The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NikolaT
Combined 180UMS in both papers, so an average of 90 over each. I.e. You can get 80 in one paper and 100 UMS in the other and still come out with an A*.

There is no requirement for the 3rd A2 module besides having the 80% average overall.

thaaaank you- my hope of a decent grade lives :P
Original post by physicsmaths
I wanted a hard M3. Made too many mistakes in the easy one. Weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that's the problem with an easy paper, grade boundaries can be very unforgiving if you make silly errors (even if you know the content inside out like I'm sure you do)
Original post by Dalek1099
I found the Mechanics I have done so far to be harder than the Statistics(I was OK with S3 it was tough but I managed the hard questions I think) I did not like M3(the last question was horrible so little time and edexcel didn't clearly state what the angle was I was so confused and calculated things with a wrong angle edexcel please draw diagrams in future for Mechanics) or M5 but M5 was always going to be tough, mainly the Moments of Inertia the other questions where Ok.

I didn't think C3 was too bad fortunately due to people finding it hard I might get away with my silly errors on an easy question that might cost be a score in the high 90s(putting in cospi as -pi what an idiot I checked over it as well).

But m3 was certainly easier than they could have made it, there was nothing weird or anything that hadn't come up with past papers. S3 was quite different though I thought :smile:
Original post by Gome44
Yeah, that's the problem with an easy paper, grade boundaries can be very unforgiving if you make silly errors (even if you know the content inside out like I'm sure you do)

Not 'that'(still annoying as I understood the module) bothered as I killed FP2 and M2(last year) and I need one 80 in FP3/M3/S2 which i think ive gotten in M3 already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Braddy16
I thought M1 and M2 were only standard, not easier than normal imo.

I didn't sit m1 but I agree m2 was standard. But m3/4/5 were fairly easy imo
Original post by physicsmaths
Not 'that'(still annoying as I understood the module) bothered as I killed FP2 and M2(last year) and I need one 80 in FP3/M3/S2 which i think ive gotten in M3 already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, you just have to focus on step then :tongue:
Original post by TeeEm
72 UMS average on the remaining two should do it (total of 144 or more)
Careful because S2, is generally a difficult module to achieve a very high mark.
Aim high on C4

What makes you say that? Any advice for S2?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
What makes you say that? Any advice for S2?

the high boundaries make me say this ....

the advice I give?
It might be too late now ...
Make sure you do not "need" S2 for your final grade ... For most of my students it will be a non trier
Original post by TeeEm
the high boundaries make me say this ....

the advice I give?
It might be too late now ...
Make sure you do not "need" S2 for your final grade ... For most of my students it will be a non trier

For FM, I will, but I'm pretty sure I have 180+ from FP2 and M2, and the alternative would be to focus on FP3 for a 90+.
I do like to think I'm fairly decent at S2, however.
Original post by Gome44

I've only done up to M2 :smile:
Original post by H0PEL3SS
For FM, I will, but I'm pretty sure I have 180+ from FP2 and M2, and the alternative would be to focus on FP3 for a 90+.
I do like to think I'm fairly decent at S2, however.

then you have nothing to worry ... it is only an issue for Straight mathematicians if the Year 12 total UMS is not that strong.
Man what's 55/75 you guys reckon? I'm a frickin retake how they manage to throw stuff in that doesn't click mentally after doing every past paper in existence
Original post by ArabRomeo
Man what's 55/75 you guys reckon? I'm a frickin retake how they manage to throw stuff in that doesn't click mentally after doing every past paper in existence

Just below an A probs, what do you need for Uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
how did I manage to give my answers to the iteration question to 2.d.p when it specifically said 1.d.p and I convinced myself I gave my answers to 1.d.p and avoided stupid mistakes LOOOOOOOL I don't have words. Hysteria is the only thing left in my soul. Fack.
a B at least
Original post by ArabRomeo
Reply 3575
Original post by The fish inspect
Based on what arsey has said and the 2014 and 2013 papers, here's the prediction:
A*-63-64
A -56-57
B -49-50
C -42-43
However I can see some areas where easy mistakes can be made and could mean the grade boundaries are a bit lower than that. I'm pretty confident they won't be any higher

Is that arsey's predictions or your own?
Original post by Gome44

m2 was easy, m3 was impossible.
Original post by RGJ
Is that arsey's predictions or your own?

Arsey said it was easier than 2013 but harder than 2014 so grade boundaries will be inbetween. He thinks that an A would be 57, so I extrapolated from that
Original post by BobFredric
m2 was easy, m3 was impossible.

Was it? Which parts did you find hard (if you can remember)?
Im soo gutted, i completely missed out q7 because my fingers couldnt get a grip on 1 paper but instead grabbed 2 and made me miss out 10 marks.....fu** life. Judging my arseys mark scheme i got 48/75 which is a C i think, so gutted and having looked at the question, it was so easy that would have placed me at 57/75......

Latest

Trending

Trending