The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
You wont be the first, and you wont be the last hun, just appologise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so annoyed at myself, I was having a good day too before this happened :frown: I'm never allowed to be happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz
Graduating with a 2.2

Bit disappointed but I was expecting it.

TLG is right; all the coolest people get 2:2s. :wink:

Seriously though, you should feel damn proud of yourself for graduating. Well done! :five:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Odd socks
A customer complained about me being on my phone when they came in :/ I'm not going to try and lie and say I wasn't, I'll just need to man up and take my warning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut: I can't believe someone actually went to the trouble of complaining about you. They really need a hobby.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Graduating with a 2.2

Bit disappointed but I was expecting it.

Proud of you! :biggrin:

Original post by ScaryScience
did awfully this year. trying not to be upset but just am. did worse than first year and given I spent most of first year on a planet that wasn't earth im really annoyed/sad. I tried harder this year and just :cry2:

:hugs: Also proud of you for sheer perseverance in the face of an awful lot of suckiness.

I'm so annoyed at myself, I was having a good day too before this happened :frown: I'm never allowed to be happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sockle there's no such thing as being 'allowed' or not allowed to be happy. Nobody's out there specially ensuring that you do or don't enjoy your life (apologies to anyone who believes otherwise! :tongue:). You get to decide to try and be happy or otherwise, and how much to let other people influence that. Saying you're not allowed to be happy is turning yourself into a passive victim of life, which of course is going to suck.

Wolfie's moral of the day: be as awesome as you want to be (in this case, very). :cool:

Also get well soon Panda. :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
:lolwut: I can't believe someone actually went to the trouble of complaining about you. They really need a hobby.

the 'incident' they reported was today between 12 and 1, so they must have literally went straight home and reported me online, like do they not have a life? Even though I know it's unlikely I'm scared I'll get sacked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
Proud of you! :biggrin:

:hugs: Also proud of you for sheer perseverance in the face of an awful lot of suckiness.

Sockle there's no such thing as being 'allowed' or not allowed to be happy. Nobody's out there specially ensuring that you do or don't enjoy your life (apologies to anyone who believes otherwise! :tongue:). You get to decide to try and be happy or otherwise, and how much to let other people influence that. Saying you're not allowed to be happy is turning yourself into a passive victim of life, which of course is going to suck.

Wolfie's moral of the day: be as awesome as you want to be (in this case, very). :cool:

Also get well soon Panda. :hugs:

it's not a person, it's the universe, I'm just not supposed to be happy, I've known for a while. Every time anything is going well for me something **** happens like this and I end up sitting alone and crying like I am now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
the 'incident' they reported was today between 12 and 1, so they must have literally went straight home and reported me online, like do they not have a life? Even though I know it's unlikely I'm scared I'll get sacked

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they really need to get a life. Really hope nothing bad happens to you because of this, hopefully if you apologize they'll accept it - it seems like it would be really harsh for them to sack you over a first offence. :console:
Original post by Tree321
Or maybe make notes on your phone, as im the sort of person that always has my phone to hand, and always like to write down my feelings on there?

Mmm i dont really know what to say to that, but maybe try and distract yourself?

How comes you dont want to go there? Maybe it'll help you more?

Im feeling pretty good recently, just to make sure everyone else is to.

And thats ok xxx

I'm not big on phones. Think I'll write stuff down on paper for next time though, thanks.

I don't want to go to hospital as I've been in one before and it was hell. I can get pretty bad claustrophobia and being in hospital is a trigger for that. I'd also be apart from my wife and would have to take god only knows what kind of drugs. :no:

Glad to hear you're doing well. :smile:
it's not a person, it's the universe, I'm just not supposed to be happy, I've known for a while. Every time anything is going well for me something **** happens like this and I end up sitting alone and crying like I am now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no 'supposed' to be anything. I'm not supposed to be depressed, Saber's not supposed to have psychosis, stuff just happens. And we get to decide what to make of it. The universe doesn't want you to be alone and crying any more than it wants me to win the Olympic gold medal for horse-dancing! The universe doesn't care one way or the other. We on the other hand, care a very great deal about you. :hugs: So no saying you're supposed to be feeling like this, cos it's absolutely not true. :nah:
A customer complained about me being on my phone when they came in :/ I'm not going to try and lie and say I wasn't, I'll just need to man up and take my warning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put oranges through as clementines today :mmm: My supervisor just laughed. Hope it goes ok tomorrow :hugs:

-------

Anyone got any tips on managing the physical symptoms of anxiety? Been struggling a lot the last few days, particularly with chest pain and shaky hands (which results in me dropping change everywhere in work :s-smilie:).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
Anyone got any tips on managing the physical symptoms of anxiety? Been struggling a lot the last few days, particularly with chest pain and shaky hands (which results in me dropping change everywhere in work :s-smilie:).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you tried propranolol? It can really help with the physical symptoms of anxiety. It's also non-addictive (unlike benzos).

