The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imnoteinstein
Used the triangle method but got what arsey got
how come you think its wrong?

He is right if theta is in certaib ranges. Let theta equals 100. It is not right is it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ned Stark
Judging by the thread, I think you would. I hope so as I also got 66. This was harder than last year's for me and I've pretty much aced the mocks and past papers.

Dude i know, got full in all the golds but stuff just didnt click today. It was a tiny bit trickier than an average paper id say, made stupid mistakes tho :c Hopefully our c4 will make up for this
Original post by Meesh14
OMG I'm literally crying hahahahha

LOOOL yeah plz share xD
well they were low in 2013 because of the mix up with the papers i think not because it was that difficult
when i was deriving in q 9b, i put the wrong derivative for x-2kwhere i put the derivative equal to -2
would i lose marks for the whole question?
Original post by physicsmaths
Dont you think 1b is wrong? Arsey shud have a plue or minus there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not a problem with 2 marks ...
It should of course be plus/minus but the marking scheme will allow omission
He is right if theta is in certaib ranges. Let theta equals 100. It is not right is it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh well you might be correct logically (im no expert obv) but you think theyve considered that for 2 marks?
Original post by chesmils
well they were low in 2013 because of the mix up with the papers i think not because it was that difficult

What mix up?
It's because it wasn't a one-one function
Original post by anonwinner
Sometimes it says 'ignore extra answers' or something like that in the mark scheme, so maybe you won't lose any

I hope so!
Original post by anorris13
This is perfectly valid, or you could do half and half and get to the same point, as long as you show they are equivalent

Are you sure you're allowed to do it from right to left? I have never seen that in the mark scheme!
lost 7 marks total (if they accept A1 marks for ln7/2 = ln3.5... ect) if they don't then a bit more marks lost
7c????
Original post by TheFuhrer
its not hard to get 70+ when you have the mark scheme sitting next to you maybe you would have got 70+ in the exam if you had the mark scheme

lol. im done arguing with you, I can just tell you got lucky on this paper. Had a bad run with exams this year then i gotta face retard internet warriors like you who honestly have no idea how much effort i did/did not put in to prepare for this. All i will say is, wait till results day, youre undoubtedly someone who overestimates their abilities quite frequently, think youll have a shock
Original post by TeeEm
not a problem with 2 marks ...
It should of course be plus/minus but the marking scheme will allow omission

Obviously they are not teaching the right mathematics then if they give 2 marks for an incorrect answer. Edexcel are stupid for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
POST YOUR MARKS HERE http://strawpoll.me/4610012
please answer
when i was deriving in q 9b, i put the wrong derivative for x-2kwhere i put the derivative equal to -2
would i lose marks for the whole question?
Has Arsey posted his model answers yet?
Original post by soundhippo
POST YOUR MARKS HERE http://strawpoll.me/4610012

relax and meditate
Obviously they are not teaching the right mathematics then if they give 2 marks for an incorrect answer. Edexcel are stupid for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the paper has to be fair ... I mark lost there, though correct, would be harsh on the Mr Average Maths Struggler.