The Student Room Group

Latin A2 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by memoona123456
Me and one other found it hard. 2 other students found it easier/ easy but they're going to Oxford and Cambridge respectively and they're super clever so not surprising!

Ah right! Well the two others who did the exam with me are also going to Oxbridge!!!
I guess I will have just have to get 100% on the dreaded Tacitus... which will never happen in a million years :frown:
Reply 361
I found the translation hard. But everything else was okay!
Original post by sootyrabbit123
Ah right! Well the two others who did the exam with me are also going to Oxbridge!!!
I guess I will have just have to get 100% on the dreaded Tacitus... which will never happen in a million years :frown:

Best of luck! The fact we have come this far speaks a lot in itself :smile:
I'm supposed to be going to Oxford too... not so sure after that exam!
Can anyone write a rough idea of what they put for the translation??
What I put didn't make sense:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by platypus1997
Can anyone write a rough idea of what they put for the translation??

Let's not because it'll worry us throughout summer. Let's just put it behind us and move on and think about out next exam.
Best of luck! The fact we have come this far speaks a lot in itself :smile:

You too!!! :smile:
Let's not because it'll worry us throughout summer. Let's just put it behind us and move on and think about out next exam.

Ok but can anyone remember what they put for conciperet?!
Original post by platypus1997
Ok but can anyone remember what they put for conciperet?!

I put "conceive". A later question told you what it meant 😊
Original post by Bonusbandit

Yeah it just didn't really fit with flammas
Reply 371
What do we think grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Bonusbandit

damn....not what I put.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fxcku
What do we think grade boundaries will be?

Hmmm average because I think generally people found the language harder but the lit nicer so it might just even out?
I was pretty happy - had practised that exact Virgil question in class :smile: But that meant I kind of had too much to say, so it probably all came out in a massive brain splurge, and didn’t make much sense. And I didn’t really get round to the most relevant points… so a bit of a wasted opportunity :’(

And the language bit was REALLY tricky :’( I got really confused by the line in the translation that had all the stuff about ‘quo mare, quo tellus’ - am I missing something obvious?

And I don’t know anyone else who took the exam, so I can’t even compare notes :’(
Original post by KnittyKitty
I was pretty happy - had practised that exact Virgil question in class :smile: But that meant I kind of had too much to say, so it probably all came out in a massive brain splurge, and didn’t make much sense. And I didn’t really get round to the most relevant points… so a bit of a wasted opportunity :’(

And the language bit was REALLY tricky :’( I got really confused by the line in the translation that had all the stuff about ‘quo mare, quo tellus’ - am I missing something obvious?

And I don’t know anyone else who took the exam, so I can’t even compare notes :’(

The quo but was weird yeah
Did it go with tempus?
Original post by KnittyKitty

I'm the only one doing latin too. There where loads of stupid year 11s that finished an exam in the middle of mine. They were really loud which didn't help. I'm the only one in every one of my subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 377
I think if everyone found the language difficult and the translation was especially difficult they might lower the boundaries?
Original post by kate_maria
I'm the only one doing latin too. There where loads of stupid year 11s that finished an exam in the middle of mine. They were really loud which didn't help. I'm the only one in every one of my subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's three of us in Latin but I'm the only one in greek
Which subjects do you do?
Original post by Fxcku
I think if everyone found the language difficult and the translation was especially difficult they might lower the boundaries?

Yeah I did think the translation passage was mean!

Quick Reply