The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILikeBoats
Bud I missed the final 2 or 3 marks off of that linear programming but I think in general they gave us WAY too much to do in that D1 exam. Nothing EXTREMELY difficult (i.e. pressure of being the real exam itself made it harder). But still there was too much to do imo in the 90 minutes.

Don't do D1, my school made us to S2 unfortunately... Stats is the worst! I'm sure you did better than you thought! All you can do is think ahead to the next exam. :smile:
Can I ask why they loved C4 rather than C3? Just interested. Seems odd. But hell if the paper is easier on Tuesday I will also probably love it forever.

More interesting topics that they were better at! My teacher also prefers c4 - I think because there are less chapters!
C4 better be good... All my exams have been diabolical so far ):
Original post by isabel-b
Don't do D1, my school made us to S2 unfortunately... Stats is the worst! I'm sure you did better than you thought! All you can do is think ahead to the next exam. :smile:

I got 90 UMS on S1 last year. I hated that module and it's the one I did the best on. Always think others are better and I end up doing worse. Why does everything I love die?
Reply 3543
I got 90 UMS on S1 last year. I hated that module and it's the one I did the best on. Always think others are better and I end up doing worse. Why does everything I love die?

S1.... Smh

Posted from TSR Mobile
More interesting topics that they were better at! My teacher also prefers c4 - I think because there are less chapters!
C4 better be good... All my exams have been diabolical so far ):

Yh hopefully. Less to memorise but it's just spotting which type of integration that I'm still a bit fuzzy on. Think I get vectors now (finally)! Just need to keep practising different Integration techniques until I perfect them. Then pray for an outstanding performance on my behalf during the exam.

Same, hated S1 and got 93UMS! Relying on c1 and c2, as got 100UMS and 94UMS last year... Was hoping for an A* but that will be impossible now!
Edexcel love to play games with us....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPjACEenQo This is what we've all been waiting for...

I know I know man I thought it was so boring and I got a good mark on it. Even though I thought C2 was better, I ended up getting 67 UMS on it last year and only 80 UMS on C1. :angry: I ended up with a high B for AS and I think I've cocked up first C3 and D1 exams. Need a C4 miracle.

I do well on practice papers normally, like most people seem to, and I just submit to the pressure during the actual exam. :frown:
Yh hopefully. Less to memorise but it's just spotting which type of integration that I'm still a bit fuzzy on. Think I get vectors now (finally)! Just need to keep practising different Integration techniques until I perfect them. Then pray for an outstanding performance on my behalf during the exam.

Yeah, if you go on physicsandmathstutor.com, you can get a word document with every integration question... It helps!!
I think in c4 it's very easy to make silly mistakes as you doubt yourself when you get an unusual answer, even though it could be correct
Can't believe how sh*t I did in this. The grade boundaries will only decrease so much! I hope C4 is 100 times better, cause f*ck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnPjACEenQo This is what we've all been waiting for i think?
Yeah, if you go on physicsandmathstutor.com, you can get a word document with every integration question... It helps!!
I think in c4 it's very easy to make silly mistakes as you doubt yourself when you get an unusual answer, even though it could be correct

Cheers for your words of inspiration from our exchange Isabel. :smile:
Cheers for your words of inspiration from our exchange Isabel. :smile:

You are most welcome! :smile:
Good luck with c4 and all your other exams!
Let's hope these exam boards don't torture us further!
You are most welcome! :smile:
Good luck with c4 and all your other exams!
Let's hope these exam boards don't torture us further!

You too although judging by your UMS scores last year sure you'll get an A or A* still. Thanks again.
guys i'm a bit confused because i've heard different things from different people- is it a combined 180 UMS in C3 and C4 for an A* or over 90 UMS in both C3 and C4 individually? (because if it's the latter i'm so screwed after that paper!).

Also, do we need a 90 UMS in the third unit that makes up the A level (M1/S2??)
Original post by ibbi1824
guys i'm a bit confused because i've heard different things from different people- is it a combined 180 UMS in C3 and C4 for an A* or over 90 UMS in both C3 and C4 individually? (because if it's the latter i'm so screwed after that paper!).

Also, do we need a 90 UMS in the third unit that makes up the A level (M1/S2??)

Combined 180UMS in both papers, so an average of 90 over each. I.e. You can get 80 in one paper and 100 UMS in the other and still come out with an A*.

There is no requirement for the 3rd A2 module besides having the 80% average overall.
Original post by Gome44
The trend so far this year has been make stats hard, make mechanics easy, make core hard, so it'll probably be a tough c4 paper

I wanted a hard M3. Made too many mistakes in the easy one. Weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gome44
The trend so far this year has been make stats hard, make mechanics easy, make core hard, so it'll probably be a tough c4 paper

I thought M1 and M2 were only standard, not easier than normal imo.
Will i get any marks for sketching the 2 graphs on the same diagram even though it says sketch on seperate ones? it was an accident ...
Original post by Gome44

I found the Mechanics I have done so far to be harder than the Statistics(I was OK with S3 it was tough but I managed the hard questions I think) I did not like M3(the last question was horrible so little time and edexcel didn't clearly state what the angle was I was so confused and calculated things with a wrong angle edexcel please draw diagrams in future for Mechanics) or M5 but M5 was always going to be tough, mainly the Moments of Inertia the other questions where Ok.

I didn't think C3 was too bad fortunately due to people finding it hard I might get away with my silly errors on an easy question that might cost be a score in the high 90s(putting in cospi as -pi what an idiot I checked over it as well).
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending