Original post by TeeEm
see post 875 for grade boundaries for C4
then pick the hardest from there...

practice papers?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3361905
read the instructions carefully on
http://madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_practice_papers_c4_practice_papers.html

Thank you so much!!
If a question states 'using calculus find out etc...', does this mean the method is either to do with dy/dx or integration? In other words...I don't know what calculus entails.
Reply 923
Original post by sj97
Thank you so much!!

no worries
Reply 924
Original post by Dalliance
If a question states 'using calculus find out etc...', does this mean the method is either to do with dy/dx or integration? In other words...I don't know what calculus entails.

differentiation and/or integration
Original post by TeeEm
differentiation and/or integration

ah thanks, cheers for fast reply. I saw it in the C3 exam, and would have probably understood the question faster if I knew that.
Reply 926
Original post by Dalliance
ah thanks, cheers for fast reply. I saw it in the C3 exam, and would have probably understood the question faster if I knew that.

hopefully you will know for your C4.
Reply 927
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434172032.603191.jpg

Can someone explain to me why this site integral doesn't work. I know how to do it using the trig identity I just wanna know why it doesn't work like this because it should ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 928
Incorrect trig identity. Sin2A = 2SinACosA.
Original post by Hudl
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434172032.603191.jpg

Can someone explain to me why this site integral doesn't work. I know how to do it using the trig identity I just wanna know why it doesn't work like this because it should ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you multiplied by 1/3 and not 3 in dy/dx. Also easier way of doing it is sin3xcis3x=1/2sin6x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 930
Original post by physicsmaths
Well you multiplied by 1/3 and not 3 in dy/dx. Also easier way of doing it is sin3xcis3x=1/2sin6x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok that will still make myanswer (sin3x)^2 / 6 would that then be right?

& how did you find c3 yesterday? 100%?
Original post by Hudl
Ok that will still make myanswer (sin3x)^2 / 6 would that then be right?

& how did you find c3 yesterday? 100%?

Yes it would.
I found it fine tbh even though I only did 2 papers the night before(well technically I have been doing maths nonstop for 6 months with stuff much harder then C3). Yh I think im 99% sure ive got 75/75 and even if i did drop a mark or two somehow it would still be 100ums i think.
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 932
Original post by physicsmaths
Yes it would.
I found it fine tbh even though I only did 2 papers the night before(well technically I have been doing maths nonstop for 6 months with stuff much harder then C3). Yh I think im 99% sure ive got 75/75 and even if i did drop a mark or two somehow it would still be 100ums i think.
Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done man, its a massive shame to have floobonked c3 yesterday, I was hoping for 100 in c3 & c4 after 298 at AS but I think I gave a lot more effort to Biology and Chemistry which I didnt do aswell in last year than maths. I still managed to do all the papers, I however did not do the June 13R onwards. The last paper I did was June 13 and there were a few things from I think the internation jan 13 paper that I didnt get including the how to get so I was going to ask my teacher in the morning as I thought the exam was 1:30pm ended up getting into school for 8:45 and realised the exam was at 9. The few things I didnt get came up as 2markers, so I was analed and I was already panicking from not fininshing all the papers and being able to ask my teacher what I wanted to ask. Although looking at Arseys solutions, most of the questions I did in the correct way, I made silly mistakes everywhere though meaning I think I have only got 60/75. I'm so gutted. Now I'm trying to revise c4 which I haven't touched since before the mocks.

I wish I could rewind time and take that c3 exam again and just be careful >:frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
does anyone know how to do part b?
apparently x=0.1? help...

(June 2013 replacement paper)

Picture1.png
Which are the hardest c4 past papers? I've done them all before but forgot which one the hardest were and now I don't wanna go through all of them again can someone tell me which one the hardest were so it's quicker?
Reply 935
Why doesn't this work

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434185998.186604.jpg

Ignore attached thumbnail below

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 936
Original post by ridirahman
Which are the hardest c4 past papers? I've done them all before but forgot which one the hardest were and now I don't wanna go through all of them again can someone tell me which one the hardest were so it's quicker?

Just do the gold papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone pls explain how to differentiate 3^x-1 ??
Original post by Hudl
Why doesn't this work

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434185998.186604.jpg

Ignore attached thumbnail below

Posted from TSR Mobile

e4+ln(3)=eln(3)e4=3e4e^{4+ln(3)}=e^{ln(3)}e^4=3e^4

Click on edit and preview post to open up that separate page where you can just edit your post, and scroll down and you should be able to remove the other attachment.
Reply 939
Original post by rayquaza17
e4+ln(3)=eln(3)e4=3e4e^{4+ln(3)}=e^{ln(3)}e^4=3e^4

Click on edit and preview post to open up that separate page where you can just edit your post, and scroll down and you should be able to remove the other attachment.

Thanks, didn't know that wasn't allowed, I e them separately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending