The Student Room Group

OCR B Salter's Chemistry by Design F335 - 15th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pinkgorilla
Oh okay. Have you got a list of the reactions involved in the nitrogen cycle by any chance ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its in storylines. Which is collecting dust in my room somewhere.
Original post by LordGaben
I think its in storylines. Which is collecting dust in my room somewhere.

Could you take a picture please? I don't have access to the storylines books :frown:
Has anyone got the past paper for June 2014? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think someone uploaded it on the other thread for f334..I think so.
Can someone explain to me what a conjugate acid and base are? I still dont understand this
Original post by radhikagulati
Could you take a picture please? I don't have access to the storylines books :frown:

I dont either.
I use these links -

http://apocketmerlin.tumblr.com/post/38093864144/nitrogen-cycle-the-role-of-living-organisms

http://www.4college.co.uk/a/aa/nitrogen.php
Original post by radhikagulati

Yh sure. They came out landscape when I uploaded sorry :/
Yh sure. They came out landscape when I uploaded sorry :/

Thanks!!!
what is a strong base?
Original post by Shostakovish
what is a strong base?

I wasn't sure on this either, maybe a base that completely dissociates in water (this could be completely wrong).

Does anybody know why for a very weak acid [H+] = [A-] causes the biggest inaccuracy in doing calculations?
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
I wasn't sure on this either, maybe a base that completely dissociates in water (this could be completely wrong).

Does anybody know why for a very weak acid [H+] = [A-] causes the biggest inaccuracy in doing calculations?

I thought the biggest innacuracy was the conc of HA being equal to the initial concentration of acid added.
Oh just realised its very weak. Maybe because few HA molecules dissociated so few H+ ions came from the acid? That might mean that protons supplied by the water becomes more significant.
(edited 8 years ago)
I thought the biggest innacuracy was the conc of HA being equal to the initial concentration of acid added.
Oh just realised its very weak. Maybe because few HA molecules dissociated so few H+ ions came from the acid? That might mean that protons supplied by the water becomes more significant.

Why would the water be supplying protons?
Why would the water be supplying protons?

Yh that confused me a bit as well. It said in revision guide that protons supplied by water is insignificant compared to protons supplied by acid
Yh that confused me a bit as well. It said in revision guide that protons supplied by water is insignificant compared to protons supplied by acid

I don't really get it :frown: I'll try and search for it jn the textbook or something
I don't really get it :frown: I'll try and search for it jn the textbook or something

Where did you find the question?
Where did you find the question?

I didn't, I read an examiners report and they said that for very weak weak acids [H+]=[A-] causes the biggest inaccuracy but for stronger weak acids [HA]=[HA] does. I'm thinking it might come up because they usually ask about the stronger weak acids and I dontt think they've ever asked about the very weak weak acids
Anyone know the common 5/6 mark questions that come up in f335??
I am not ready for this exam.
I am so scared.
Oh god.
Original post by Jasminee18
Anyone know the common 5/6 mark questions that come up in f335??

Buffer solution is one: Explain meaning of the term buffer solutions and explain why buffer solutions are found in our bodies
Reply 59
As I'm sure you all know F334 was a bloodbath. I worry that F335 is going to be just as awful. Does anyone have any advice on how to comprehend the questions quickly? You can sit there and read the question through but it saps precious time so there's a trade-off. Also is there anything in particular I should focus my revision on over the weekend apart from just stuff I'm not sure about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending