The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Guys, since the c3 exam was so tough I'm only expecting the same for c4..however, the edexcel papers are far too easy....do u guys know where i can find more challenging papers? thanks
Original post by Shakz
Guys, since the c3 exam was so tough I'm only expecting the same for c4..however, the edexcel papers are far too easy....do u guys know where i can find more challenging papers? thanks

http://madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_practice_papers_c4_practice_papers.html
Anyone got a link to a load of connected rates of change shiz?
Original post by theoeht
How did you find it?

It was alright :smile: A bit more challenging than an 'average' C3 paper but nothing impossible.
Reply 904
Does anyone have a table with grade boundaries for each year? It will be useful to know which papers were considered the most challenging and most straight forward. Thanks
Original post by Emmi12345
It was alright :smile: A bit more challenging than an 'average' C3 paper but nothing impossible.

I agree, though I don't see what all the fuss is about, it wasn't hard
Reply 906
Original post by raff97
Does anyone have a table with grade boundaries for each year? It will be useful to know which papers were considered the most challenging and most straight forward. Thanks

Go back a page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 907
Original post by Wahid1
Go back a page

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheeers :smile:
Reply 908
Okay my prediction for the C4 exam is that it will either be piss easy or it will pure rape. Unfortunately though bigger odds are that it will be the latter.
Original post by Jemy
Okay my prediction for the C4 exam is that it will either be piss easy or it will pure rape. Unfortunately though bigger odds are that it will be the latter.

I have to ask, when you say 'pure rape', what's your definition of 'impure rape'?

part d, I used intergration by parts and its wrong someone help
Reply 912
Original post by NikolaT
I have to ask, when you say 'pure rape', what's your definition of 'impure rape'?

without a condom. e.g. In Edexcel terms - C4 without a calculator
Reply 913
Original post by studentwiz

part d, I used intergration by parts and its wrong someone help

Maybe differentiate sin^3 and see what it gives, might be an inspection one
Would someone recommend the hardest c4 paper, as I have done all the Solomon and elmwood. Thanks.
Original post by JJBinn
Maybe differentiate sin^3 and see what it gives, might be an inspection one

how did you see it, do you have and tips on intergrating

What paper is that from?
Reply 917

Hmmm just because I've seen a similar question before. So if I see sin and cos multiplied in the same integral I always check whether inspection is the way to go. There's a couple of others like that, that should be checked, such as 2x+1/x^2+x which would integrate to ln(x^2+x).
Original post by JJBinn
Hmmm just because I've seen a similar question before. So if I see sin and cos multiplied in the same integral I always check whether inspection is the way to go. There's a couple of others like that, that should be checked, such as 2x+1/x^2+x which would integrate to ln(x^2+x).

That example is not inspection though, that's using the f'(x)/f(x) integrals rule
Reply 919
Original post by anonwinner
That example is not inspection though, that's using the f'(x)/f(x) integrals rule

Well I think if you have 2 functions multiplied together, firstly, check if it simplifies. If not then you look to see whether one of the functions differentiates to be of the form of the other function. Then, if neither of these are possible, go for integration by parts.

Quick Reply