard" votes, is because the people who do badly on maths are the ones who spend their time moaning on the internet, making Hitler videos, starting petitions, and generally crying about how badly they did.
The people who did well will be geting on with revising C4... maybe take a leaf out of their books?
Unfortunately the way qualifications work is that some people do well,others not so much. If you're the latter, I'm sorry for you, but moaning about it won't change that :smile: nor will "predicting" incredibly optimistic grade boundaries. GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

Not excatly true. I found FP2 hard and people found it easy and still came online to vote,talk etc..
Is the last question decreasing or increasing function?
Original post by kprime2
maybe people aren't trolling. It wasn't a bad paper. Every year students find their particular paper difficult, that's natural and expected. If you had done all the past papers, then there was nothing tricky on that paper. Most of the questions had been asked before in a similar way. The first question for example was taken from the June 13 withdrawn paper. The last part of the question on the trig one where you had to find values of K such that there's no solution, was taken from the June 13 international paper.

Sorry to say but it's just annoying when people cannot be bothered to prepare well and then complain about difficulty.

i'm not complaining on the difficulty.. I know I made a ton of silly mistakes and if I had more time, I could have done better...

I'm just sick of seeing people being arrogant to others or making fun of others on this thread who did not do as well... if you did well, then congrats, but there is no need to rub it in people's faces... it may seem like a joke to you but some people are actually scared/concerned about their future.
Original post by alibland
How many marks was 8a proof?

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 off the top of my head, not certain though.
Original post by sara_ara98
guys was the horizontal asymptote equal to -5

Yes for part (i) :smile:
Original post by thatwentsowrong
you know on the vectors question did you guys get a value of 3.94 or something? :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

vector question was so good, surprised they put M1/C4 mix in the C3 paper.
Reply 2970
[QUOTE="Gauss;56921887" Johann="Johann" von="von"]
Original post by Jemy
Yeah I think many people who thought it was 'easy' or 'okay' will come out of their delusion. The was clearly not impossible, but it was above standard and to be honest far more tricky than June 2013. The issue is on one side I agree that in principle papers should be more tricky in order to prevent exam factories, but on the other hand they should have waited for the next specification in order to clean up.[/QUOTE]

Just so you got an easier time, you mean?

No so we get a fair time, if now all of a sudden in the last official year of the specification they decide to get all 'tricky' with the papers they put us at an disadvantage as previous groups clearly had a easier time!
Original post by Freddy-Francis
someone REPLY!

2a) asymptote when y=-5

and b and c how did u solve the mod equations.

I am replying as ordered
Reply 2972
Couldn't have asked for a better paper. Think I got 75 but giving myself 74 just in case. Hopefully C4 is a similar blessing.
Original post by AJeeeee
I dont think ive seen some of 2 markers before and the 5 mark proof was quite different...

the expansion of tan2x? or the rearranging of cosX to find tanx?
Original post by AJeeeee

um please make a c34 thread!

guys they arent trolling they sat c34 paper for internationals!

it is a combo of c3 and c4! :smile:
Original post by AJeeeee

we had a vector question in c3??????????
Were there 8 questions?
Original post by pepperonipizza
Yes I also got that for the asymptote. I cant remember what b and c were but for one of them where you had to solve it was equal to 2 I did it equal to 2 and to -2

I didn't include asymptotes at all :/

How many marks were those questions? I just forgot about it and don't think it mentioned it - the question just asked for coordinates of where the curve crossed the axis, right?
Original post by EddTally
You multiplied the original graph of e^x by 2 so that the Y value was 2 and then -5 from it so it is now -3, then the asymptote must be 1 less then that so it is -4.

It isn't 1 less than -3 it's 2 less than -3 because you stretched the graph in the y axis by 2
Original post by shashapop
I thought it was fine too apart from question 8 with the ridic proof :frown:

I am dying to see this trig identity ...

Latest

Trending

Trending