Sorry that the only thing I can recommend is medication, hopefully someone else will be able to give you some better advice. :colondollar:
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you tried propranolol? It can really help with the physical symptoms of anxiety. It's also non-addictive (unlike benzos).

Sorry that the only thing I can recommend is medication, hopefully someone else will be able to give you some better advice. :colondollar:

No, I want to stay away from meds if at all possible really. Been off them for about 10 months now and don't really fancy going back on them. Cheers though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
I put oranges through as clementines today :mmm: My supervisor just laughed. Hope it goes ok tomorrow :hugs:

-------

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :hugs: the colleague who warned me that I was in trouble said it happened to him before and he just got a warning that stays on record for 6 months so hopefully that's all I'll get. I hope I don't get sacked. And I really hope I don't cry tomorrow during my warning, I need to find a balance between getting upset and being a bitch because I can very easily end up being one of those 2 things

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks :hugs: the colleague who warned me that I was in trouble said it happened to him before and he just got a warning that stays on record for 6 months so hopefully that's all I'll get. I hope I don't get sacked. And I really hope I don't cry tomorrow during my warning, I need to find a balance between getting upset and being a bitch because I can very easily end up being one of those 2 things

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you won't if it's your first time doing something like this. Just let them know that you're sorry and it won't happen again, there's not much they can say really :hugs:
Original post by Anon #2
I'm sure you won't if it's your first time doing something like this. Just let them know that you're sorry and it won't happen again, there's not much they can say really :hugs:

I'm just so sick of myself, there's nothing good about me at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Big hugs for everyone struggling :grouphugs:

Quote button not working properly but remember WE LOVE YOU SOCKYYYYYYYYYYYYY #TeamSocky
Original post by superwolf
There is no 'supposed' to be anything. I'm not supposed to be depressed, Saber's not supposed to have psychosis, stuff just happens. And we get to decide what to make of it. The universe doesn't want you to be alone and crying any more than it wants me to win the Olympic gold medal for horse-dancing! The universe doesn't care one way or the other. We on the other hand, care a very great deal about you. :hugs: So no saying you're supposed to be feeling like this, cos it's absolutely not true. :nah:

I'm sorry :frown: I guess I just can't help believing in karma and destiny a bit :dontknow:

I know yous care about me, I'm sorry for being crap :frown:

---

I keep crying on and off, I'll stop for a bit and then the show I'm watching will remind me what a **** up I am or how alone I am and it starts again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big hugs for everyone struggling :grouphugs:

Quote button not working properly but remember WE LOVE YOU SOCKYYYYYYYYYYYYY #TeamSocky

:hugs: thanks :redface: I don't deserve it though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9498
Most of the time I feel as if I'm mentally stable and somewhat happy, but I'm so susceptible to these moments where my thoughts turn really cloudy and dark, and there's nothing I can do but wait it out. For instance after most of the exams I've had that haven't gone as planned, I've thought about every question I didn't answer or answer properly, thought about how much it's gonna bring down my grade and push me further from my dream Uni. I need AAB and sometimes it feels like I'll be lucky to get BBC. Then I start to wonder why I even bothered being ambitious in the first place, then I start to conclude that I'm actually pretty stupid and useless, that I should have done more but I spent too much time fooling around, other people have done well so why can't I, etc. Long story short my thoughts spiral with such unrelenting force it seems very difficult for my positive self to get a word in edgeways. Luckily I'm too much of a pussy to go through and act on the suicidal thoughts that I have during these periods but I don't know if it'll always be this way. This habit I feel is seriously impacting my ability to live a high-quality life and achieve what I want, as deep down I don't have a lot of self-belief as it keeps getting shattered.
Sorry if that was convoluted as hell I seriously never vent I don't know how
:hugs: thanks :redface: I don't deserve it though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What have I told you peeps about arguing with TLG? :fuhrer:

:tongue:

Of course you deserve our love, otherwise I wouldn't say it, would I? :hugs:

Latest