The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elliemay97
Does anyone know when the official grade boundaries come out? Is it the night before results day?

I think it's the day before results day.
Original post by anonwinner
Been aiming for an A* but I might legit end up with a B depending on how much i messed up M1... Think I got around 65/75 in C3 though, need to do well in C4!

I think that'll be an a* due to low grade boundaries! It's normally 67/75 for an a* so 65/75 is perfectly reasonable for a hard paper.
Original post by e1997
Me toooooo I am so annoyed with myself! Saw it with like 2mins to go! Goodbye A* :frown::frown::frown:

As if we don't feel bad enough there are people saying there were 10
Is there a c4 thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elliemay97
Do people think this paper was harder than June 2013??

June 13 wasnt actually a hard paper, grade boundaries are representative of the paper mixup, so for that reason id say yes it was harder. However the grade boundaries will be far less generous than the June 13 ones if thats what you were hoping for :wink:
Original post by Johann von Gauss
*pi

* π

:hahaha:
Original post by Randomz96
Arsey didn't use a +- , I assume he's right. But then again your right since all we were told was p can't equal 1 or - 1 so theta can take values that make cos negative and the sqrt without the +- can never be negative I think?

I answered this in the solutions thread.

They ought to give full marks for either answer. It is only a 2 marker!

It is a poorly structured Qu

+/- is technically wrong

It is + if the angle is between 0 and 90 or between 270 and 360

It is - if the angle is between 90 and 270

Posted from TSR Mobile
What would 59/75 be in ums?
Do you guys think it's possible to do better on C4 than C3 exam? Honestly? I bloody well need to, I underperformed on my C3 and D1 exams and now I'm terrified of C4. :frown:
Original post by the bear
* π

:hahaha:

Real pi has curves
(edited 8 years ago)
Really need low grade boundaries...
Original post by Arsey
I answered this in the solutions thread.

They ought to give full marks for either answer. It is only a 2 marker!

It is a poorly structured Qu

+/- is technically wrong

It is + if the angle is between 0 and 90 or between 270 and 360

It is - if the angle is between 90 and 270

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo arsey I put R=2root5=4.47 (2dp)
Cus I misread the question lol, will they be mean enough to dock me a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Real pi has curves

now you are being irrational
Original post by ILikeBoats
Do you guys think it's possible to do better on C4 than C3 exam? Honestly? I bloody well need to, I underperformed on my C3 and D1 exams and now I'm terrified of C4. :frown:

Definitely possible! I know someone who hated c3 and loved c4, got an A in c4 and a C in c3! Just depends
Original post by ILikeBoats

Exactly how I feel, so glad I'm not the only one! I messed up the linear programming really bad...
π

Real pi has curves

I must be missing the joke ...
As I do not want to show that I do not get it I must also laugh ...
Original post by isabel-b
Definitely possible! I know someone who hated c3 and loved c4, got an A in c4 and a C in c3! Just depends

Bud I missed the final 2 or 3 marks off of that linear programming but I think in general they gave us WAY too much to do in that D1 exam. Nothing EXTREMELY difficult (i.e. pressure of being the real exam itself made it harder). But still there was too much to do imo in the 90 minutes.
Original post by isabel-b

Can I ask why they loved C4 rather than C3? Just interested. Seems odd. But hell if the paper is easier on Tuesday I will also probably love it forever.

Latest

Trending

Trending