The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nbofni
Qzu1zrlK3iJXbwwUb_yr89oPvJBOCSItTL_dBeChOrg.jpgCould someone help me with part (c) on this question?? Parts (a) and (b) were fine, but I just can't seem to get the integration right in part (c)

Which part are you struggling to integrate?
Original post by theoeht
use x = (7100-8)/-9 and sub it into the expansion

That's what I thought, but according to the mark scheme x should equal 0.1
Reply 882
Original post by mar28
I think i need same, done all past papers from 2005-2014 including 13/14 reserves, done international jan14/15 and 2 solomon papers but today couldn't do todays paper at all :frown: Bye University, C4 is going to be very hard too as recently Cores have been getting harder but other modules like S1,M1 and so on have been nicer(thats what people say anyway)

I know what you mean!! Practiced so much for C3 and ended up making a lot of silly mistakes, should be getting 44 raw marks (at the very least, maybe one or two marks higher). Will have to get 100 ums just to scrape a B overall :/ I do think that you'll do great though haha
Original post by Jack_Linaker

hmm, what else have you tried?
Original post by theoeht
hmm, what else have you tried?

Absolutely nothing ahaha. My first thought was to cry, my second thought was to ask TSR, so here I am

change 3rd root7100 to 3r root1000 times root7.1 then 7.1 = 8-9x etc etc
Reply 886
How much is 44 UMS? i don't understand how they convert raws to UMS, i didn't make silly mistakes it was only last question i read it as g of inverse rather than quotent rule other than that made no mistake just had no idea what to do, now concentrate on C4 and D2, fun fun.. I think i got 27 marks, really really bad :frown:
Original post by theoeht

the 3rd root 1000 just becomes 10 and x = 0.1 and then times everything by this 10 at the end
Original post by theoeht

That makes a lot of sense, cheers!
Reply 889
How much is 44 UMS? i don't understand how they convert raws to UMS, i didn't make silly mistakes it was only last question i read it as g of inverse rather than quotent rule other than that made no mistake just had no idea what to do, now concentrate on C4 and D2, fun fun.. I think i got 27 marks, really really bad
Original post by mar28
how much is 44 ums? I don't understand how they convert raws to ums, i didn't make silly mistakes it was only last question i read it as g of inverse rather than quotent rule other than that made no mistake just had no idea what to do, now concentrate on c4 and d2, fun fun.. I think i got 27 marks, really really bad :frown:

90ums = a*
80ums = a
70ums = b
60ums = c
50ums = d
40ums = e
That makes a lot of sense, cheers!

No problem, what past paper is it in?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 892
Original post by theoeht
90ums = a*
80ums = a
70ums = b
60ums = c
50ums = d
40ums = e

Thanks, but something has gone wrong on here was posting this on C3 thread :smile:
Reply 893
Original post by theoeht
Which part are you struggling to integrate?

The 12sint^2 cost part.

I tried to use by parts for both parts of the integration. Is there a better way to do it that I'm not seeing? Maybe a bit of U-substitution?
Original post by nbofni
The 12sint^2 cost part.

I tried to use by parts for both parts of the integration. Is there a better way to do it that I'm not seeing? Maybe a bit of U-substitution?

4(sin t)^3
This thread has exploded since the C3 exam.
Original post by nbofni
The 12sint^2 cost part.

It's integration by recognition, sometimes the simplest ones look the hardest!

imagine you had to differentiate (sinx)^3, you get 3sinx^2 cosx as you bring the power down and times by the derivative of what's inside the brackets
Original post by Emmi12345
This thread has exploded since the C3 exam.

How did you find it?
Need to get 92+UMS in this one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending