The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rosschaps
You're not really helping us here. We were told that we would hear within 10 days. You seem to be so sure that no-one will hear today, in fact you seem to say people will not hear for weeks. All this does is confuse people, as you have nothing to back this up. Please save your unhelpful and sarcastic comments for elsewhere as I am sure we all agree they are not welcome here.

Cool. Now learn to read please, and don't put words into my mouth.

Original post by srbd
Haha I know the feeling as well, my employer has assured me that 'if it all falls through' I can keep my job!! I'm sure they don't believe me!

Had an interesting conversation today with an Senior Civil Servant about the apprenticeship scheme and he was really positive about it, but warned against being over-confident particularly with senior staff. Although most people on this thread seem lovely, there seems to be some know it all's who could do with taking this tip onboard!!

Completely agree. Some of these people should also learn to use very common sense and not spread around rumors that deadlines for hearing back are today.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by rosschaps
You're not really helping us here. We were told that we would hear within 10 days. You seem to be so sure that no-one will hear today, in fact you seem to say people will not hear for weeks. All this does is confuse people, as you have nothing to back this up. Please save your unhelpful and sarcastic comments for elsewhere as I am sure we all agree they are not welcome here.

Not being funny or anything but you've got your job, you might well just have to wait a little while to know the exact specifics.

If your still waiting it is hell as you can't prepare for anything else until you've got confirmation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back about operational delivery again today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1103
Original post by Clifmister
Anyone heard back about operational delivery again today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm patiently waiting too.
Original post by Miyata
Cool. Now learn to read please, and don't put words into my mouth.

Completely agree. Some of these people should also learn to use very common sense and not spread around rumors that deadlines for hearing back are today.

Pretty sure that you are one of the people who could do with taking that tip on board... Really hoping I never end up working with you...
Original post by londonkid2015
Not being funny or anything but you've got your job, you might well just have to wait a little while to know the exact specifics.

If your still waiting it is hell as you can't prepare for anything else until you've got confirmation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, maybe I was a bit over the top... Well not maybe, but either way, I was trying to tell people how it is, not the crap some of them are spreading here about deadlines for finding out locations being today. Some of these people should look at all the previous posts, how many times people asked at assessment centres, and phone calls, and were told they will be hearing back until mid June. Considering all the weekends, offers will still be going out strongly next week, probably until end of next week. So many still didn't hear back with frameworks. So how can location deadlines be today? Geez... this is common sense.

And then there will be people who will have rejected them. And they will have to start offering those offers to candidates they weren't so sure about. Then, after they are sure about some of candidates, whom they won't be taking, they will start sending rejections.

And don't forget locations. Some of these people on here are still saying deadlines for locations are today, when there is still so many people who had "you were successful at assessment centre" emails and haven't heard back? Just because 1 email says within next 10 days, doesn't mean its right. I would rather believe 10s of candidates who asked at assessment centre, and me, and on the phones, about actual progress with the applications, all of whom were told mid June or so.

Not my fault that some people still don't understand this after I tried explaining not once, but twice.

Original post by Clear1996
Pretty sure that you are one of the people who could do with taking that tip on board... Really hoping I never end up working with you...

Don't worry, I would rather move departments/teams than work with someone as clueless as you. You would just bring team's efforts down.
(edited 8 years ago)
Everybody take 5, have a glass of water, relax yourself and then start typing again.
Reply 1107
To those involved in the operational delivery apprenticeship scheme - what is the salary expected?

Not that it matters because I'd take anything lol! I'd just like to estimate my monthly salary after travel costs etc :smile:
Original post by Moon25
To those involved in the operational delivery apprenticeship scheme - what is the salary expected?

Not that it matters because I'd take anything lol! I'd just like to estimate my monthly salary after travel costs etc :smile:

Well, I didn't apply for Operational delivery so I am not sure, however on their website it says minimum starting salary for it is £15,000. Which is pretty good for what I believe is an advanced level apprenticeship(?) As this is above national minimum wage. And it could possibly be even higher, as it depends on department, but it shouldn't be any lower than that.

Direct quote:

Minimum starting salary of £19,500 for Fast Track Apprentices and £15,000 for Operational Delivery Apprentices depending on department and location.

Source:

I also saw some people on here complaining about the pay, which puzzles me. They seem not to understand that this is an apprenticeship, and they do not even have to pay national minimum wage, let alone almost 1.5x national minimum wage.

According to the government, they can pay us only £2.73 if you are younger than 19. And even if you are 19 or older, for first year it still can be only £2.73, and then minimum wage in your second year. So getting triple that is pretty good even for higher level apprenticeship. I haven't seen any apprenticeship paying more than this.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1109
Original post by Miyata
Well, I didn't apply for Operational delivery so I am not sure, however on their website it says minimum starting salary for it is £15,000. Which is pretty good for what I believe is an advanced level apprenticeship(?) As this is above national minimum wage. And it could possibly be even higher, as it depends on department, but it shouldn't be any lower than that.

Direct quote:

Source:

I also saw some people on here complaining about the pay, which puzzles me. They seem not to understand that this is an apprenticeship, and they do not even have to pay national minimum wage, let alone almost 1.5x national minimum wage.

According to the government, they can pay us only £2.73 if you are younger than 19. And even if you are 19 or older, for first year it still can be only £2.73, and then minimum wage in your second year. So getting triple that is pretty good even for higher level apprenticeship. I haven't seen any apprenticeship paying more than this.

Thank you for the reply and for the source!! That's magic - I've only recently turned 18 so I'd take the minimum any day of the week :biggrin:
I never even thought to ask in the interview.

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by Moon25
Thank you for the reply and for the source!! That's magic - I've only recently turned 18 so I'd take the minimum any day of the week :biggrin:
I never even thought to ask in the interview.

Thanks again :smile:

Np. Yeah, and it's above national wage actually. Plus could be getting more, depending on department/location. That's a great addition to the main reason we applied - to get qualifications and experience so we could do similar type of work. More than likely they will be offering you a full time position after you complete this, or higher level program, with better pay, as there is no reason for them to waste money to train you and then not hire you. it's well worth it no matter the pay, and with the pay being this good is just another great addition.
I'm rather surprised that we are actually going to be on the EO grade for the Fast Track at all, actually. If you look at the pay scales you'll notice that there is HEO grade for pay, then there is Fast Stream HEO, which seems to be more like the EO pay. I guess we're lucky they haven't (yet!) introduced a Fast Track or Op Delivery pay grade.

All in all, a fab starting salary, I agree. Even a fab salary doesn't go far in London though. A couple years in and we'll all be sitting pretty comfy I reckon!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Miyata
True, maybe I was a bit over the top... Well not maybe, but either way, I was trying to tell people how it is, not the crap some of them are spreading here about deadlines for finding out locations being today. Some of these people should look at all the previous posts, how many times people asked at assessment centres, and phone calls, and were told they will be hearing back until mid June. Considering all the weekends, offers will still be going out strongly next week, probably until end of next week. So many still didn't hear back with frameworks. So how can location deadlines be today? Geez... this is common sense.

And then there will be people who will have rejected them. And they will have to start offering those offers to candidates they weren't so sure about. Then, after they are sure about some of candidates, whom they won't be taking, they will start sending rejections.

And don't forget locations. Some of these people on here are still saying deadlines for locations are today, when there is still so many people who had "you were successful at assessment centre" emails and haven't heard back? Just because 1 email says within next 10 days, doesn't mean its right. I would rather believe 10s of candidates who asked at assessment centre, and me, and on the phones, about actual progress with the applications, all of whom were told mid June or so.

Not my fault that some people still don't understand this after I tried explaining not once, but twice.

Don't worry, I would rather move departments/teams than work with someone as clueless as you. You would just bring team's efforts down.

I don't understand why you are being so patronising. People are on here to help each other out, not act like a know-it-all and be rude to those who just want a bit of advise. With attitude like yours I am very surprised you even received an offer! Don't waste people's time by being rude and unhelpful.

Like everyone else I am waiting on location and department and am just excited to know where I am going to be working!!
(Digital & Technology - London) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well this thread has certainly developed since I last read it yesterday..
Reply 1114
Anybody had any offers for Operational Delivery today?
Original post by Habanna
I don't understand why you are being so patronising. People are on here to help each other out, not act like a know-it-all and be rude to those who just want a bit of advise. With attitude like yours I am very surprised you even received an offer! Don't waste people's time by being rude and unhelpful.

Like everyone else I am waiting on location and department and am just excited to know where I am going to be working!!
(Digital & Technology - London) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was helpful. if you would reread all the posts, you would see it, unless you just skimmed or ignored them. I was explaining the situation to some deluded people who were scaring other people (who haven't heard back yet), and believed deadline for finding out locations is today, when probably half of the people still did not hear back about which framework they have been accepted to. And explained it twice before being "patronising".

I am surprised how some of the others got in, considering there are people on here strongly lacking in common sense. It's not rocket science what I said. Looking at what 10s of other people heard back from the people at assessment centre, and when calling them up - and being told they are still giving offers out until mid June or so, and then just 1 email saying "over next 10 days".
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Urban_Spaceman
I'm rather surprised that we are actually going to be on the EO grade for the Fast Track at all, actually. If you look at the pay scales you'll notice that there is HEO grade for pay, then there is Fast Stream HEO, which seems to be more like the EO pay. I guess we're lucky they haven't (yet!) introduced a Fast Track or Op Delivery pay grade.

All in all, a fab starting salary, I agree. Even a fab salary doesn't go far in London though. A couple years in and we'll all be sitting pretty comfy I reckon!

Yeah from what I've seen HEO salaries tend to be around the £31k mark but HEO-D (Fast Stream) are £27.5k and I think it stays like that for 4 years but they're likely to be in a grade 7 job after the fast stream.

And yeah it is nice to be coming in at EO grade, compared to other apprenticeships I've seen most of them offer administrative positions so it's good to be joining at EO grade, gives us a chance to move up the ranks quicker!
Does anyone know if psychiatric health will be considered in the health check? For example, could someone with a documented suicide attempt (with no further issues), in NHS medical notes still pass the basic health check?

Cheers
For those asking if places are still being handed out, then yes. I have just received my offer a few hours ago. So don't be disappointed just yet!
Original post by johnny06031995
Does anyone know if psychiatric health will be considered in the health check? For example, could someone with a documented suicide attempt (with no further issues), in NHS medical notes still pass the basic health check?

Cheers

You have to declare it, but no it can't affect you and they ant discriminate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending