The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone get that proof? That was the only question I couldn't do... ?
Sorry man it was -5 i plotted it on my calculator
Original post by Freddy-Francis
Question 2. How did u solve the mod equation :s-smilie:

I didnt revise solving mods ffs :frown:

You have a situation like that. The green line is the modded function.

It intercepts two versions of the curve, one being the normal f(x)f(x) and one being the f(x)-f(x). So, you just take the function, solve for x normally. Then take the negative of the function and solve for x again.
So basically solving:
[br]f(x)=2[br]f(x)=2[br][br]f(x) = 2 [br]-f(x) = 2[br]
I don't remember what the answers were though. But that's what I did. Pretty confident that's the correct working.
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
um please make a c34 thread!

guys they arent trolling they sat c34 paper for internationals!

it is a combo of c3 and c4! :smile:

Lol I was just going along with it. Sorry but vectors obviously in C4, anyone w/ half a brain would realise that.
Original post by CalebS5
Were there 8 questions?

nope, 9 questions
omg half way through the paper, I was like, "this paper is the worse paper" but afterwards, my brain actually started working and I feel the paper was alright but I understand why everyone found this paper hard,q1 was a complete throw off lool. The only question I didnt get was 5b
As someone who sat C3 last year and got an A* in it I would say I am very confident the grade boundaries will not be higher than last year.
Unfortunately, the grade boundaries aren't going to be as low as June 13.

A* - 64/65
A - 58/59
B - 52/51
Original post by Master Sam
arsey got the MC up yet?

Nah mush.
Reply 2989
For the coordinates of A I found the correct Y value but stupidly found the x-intercept instead of writing 0! Don't know why I was so stupid. Does anyone know how many marks I will loose?
Original post by sara_ara98
we had a vector question in c3??????????

omds Sara, vectors is in C4, i was just kidding! damn.
Has arsey posted yet?
Reply 2992
This is my proof for the trig question for any of you who did it backwards.
I'm sorry but what is edexcels obsession with logs, constants and exponentials😒
On the sketching one did it say sketch on different axes or the same axes
Original post by kprime2
maybe people aren't trolling. It wasn't a bad paper. Every year students find their particular paper difficult, that's natural and expected. If you had done all the past papers, then there was nothing tricky on that paper. Most of the questions had been asked before in a similar way. The first question for example was taken from the June 13 withdrawn paper. The last part of the question on the trig one where you had to find values of K such that there's no solution, was taken from the June 13 international paper.

I thought some of the answers were spoon fed to us. Like for the range of g(x), you had to differentiate g(x) in the previous part, which made it obvious what you had to do to find the range.

Sorry to say but it's just annoying when people cannot be bothered to prepare well and then complain about difficulty.

I genuinely think that this was a difficult paper, there was a lot in there that stretched people's knowledge and I think that will show in the grade boundaries. We're forgetting that the boundaries are set by how people have done overall, if a lot of people think they've done badly then the boundaries will reflect that.
Original post by sansasstark
I didn't include asymptotes at all :/

How many marks were those questions? I just forgot about it and don't think it mentioned it - the question just asked for coordinates of where the curve crossed the axis, right?

I forgot the asymptote too :frown:
Original post by sansasstark
nope, 9 questions

Whaaat! I think I missed it :P
Original post by TheFuhrer
its definitely decreasing :biggrin::biggrin:

my FUHRER! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE! YOU SHOULD BE MAKING THE HITLER VIDEO ALREADY

Asymptote at y=-5

Latest