The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nakass
Does that mean I need 100% UMS from C4 to get the A* if I hace 59-60 in C3?

Idk maybe, lets hope a lot of people missed out Q9 lol
Original post by Dalek1099
I messed up the tangent question but I think I probably got about 70 or 71 on the paper but this means I might not even have 90 UMS so I really need to get cracking at some C4 over the weekend, as I haven't attempted any papers yet to ensure I get an A* in Maths.I am extremely confident I have already got the A* in Further Maths, due to the increased flexibility compared to Maths.

Dude, you got a comfortable 90 UMS there, well done!
Original post by Fanta4TheBanter
You need a total of at least 180/200 UMS across C3/C4 and then a total of at least 480/600 across the 6 units from AS and A2 (C1,C2,C3,C4 and 2 applied modules).
Hope this made sense.

so if u get full marks in c1, c2, s1 at AS level, would it improve your chances of getting an A or even an A* at A2?
Original post by frozo123
yeah haha
so hm around 72
lets say 75 to be safe

bruh, i don't speak ums. what's '72' or '75' in grade terms? an A?
Original post by theDanIdentity
bruh, i don't speak ums. what's '72' or '75' in grade terms? an A?

how do you not know this brah B init
Original post by TSR-addict
so if u get full marks in c1, c2, s1 at AS level, would it improve your chances of getting an A or even an A* at A2?

C1,C2 and S1 will significantly help you towards getting an A grade(480/600) although they will only help you get an A* by helping you fulfil the (480/600) UMS requirement, you still need 180/200 over C3 and C4 as well as (480/600) UMS overall to get an A*.
Original post by TeeEm
72 UMS average on the remaining two should do it (total of 144 or more)
Careful because S2, is generally a difficult module to achieve a very high mark.
Aim high on C4

1) you may have just saved my uni place ! ahahahahah.

2) thanks for the IGYB papers btw; they were a massive help (compared to the ******** idiotic, barbaric, ********; cave-men times; past papers that those ******* gave us to prepare for this series of exams)

3) just to clarify; a '72' ums; is a B, right?

4) it's completely impossible to achieve an A* overall with my conditions/situation; isn't it.
Original post by TSR-addict

AS's help towards getting past the 480/600 threshold, but don't count towards an A* in single maths. It helps towards getting an A significantly.
The bloody range questions crucify me now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seriously guys, would you please stop talking about "question 10"? It doesn't exist and it's scaring the **** out of people I know that already missed out question 9!
Original post by frozo123
haven't got a clue what you're on about

Question 5c?
The tangent to the curve at P cuts the y-axis at the point A.
Use calculus to find the coordinates of A.

Even the unofficial mark scheme had mentioned 1/20pi..
Original post by pinksmartiee
Question 5c?
The tangent to the curve at P cuts the y-axis at the point A.
Use calculus to find the coordinates of A.

Even the unofficial mark scheme had mentioned 1/20pi..

what about it?
Original post by theDanIdentity
1) you may have just saved my uni place ! ahahahahah.

2) thanks for the IGYB papers btw; they were a massive help (compared to the ******** idiotic, barbaric, ********; cave-men times; past papers that those ******* gave us to prepare for this series of exams)

3) just to clarify; a '72' ums; is a B, right?

4) it's completely impossible to achieve an A* overall with my conditions/situation; isn't it.

I mean 72% (UMS)
(A* is unrealistic unless you achieve 100 in C4)
I think on the question asking for the point it crossed the y axis I did it for the x axis. In my working I worked out the gradient correctly, worked out the equation of the line correctly, but put y=0 instead of x=0. I still got pi/3 as c, so I did have the intersection on y in the question.

How many marks would I lose?
Reply 3435
Original post by TeeEm
I mean 72% (UMS)
(A* is unrealistic unless you achieve 100 in C4)

A* is not possible unless you have at least 80 ums in C3.
will i get ecf marks if i messed up the iterative formula by not putting the "-1" in the calculator?
and i got up to the y - (pi/2) = (1/24pi) (x - 4pi^2) but didn't have time to work out A, how many marks would i lose? and for 8b i got tanx = -1/3 but used degrees by mistake?
How many marks for each of these answers? Could anyone care to help? :colondollar: pretty please

1)c) cot(pheta-45) = 1/tan(pheta-45)

2)c) I stupidly only solved the answer for one of the values, which was In(3.5)

3)c) k>1 and k<-1 --> forgot to multiply it by 2 root 5

8)b) I made (cos A + sin A)/(cosA - sinA) = 1/2 ... then I made (cosA+ sinA = 1)

9)b) and c) ... for 9b I found du/dx=1 and dv/=1 but I used the product rule instead of the quotient rule so I got the answer wrong. For 9c I said k is negative so my wrong dy/dx will always be positive (I even subbed in two figures to back it up and I concluded that it was an increasing function)

So many stupid mistakes...and I know I am pushing my luck with those answers, but if I were get or 1 or even 2 more marks from those them I would feel more secure haha
Grade boundaries I suspect will be low for several reasons;

The sneaky question 9.
Giving alpha in degrees instead of radians.
Two 'state a reason' questions. Nobody likes words in maths.
Several conflicts of accuracy between those who sat it.
Loads of places to leak marks like the asymptote.
A tricky overall paper. Nobody found that easy, not even you.
Every question in that paper would make a gold paper, but would be one of the earlier questions,

52 B
59 A
66 A*
100UMS will not be 75. That I can guarantee

P.S where can I vote for the difficulty?
(edited 8 years ago)
What grade / UMS would 54 be?

Latest

Trending

Trending