The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jjsnyder
If your method for calculating E was correct you will get ECF marks for E

yeah i got a really bad fractional C, so it stretched out the whole process, it was too time consuming so i did 3/4 of the working and then wrote down the steps in words:redface:
(which vectors i was adding and how i was +1/2 and -1/2) etc

i just hope i get 2 or more out of 4 for it...
Would 73/75 on core 3 and 60/75 on core 4 get me an A*? Even if boundaries for core 4 go up
Original post by madmenace
yeah i got a really bad fractional C, so it stretched out the whole process, it was too time consuming so i did 3/4 of the working and then wrote down the steps in words:redface:
(which vectors i was adding and how i was +1/2 and -1/2) etc

i just hope i get 2 or more out of 4 for it...

You get 1 method mark for writing out the vector equation thing, and then one accuracy mark for E (and then this again for the other E). But the accuracy will be ECF from C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yunus_Eskisan
Would 73/75 on core 3 and 60/75 on core 4 get me an A*? Even if boundaries for core 4 go up

73 is full ums and 60 should be around halfway into an A so yh
Just writing out OE = OC + (1/2)AB and OE = OC + (3/2)AB would get you 2/4. Or the same but using the method with D

Posted from TSR Mobile

I reckon you may like *just* have an A* because I have a feeling the cap for C3 will be 70/72, and there's no way it'll be more than 58 for an A in C4.
Original post by MoHoosen9167
I reckon you may like *just* have an A* because I have a feeling the cap for C3 will be 70/72, and there's no way it'll be more than 58 for an A in C4.

think i've got 64/75 in core 3 and 62/75 in core 4. What UMS/grade do you think that'll be as I can't work it out?! :smile:
http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce

guys use this to view your grade estimates (as many of you are wondering about it ).
Original post by HennersPD
think i've got 64/75 in core 3 and 62/75 in core 4. What UMS/grade do you think that'll be as I can't work it out?! :smile:

I reckon you'll have either 88 or 90 UMS in C3, and probably about 85 in C4 as the paper was really hard for C3 (last years was easier and it had grade boundaries of 65 for an A*). The C4 wasn't that hard in retrospect, but you'll have gotten an A as I don't think it's been higher than 60 for an A ever.
I reckon you'll have either 88 or 90 UMS in C3, and probably about 85 in C4 as the paper was really hard for C3 (last years was easier and it had grade boundaries of 65 for an A*). The C4 wasn't that hard in retrospect, but you'll have gotten an A as I don't think it's been higher than 60 for an A ever.

Ah ok thanks :smile:
Reply 2450

So hard to guess boundaries :/ I'll be back on the thread on 12th August when boundaries are released to hear people's thoughts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
what ums do you think ill get for, 72/75 in c1, 57/75 in c3, 60/75 in c4, and 50/75 in s1?
Original post by A guy called Dan
what ums do you think ill get for, 72/75 in c1, 57/75 in c3, 60/75 in c4, and 50/75 in s1?

I reckon mid 90-100 in C1, 80 max in C3, 80s for C4 and 70s for S1
do you think stats grade boundaries will be lower this year then because last year it was 53 just for a C
Hey guys! For the sinQ question I formed a quadratic but NOT in terms of sinQ - I was still able to get the right answer. Does this suggest I'll still get the full five marks or not? Really freaking out because need the A* and scared I've marginally missed it 😭image.jpg
What do people think the highest boundaries for an A and A* could possible be
What do people think the highest boundaries for an A and A* could possible be

My teacher said 60 - A
Original post by CAulet567
Hey guys! For the sinQ question I formed a quadratic but NOT in terms of sinQ - I was still able to get the right answer. Does this suggest I'll still get the full five marks or not? Really freaking out because need the A* and scared I've marginally missed it <span class="EmojiInput mj25" title="Loudly Crying Face ::sob::"></span>image.jpg

Maybe a special case what quadratic was it? They only deduce one if the difficulty of the question is unchanged. Else all 5 lost.
Original post by ForgottenApple
Maybe a special case what quadratic was it? They only deduce one if the difficulty of the question is unchanged. Else all 5 lost.

It was all correct mathmatically so i dont understand why they'd deduct all the marks? I found the cartesian equation of the curve and using that i subbed in the tangent to the initial curve equation. From there, I was able to form a quadratic, in terms of x, giving me two values - one of which was the x value at the tangent and the other x value, the correct answer of -1/8 :/
Original post by CAulet567
It was all correct mathmatically so i dont understand why they'd deduct all the marks? I found the cartesian equation of the curve and using that i subbed in the tangent to the initial curve equation. From there, I was able to form a quadratic, in terms of x, giving me two values - one of which was the x value at the tangent and the other x value, the correct answer of -1/8 :/

If it doesn't alter difficulty of question they'll deduct only one. If it is deemed to make it easier you'll score no marks. You didn't answer the question how they asked so that's why marks are lost.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending