The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Randomz96
Guys could some nice person tell me how many marks I lost and guess ums, I think I made the following mistakes: 1)b) I left my answer with sqrt the whole thing and a +- infront of it. 2) a ) my asymptote was -3 not -5 . I then reflected this for part ii so my ii asymptote way y=3 will I get ecf?And finally for 8)a) I only expanded the left hand side to 1+2sinacosa on to and 1-2sin^2 a on the bottom .I need a maths a* for uni so I'm worried since 8a) was 5 marks .Thanks

I guess u lost 10 marks max if those were the only ques u got wrong! That should get u an A* considering how many people messed up sooo many ques! Dont worry nd just work hard for c4
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE=TeeEm;56940033]real shame and so obvious ...
I hope the marking scheme works in your favour as much as possible

Yeah I know! But it was one of the only thinks I got wrong so hopefully could still get an A* especially if the grade boundaries are low. Thanks!
Reply 3482
Original post by mintyboy
I'm in the same position as you.I need that A* how did I not see the last question?

Me toooooo I am so annoyed with myself! Saw it with like 2mins to go! Goodbye A* :frown::frown::frown:
What did everyone get for 10 b and c? I only had like 5 mins to do the entire question because I didn't think there was 10 questions!
Hey guys i wrote (sqrt)20 instead of 2(sqrt)5.
The reason i wrote this is because is past papers they specifically wanted it as a whole surd so that's what i put as my answer. Would I drop marks for this or not?
Original post by JulianS96
Hey guys i wrote (sqrt)20 instead of 2(sqrt)5.
The reason i wrote this is because is past papers they specifically wanted it as a whole surd so that's what i put as my answer. Would I drop marks for this or not?

You should be fine
Original post by e1997
Anyone else miss the last question? Gutted

Question 9?
[QUOTE=anonwinner;56940293]What did everyone get for 10 b and c? I only had like 5 mins to do the entire question because I didn't think there was 10 questions!

There was only 9 questions I checked on the front of the exam!
IM pretty sure there was only 9 questions?
Reply 3489
Original post by Zenarthra
Question 9?

Yep :/
Original post by Elolel
Even if u got 100s in c1 c2 u wont get an A* bcuz for A* u need 90% for c3 c4 combined!

Cheers all. So getting full ums on all AS Units, only really helps to get an A overall?
Original post by e1997
Yep :/

How dumb as some people.
I doubted myself and he scared me for a second.
I finished with 15minutes spare time and ran through the paper more than 5 times.
Did not see a question 10, so i would be pissed if there was.
Before the exam and after 😓ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434131353.943691.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434131364.322837.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3493
How dumb as some people.
I doubted myself and he scared me for a second.
I finished with 15minutes spare time and ran through the paper more than 5 times.
Did not see a question 10, so i would be pissed if there was.

im not dumb
Original post by TSR-addict
Cheers all. So getting full ums on all AS Units, only really helps to get an A overall?

Yuppp
Original post by e1997
im not dumb

OOHH my bad, you missed out question 9?
how was the rest of the paper?
Reply 3497
OOHH my bad, you missed out question 9?
how was the rest of the paper?

Haha no worries! it wasn't the worst (apart from me missing the last one) but the proof was tricky!
Original post by e1997
Haha no worries! it wasn't the worst (apart from me missing the last one) but the proof was tricky!

Yeah was tricky, took me a good 10-15minutes to figure it out.
I was thinking about it while doing the other questions. lol
Sometimes i cant think of the answer straight away, but then come back to it and i've got the answer for some strange reason.
looking at arsey's answers I think I got around 65 on this paper, does anyone have an idea to what UMS roughly this would be? (I think I ****ed up big time on M1 so I need a rough guide for what I need in C4 for an A overall). I got 256 UMS last year

Latest

Trending

Trending