The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is it usually 75/75 for 100 ums? If so what would 71/75 be in terms of ums?
You guys didn't do that bad!
Not as bad as me at least.. Apparently I need 100 UMS in C4 to scrap a B... I'm TOTALLY screwed bc Maths was my strenght:captain:
Original post by 1asdfghjkl1
Is it usually 75/75 for 100 ums? If so what would 71/75 be in terms of ums?

Na this year i reckon 70/71z

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3363
Anyone else miss the last question? Gutted
Original post by Dylann
Yeah good point, I'd accept losing the final A1 mark. Also thanks for your c3 papers, was doing paper i last night and one of the questions was about increasing or decreasing functions...

Posted from TSR Mobile

One marks is not too bad...
I am glad you found my papers useful ...
Does anyone know anything about the unofficial markscheme?
Never mind I found it arseys published one
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3366
What UMS do people reckon 55 will get?
Original post by Chazley123
english is probably harder if not one of the hardest a levels man, maths is one of the easiest when you get into the thought process and flow of things

Fair point!
Original post by John Fluffy Bunny
Does anyone know anything about the unofficial markscheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3399451

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frozo123
Like 4pi squared something

I got something along the lines of 4pi squared too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by e1997
Anyone else miss the last question? Gutted

Apparently quite a few people did, don't worry!
It was a pretty easy paper other then the killer trig proof on (I think) question 7 - I know one person who got it correct, but it seemed you had to be lucky to have spotted the correct path to take the proof, there where so many different things you could do it wasn't immediately obvious what the correct method was like it usually is.

On a side note, the transformations question asked for combined transformations both in the y axis right? I thought edexcel specification stated that any questions on combined transformations would have two transformations one in each axis - am I wrong about this?

Specification page 33:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%
20Level/Mathematics/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035243_GCE_Lin_Maths_Issue_3.pdf

Students should be able to sketchthe graph of, for example,y = 2f(3x), y = f(−x) + 1, given thegraph of y = f(x) or the graph of, forexample, y = 3 + sin 2x,y = −cos x +  π4 .The graph of y = f(ax + b) will not berequired.

Anyone know about this?
Reply 3372
So I compared my answers with Arsey's. Assuming I got all the method marks for the answers I did get right, Im looking at 61. A couple marks might crop up (fingers crossed) from everywhere else.

Usually that would be on the fence between a B and an A, right guys? Now depending on how the grade boundaries are this year.. Eh, we shall see. I can still hope for the legendary low boundaries of June 2013.
Reckon I got between 58-62

Posted from TSR Mobile
For question 5b), I only managed to differentiate and I forgot my calculator was in degrees mode (I was running low on time and I panicked and moved on, I should have cleared my head and changed it to radians mode...), so I couldn't work out the rest....How many marks do you think I can get for 5)b)?
I hope I didn't loose all 6 marks... I got the differentiation correct... do you think I'd atleast get 2 marks for that? or at least 1 mark?
(edited 8 years ago)
over 400 voters now ... I was expecting greater skew
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3399381
Original post by TeeEm
One marks is not too bad...
I am glad you found my papers useful ...

Hey :smile: For question 5b I made the silly error of not flipping the gradient, and so continued with 24pi, how many works do you think I would get out of the 6, presuming the rest of the working was correct?

If the answer is right do they give full marks for the question
Or do they go through finding each method mark?
Reply 3378
Guys can someone help me out please? I just wanted to know what I need on C4 for an overall A.

I got 249 UMS in AS
61 raw marks in D1 (2015)
61 raw marks in C3 (2015)
(Based on Arseys answers)
Just calculated that I need 90 in C4 to get an A overall. lol @ my life.

Latest

Trending

Trending