The Student Room Group

Wjec py4

How is everyone's revision going for PY4, this exam is so hard and I'm so scared for it. I thought PY2 was bad but this is way harder :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psycho rebel
How is everyone's revision going for PY4, this exam is so hard and I'm so scared for it. I thought PY2 was bad but this is way harder :frown:

There is a lot to learn!

For the controversy question, are you supposed to evaluate the stuff like you would for the other three topics?
[QUOTE=I Procrastinate;56904373]There is a lot to learn!

For the controversy question, are you supposed to evaluate the stuff like you would for the other three topics?

Yeah you still have to evaluate it in detail to get high A02 marks, when writing it though show an argument for e.g. For psychology as a science include for and against and make sure you have plenty of examples for the points you make
Yeah you still have to evaluate it in detail to get high A02 marks, when writing it though show an argument for e.g. For psychology as a science include for and against and make sure you have plenty of examples for the points you make

Let me know if you have any questions too!
Reply 4
I am so scared of sitting this paper. It's just a memory test, and I've been so busy ensuring I don't fail my other exams that I'm running out of time to learn all these essays! :frown: The paper seems impossible. Could it be that anyone has actually managed an a in this paper, while still attaining respectable grades in their other subjects?
Original post by PegMeg24
I am so scared of sitting this paper. It's just a memory test, and I've been so busy ensuring I don't fail my other exams that I'm running out of time to learn all these essays! :frown: The paper seems impossible. Could it be that anyone has actually managed an a in this paper, while still attaining respectable grades in their other subjects?

I agree, I feel it is impossible to memorise all essays. The mean mark for last years PY4 paper was a D which shows that it must be really hard to achieve even a C grade. 49 marks was a C so roughly they needed 12/13 out of 25 marks in each essay to achieve that. :frown:
I'm really stuck with disorders of sleep. i'm trying to cut down on my description for insomnia-it's just so long!
[QUOTE=I Procrastinate;56931131]I'm really stuck with disorders of sleep. i'm trying to cut down on my description for insomnia-it's just so long!

I really don't like that essay...my A01 for insomnia is kinda short tbh basically I just described what insomnia is then I gave a brief explanation of primary and secondary insomnia. I have a feeling that either disorders of sleep or theories of sleep will come up in the exam
I really don't like that essay...my A01 for insomnia is kinda short tbh basically I just described what insomnia is then I gave a brief explanation of primary and secondary insomnia. I have a feeling that either disorders of sleep or theories of sleep will come up in the exam

That's what i've done, it's about 144 words, but then i've also included another 100 words for FFI, but i also evaluated it too.
I managed to cut it down though!

I hate this one :frown: Well, i hate all of the unconscious essays.
[QUOTE=I Procrastinate;56936139]That's what i've done, it's about 144 words, but then i've also included another 100 words for FFI, but i also evaluated it too.
I managed to cut it down though!

I hate this one :frown: Well, i hate all of the unconscious essays.

Oh that's good as long as your able to write it in 40 mins. I did a mock yesterday and I was only able to write 3 essays in 2 h 30 mins- I'm going to really struggle for timing in the exam :frown:
Reply 10
What essays do you all think will come up ?
Original post by Livvv97

Controversies- psychology as a science and free will/determinism
relationships- benefits of relationships or maybe cultural variations
Levels of consciousness- theories of sleep
Abnormal- aetiologies or treatments of schizophrenia

These are only guesses by looking at past papers but don't take my word for it because they may all be wrong
Original post by Livvv97

Controversies- psychology as a science and free will/determinism
relationships- benefits of relationships or maybe cultural variations
Levels of consciousness- theories of sleep
Abnormal- aetiologies or treatments of schizophrenia

These are only guesses by looking at past papers but don't take my word for it because they may all be wrong

controv=agree
levels of con=agree
abnormal=aetiology of schizophrenia
Memory=role of emotions or forgetting in memory
Reply 13
Original post by I Procrastinate
controv=agree
levels of con=agree
abnormal=aetiology of schizophrenia
Memory=role of emotions or forgetting in memory

Been thinking the same as both of you for controversies and abnormality (I do crime and relationships for the other 2 though)
Reply 14
got an A in the mock for PY4 but now i think i'l get a C at best, too much ****ing information its pathetic that psychology is essentially a memory game... ive gone over like 7/20 essays and still have my bio5 exam to do 1 day later after this.. don't think PY4 is gonna go so well
Reply 15
Original post by TM96
got an A in the mock for PY4 but now i think i'l get a C at best, too much ****ing information its pathetic that psychology is essentially a memory game... ive gone over like 7/20 essays and still have my bio5 exam to do 1 day later after this.. don't think PY4 is gonna go so well

In the exact same situation, going to fail both
Reply 16
Original post by Livvv97
In the exact same situation, going to fail both

been thinking about it, u can just do 3 essays and still get an A technically, you'll need to know them in depth, even if you don't it would definitely be possible to get a B at least, skipping an entire topic out may help...
correct me if i'm wrong they ask 5 Q's 2 controversies and 1Q from each of the other topics so you could just get away with doing 3 to a high standard... let me know what you think lol... i don't wanna compromise by bio grade for this bull**** PY4 exam
Reply 17
Original post by TM96
been thinking about it, u can just do 3 essays and still get an A technically, you'll need to know them in depth, even if you don't it would definitely be possible to get a B at least, skipping an entire topic out may help...
correct me if i'm wrong they ask 5 Q's 2 controversies and 1Q from each of the other topics so you could just get away with doing 3 to a high standard... let me know what you think lol... i don't wanna compromise by bio grade for this bull**** PY4 exam

Yeah you're right if you learn 15/20 essays you'll only lose 25 marks and can still get an A, I'm just learning the essays most likely to come up (narrowed to 12) and just hoping for the best
Reply 18
Original post by Livvv97
Yeah you're right if you learn 15/20 essays you'll only lose 25 marks and can still get an A, I'm just learning the essays most likely to come up (narrowed to 12) and just hoping for the best

12 including all topics? if you skip the ones that came up last year then skip 1 topic then 12 would be possible and even relatively easy... i wish i thought about this a week or 2 before the exam, it would have helped a lot :s-smilie:
Reply 19
i've never been so scared for an exam in my life

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending