The Student Room Group

AQA French A2 2015 [Unit 3]

Scroll to see replies

could someone please help me, is it worth me learning about the techniques used in the book?! merci
Reply 221
revise themes
tone of book ?
Hi guys, is anyone else doing Candide? If anyone has any good resources on it that'd be great, or a list of key quotes. Hoping for an A*, but the grade boundaries are insane.
Original post by lemxn
Yes they are, before 2010 there was an extra unit

I haven't looked at them much but if they're on the cultural topics we do now then go for it!

Ahh okay!! Do you know where to find them? xxxx
Reply 224
Original post by coronatheatre
could someone please help me, is it worth me learning about the techniques used in the book?! merci

Definitely! Questions like "Evaluez le style de l'auteur" can certainly come up.
Reply 225
any predictions for questions on a french region? My school only studies one cultural topic for this exam!
For the books, questions on characters came up in 2014, 2013 and 2012. Methods came up in 2012 but it's still possible that it could come up, who knows! Themes and/or messages should come up hopefully :redface:
By any chance does anyone know the translations that came out in the June 2011 past paper?
whats everyones predicitions for film question??
Original post by j.warwick96
By any chance does anyone know the translations that came out in the June 2011 past paper?

I'm not 100% if you want the questions or the mark scheme :redface: Here's the questions anyway, and if I was wrong let me know. Hope they help!

8) De nombreuses activités industrielles et touristiques se concentrent sur les zones littorales. Celles-ci sont très sensibles, d'une part par la population qui peut atteindre des chiffres très élevés sur les côtes surtout en haute saison, et d'autre part car elles sont les régions les plus menaceés par les marées noires dont on a beaucoup parlé ces derniers temps. Le naufrage d'un pétrolier se transforme rapidement en catastrophe écologique, le pétrole se diffuse alors dans les mers et s'échoue sur les plages, touchant beaucoup d'écosystèmes.

9 (a) Western countries must develop new sources of energy.
9 (b) According to some, solar energy is not always practical, although it is cheap.
9 (c) More and more wind turbines are being built all the time.
9 (d) What is certain is that soon there will be no more fossil fuels.
9 (e) If we had acted more quickly, we could have found a solution.
Original post by taikibansei
I'm not 100% if you want the questions or the mark scheme :redface: Here's the questions anyway, and if I was wrong let me know. Hope they help!

8) De nombreuses activités industrielles et touristiques se concentrent sur les zones littorales. Celles-ci sont très sensibles, d'une part par la population qui peut atteindre des chiffres très élevés sur les côtes surtout en haute saison, et d'autre part car elles sont les régions les plus menaceés par les marées noires dont on a beaucoup parlé ces derniers temps. Le naufrage d'un pétrolier se transforme rapidement en catastrophe écologique, le pétrole se diffuse alors dans les mers et s'échoue sur les plages, touchant beaucoup d'écosystèmes.

9 (b) According to some, solar energy is not always practical, although it is cheap.

thank you very much! super helpful :biggrin: what cultural topics you studying?
Reply 233

Where can you get the mark scheme for this? I can't find it anywhere!
I HAVE THE MARKSCHEMESend me some or an essay on KIFFE KIFFE DEMAIN or atleast some good notes and i'll send the mark scheme
Original post by j.warwick96
thank you very much! super helpful :biggrin: what cultural topics you studying?

No problem! :h: I'm doing an author (Marcel Pagnol, we read Jean de Florette) and a director (François Truffaut). I definitely find the director a lot easier to write about, there's just so much going on in the book! How about you?

Original post by UOE15
Where can you get the mark scheme for this? I can't find it anywhere!

We did it in class so I don't have the mark scheme on me, I'm sorry :frown:
Anyone any predictions for le metteur en scène questions??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 237

We did it in class so I don't have the mark scheme on me, I'm sorry :frown:

Don't worry! I am just redoing the translations on all papers and this is the only year I can't find a mark scheme for- no worries though!
Reply 238
what's everyone doing for the final weekend of revision?
Original post by Han24
what's everyone doing for the final weekend of revision?

Reading articles. Looking over vocab. Got one last past paper. Going over my notes for my cultural topics. You??

Quick Reply

Latest