The Student Room Group

GCSE Results, what are you expecting, and how will you open them?

GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?

Scroll to see replies

me:

What are you hoping for?I am praying, if i am lucky for 7A*

What are you expecting?I am expecting 3-4A*+ the rest A's, but i can really not be sure what i get, because I have no idea how well i've done...

Will you be satisfied with your expectation?Not really, if i get 5A*'s plus then i will be, but any lower, i won't ;(

How will you open them?I will go to the quietest place in school, maybe go hide in a toilet cubicle, and open them

To be honest, i've kinda of told myself that these GCSE results are just a lesson to teach me to work harder... and tbh these results don't define your life, you've just gotta work harder for A levels

Yup
Hoping for 11 A*.

Expecting 8 A*s and 3 As. And yes, I will be happy because I think these are a solid sets of results which reflects the amount of work I put in.

I'm opening mine school, but kind of away from everyone? Then if I'm pleased I can stay and chat to teachers and friends, and If I'm disappointed I can run away and sob in my car!!! :bawling::bawling:

I don't think I will celebrate at all because everyone in my family just expects me to do well regardless? Having said that I will probably go out with my friends :smile:

I have got an unconditional entry into my Sixth Form, however I do need at least an A in the subjects I want to continue to A-level. Therefore I have definitely got a place but if things go badly I will have to swap subjects... (I'm planning on taking maths, physics, chemistry and biology).

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON RESULTS DAY THOUGH!
What are you hoping for? 6A*s and the rest A's

What are you expecting? 3 A*s 5A's 1B

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? If I get A* Additional Science, A* History and A in Maths I will be sooo happy

How will you open them? Just open it

How will you celebrate / react? I will be extremely happy but try not to be too happy as it may be unfair on those who got bad results. Might go for a cheeky Nandos :wink:

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?Most likely
hey guys, bit irrelevant but I was hoping someone could help me out here. I haven't applied for any sixth forms but I would like to attend one in September. The reason I couldn't apply was because I was retaking a few gcses again. Do you think I can still apply to one on results day? I'm freaking out :/
Original post by elena2710
Hoping for 11 A*.

Expecting 8 A*s and 3 As. And yes, I will be happy because I think these are a solid sets of results which reflects the amount of work I put in.

I'm opening mine school, but kind of away from everyone? Then if I'm pleased I can stay and chat to teachers and friends, and If I'm disappointed I can run away and sob in my car!!! :bawling::bawling:

I don't think I will celebrate at all because everyone in my family just expects me to do well regardless? Having said that I will probably go out with my friends :smile:

I have got an unconditional entry into my Sixth Form, however I do need at least an A in the subjects I want to continue to A-level. Therefore I have definitely got a place but if things go badly I will have to swap subjects... (I'm planning on taking maths, physics, chemistry and biology).

Wow, high expectations! I hope you get them!
I'm taking the same subjects as you except from physics!
what career are you planning to go into?
Reply 6
What are you hoping for?
I might be a bit too ambitious but I'm hoping for A's across the board and at least a B in Geography and French

What are you expecting?
Probably A's and B's, with B's in the sciences

I think I will be happy with some of my results but there will be some like sciences and geography where I'll be a bit disappointed and I wished I worked harder on them.
How will you open them?

Awaay from the school so that they don't catch my reaction on camera lol.

Tbh I don't know. If I'm happy about it, then I'm happy about it, but if I'm disappointed with them then I will just have to move on

I very much likely will because the offer is 5B including Maths and English which I'm hoping to get better than that. If I don't meet that offer then I kind of don't meet my own personal expectations never mind the sixth form offer, because that would mean getting C's or below across the board and that is absolutely not what I'm aiming for.

Hopefully everything will be fine tho
Original post by elena2710
Hoping for 11 A*.

Lol ur name reminded me of tvd
Original post by askhelpsuccess
hey guys, bit irrelevant but I was hoping someone could help me out here. I haven't applied for any sixth forms but I would like to attend one in September. The reason I couldn't apply was because I was retaking a few gcses again. Do you think I can still apply to one on results day? I'm freaking out :/

I'm not sure about applying on results day, you could try phoning up some of the schools and asking them, it depends on the school, some schools rank you according to your grades, but for most schools you need to apply months early, and they will give you an offer...

i think you still have the chance to apply on results day, but just less likely to get in because the schools have already made offers to those who applied early,
however, if you do get really good grades then the school may accept you, BUT only if another student does't get the grades and doesn't get the place.

hope you are able to go to the sixth form you want :wink:
Original post by laurachoi99
I'm not sure about applying on results day, you could try phoning up some of the schools and asking them, it depends on the school, some schools rank you according to your grades, but for most schools you need to apply months early, and they will give you an offer...

i think you still have the chance to apply on results day, but just less likely to get in because the schools have already made offers to those who applied early,
however, if you do get really good grades then the school may accept you, BUT only if another student does't get the grades and doesn't get the place.

hope you are able to go to the sixth form you want :wink:

thanks :smile: I think I may get 1A* 1A and 2B's...mind you the C in maths because that screwed me over
What are you hoping for? 4 A* 7 A

What are you expecting? 2 A* 5 A 5 B.... If I get nice examiners

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? I won't be disappointed

How will you open them? Take them, go round the back of my school out of view of everyone (in case of emotional breakdown. Need to be prepared). Open. Then go and speak to teachers etc

How will you celebrate / react? No idea yet...

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? I think I've done enough, yes
What are you hoping for? 1 A^, 8 A*'s, 1 A and 1 B

What are you expecting? 5 A*, 5 A, 1 B

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Sort of I suppose, slightly disappointed if I get them or lower, but my results will be what I deserve so I wouldn't be too upset with myself at all.

How will you open them? Idk, maybe at home, maybe in the car. Depends on my nerves on the day tbh.

How will you celebrate / react? I don't know XD Food? :biggrin:

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Yep, same school anyway :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
What are you hoping for?
11 A*'s 2 A's

What are you expecting?
10 A*'s 3 A's

Yes, I think it will fairly reflect how much work I have put in :smile:

How will you open them?
I will probably just open it when I get it.

To be honest, I probably won't celebrate as like some others have mentioned, people just expect me to do well.

Yes, I need 360 points from my top 8 subjects (A*=58, A=52, B=46 etc.)
Original post by laurachoi99
Wow, high expectations! I hope you get them!
I'm taking the same subjects as you except from physics!
what career are you planning to go into?

Well I am thinking of medicine but I am not entirely sure yet! What about you? And what are you taking instead of physics?

(And thank you so much btw, I hope you do amazingly too!)
Im HOPING/BEGGING/PLEADING. For:
At least 1A*, 5-6A's,3-4B's

I'll probably open them alone-as im such an unlucky person:frown: and will probably end up with c's even after all the hard work!!

If i get these results id b SOOO happy words cnt expl
Ain
Reply 15
GCSE Results:
What are you hoping for?
2A* 6A 2B
What are you expecting?
2A* 4A 2B 2C
Not completely but they are all passes so I wouldn't be devastated.
How will you open them?
As fast as possible and then probably focus on my worse grades because that's the sort of idiot I am.
I'll cry from disappoint or relief which is quite pathetic to be honest
Yeah, I've spoken to them and they'd let me in with Ds if it came to it so I'm happy.
What are you hoping for?
7 A*s and 3 As (or better)

What are you expecting?
4 A*s, 5 As and 1B

As long as I get all As and A*s I won't be distraught, but I won't be completely happy without more A*s than As.

How will you open them?
With my friends at school so we can compare and then cry/celebrate accordingly.

If my results are good, probably a lot of hugging and then ice cream, if they're bad, crying at the prospect of having to tell my parents and then having the worst car journey home ever.

My school only requires 8 Bs to get into the school so I think I'll get in.
(edited 8 years ago)
What are you hoping for? As many A grades as possible
What are you expecting? Not saying. Rather not jinx myself
Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Will be satisfied if I get a good amount of As
How will you open them? I will take the envelope, walk to the other end of the hall, open them, read them in my head and keep a neutral look to avoid disclosing what I got
How will you celebrate / react? I don't celebrate anything. It will be a normal day but maybe with a raised heart rate throughout the morning.
Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? I need A's in science, maths and geography (Already banked my A in maths)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by askhelpsuccess

I'm almost sure many sixth forms across the country would have had their deadline at Feb at the very latest as interviews would have been around Feb/March/April time and not to mention the sheer amount of admin and the work needed to organise induction days. I would get into contact with some of your local sixth forms and ask, or speak to a teacher at school. Chances are you might find one that will take you on but your chances are slim seeing the whole application process would have finished a long time ago!
Original post by Alan-K
I'm almost sure many sixth forms across the country would have had their deadline at Feb at the very latest as interviews would have been around Feb/March/April time and not to mention the sheer amount of admin and the work needed to organise induction days. I would get into contact with some of your local sixth forms and ask, or speak to a teacher at school. Chances are you might find one that will take you on but your chances are slim seeing the whole application process would have finished a long time ago!

On results day many schools and colleges have a registration day. There will be people who don't meet their offer/no longer want to go there so there will more often than not be vacancies so all you need to do is show up with results to see if you have a place because sixth forms only really admit students on the basis of solely their grades

Quick Reply

Latest