The Student Room Group

Economics AQA Unit 4 2015

Haven't found anything for this unit on here, so how's everyone feeling for this? Any ideas of what might come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Dreaming Dreamer
Haven't found anything for this unit on here, so how's everyone feeling for this? Any ideas of what might come up?

I think monetary policy and globalisation might come up
Original post by Jurge
I think monetary policy and globalisation might come up

So what would the questions be exactly? and how'd they relate them to international context?
How many ums would you need to get an A overall in Eco? (AS+A2)
Original post by ridirahman
how many ums would you need to get an a overall in eco? (as+a2)

360=a*
320=a
280=b
240=c
200=d
Let it rain Peter Cramp.

Remember what you're looking for here isn't wondrous economics, but a formulaic style. He raises some good points, but none are particularly outside the box. You should really get a feel for this after reading around 5 of them.
Original post by Matty campo
360=a*
320=a
280=b
240=c
200=d

Nope.
You only need 320, as with the A, but you need a 90% average between ECON3 and ECON4 to get the A*
Monetary Policy would be nice
I'm thinking since Unit 3 was pretty decent, so Unit 4 is going to be super hard to make up for it, as that tends to be the norm.

Here's what I reckon will come up as the two context questions:

Oil prices

Deflation and its impact on the UK

Reply 9
Original post by chrishadfield
Let it rain Peter Cramp.

Remember what you're looking for here isn't wondrous economics, but a formulaic style. He raises some good points, but none are particularly outside the box. You should really get a feel for this after reading around 5 of them.

These are great. Thank you so much.
Reply 10
Much truth to the rumours that some AQA Unit 4 papers were stolen so new papers are being prepared (although I'm sure they would have others prepared) ? If so deflation regarding the UK a very likely topic to come up.
Reply 11
Any other predictions?
Original post by HugeA
Much truth to the rumours that some AQA Unit 4 papers were stolen so new papers are being prepared (although I'm sure they would have others prepared) ? If so deflation regarding the UK a very likely topic to come up.

I'm not so sure. If anything I think the questions will be similar to what the original ones would have been so that they don't have to change mark schemes too much. Papers are tested a couple of years before with students before they go into circulation to ensure the questions are accessible to the country. I doubt they'll just magic up new questions that are completely unrelated to things that have come up before because they don't have enough time to test them.

If they really have had to re-write papers, the questions will be synonyms of ones that have come up before or edited versions of what were stolen.
Original post by HugeA

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jun/11/exams-rewritten-after-van-containing-papers-stolen

So it appears the rumors are true, tbh anything could come up, not necessarily deflation, but I am hoping it is, that would be a great question
http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/jun/11/exams-rewritten-after-van-containing-papers-stolen

So it appears the rumors are true, tbh anything could come up, not necessarily deflation, but I am hoping it is, that would be a great question

How long you guys spending on Econ4 revision each day, taken into ccount your other subjects?. you guys just reading through you notes or..?
Reply 15
Original post by chrishadfield
Let it rain Peter Cramp.

You're doing the lord's work son
Pin
Original post by Maaarviin
How long you guys spending on Econ4 revision each day, taken into ccount your other subjects?. you guys just reading through you notes or..?

I have only started proper revision today because of last weeks exams, but before that I went through all the questions.

Just focus on the structure of the exam and timings, make essay plans, read up on econ for application and but obviously if you don't know the content that is paramount.
I'm thinking since Unit 3 was pretty decent, so Unit 4 is going to be super hard to make up for it, as that tends to be the norm.

Here's what I reckon will come up as the two context questions:

Oil prices

Deflation and its impact on the UK

Remember that threse exam papers are written 18 months in advance if the exam, at the time deflation was no rush to the uk (but the oil prices had just started to fall so there may be something on that, although i doubt it, it's to eat a topic for a2 really).

It'll be interesting to see what Europe context question they use, they've prey much exhausted all possible questions by now.
Original post by leinad2012
Remember that threse exam papers are written 18 months in advance if the exam, at the time deflation was no rush to the uk (but the oil prices had just started to fall so there may be something on that, although i doubt it, it's to eat a topic for a2 really).

It'll be interesting to see what Europe context question they use, they've prey much exhausted all possible questions by now.

That being said, fears existed about it possibly happening and it has occurred in Europe, which is why I don't think its a dead certain either way.

That's true about the European context, but I'm sure they'll find something perhaps something around Russia?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending